64-bit Open Beta Feedback Thread

Thanks Falcon :slight_smile:

Need to be running beta client not release.

This works. Just confusing because the instruction graphic in the article has “Release” selected.

FYI this is my launcher version
Eve%20client
Once I had selected the Beta option in version type and closed the launcher it then restarted twice - each time it downloaded a new update. Only after the second one did it give me the 64bit option.

Mine kinda look like they have had a slight haze filter added.

seems fine now

It seems that the resolution is not scaling properly.

1 Like

I have enabled the 64 bit in the launcher but didn’t download anything new.
How do i know if the client is 64 or not?

Checked the beta and run 64 bit client and task manager is still show the launcher and client as 32 bit. C’mon QA department up your game please or don’t release broken stuff.

I can’t launch the 32 bit or 64 bit clients. I get as far as the character select screen but it won’t let me click on a character. I click and click but it never selects the character.

edit: if i click a character and wait 30 seconds or so it will finally load

It is very slow. Just wait, patience, for me it was up to half a minute until it started.

The file name is the same. I had to enable the Platform column in the Task Manager to check this, but it does show 64 bit for the clients now.

really slow and when you click on anything for info like another players character dosen’t give any info

update does give info but taking 30 secs plus and in this game that means get a new ship.

can we just revert back to the 32bit or are we stuck with this unless we re-install ??

1 Like

The gameplay has the consistency of Soup, 30 secs to “set destination”, feels like some code is getting stuck and only actions once it times out

I guess we won’t experience any disconnects or tidi because 64 bit runs in tidi mode all of the time. It is slow and even trying to look at a character is slow to pull anything up.

3 Likes

I am not seeing the ‘64-bit’ option in the Mac client in the launcher settings. Anyone had more luck?

Seems to run fine in wine for now (didn’t really play a long session yet)
God bless me, was my greatest fear that it wouldn’t work in wine out of the box and ccp wouldn’t give a ■■■■

great reverted to 32bit and having same issues.

don’t work :c

hmm looking at the Invasion - Known Issues page seems these issues are patch issues hopefully you guys will get them sorted asap

I’m Using what I imagine is the 64bit client
https://i.imgur.com/ItDOE9V.png

however it still seems to be stuck to 1 gig of memory per client