64-bit Open Beta Feedback Thread

I was experiencing these “slowness” issues prior to updating to the 64-bit client but after the Summer release was applied. Others in game were commenting on it as well. I am updating to 64-bit now.

Can you give us an idea how large the download is for this?

After switching to 64 bit client, seems like it cannot detect my screen resolution. I have 2 screens; 1080p and 4K.

Before changing, everything was fine - I would run multiple clients in full size windows on the 1080p screen. Now the client seems to think my monitor is around 720p, because the 1080p sized window extends far past the ends of the screen. Seems like resolution detection is borked.

Also getting about 10fps on a single client now, before I would have almost steady 60 on all 3.

2 Likes

Switched back to 32 bit client - everything is fine again. Screen resolution detected normally, fps is back to what it was

As I’ve said before I have resolution issues too, and I’m also running 2 screens. Maybe that’s messing with the client’s resolution detection.

Switching back fixed it for me, unfortunately it also lost all my saved accounts & trashed my profile. Fun.

So far the 64-bit client seems snappier with one exception. There is a 5-12 second delay after selecting a character before there is any indication of the client launching a session. One click is sufficient, but it takes time. Otherwise, the launcher is faster and more responsive when launching multiple sessions for me. It minimizes faster, the second session launches faster (but has same selection issue). The other change I made in switching to the 64-bit is that I also went to “download all content” as prior to the new update I was having some lag issues on occasion that I could not attribute to anything specific and I hope this will improve that. I am also running 2 monitors and opened a session on each with no issues. My monitors are different sizes and slightly different resolutions. Overall there seems to be better contrast (maybe shading/shadows related) or possibly imagined. FPS seems the same in the sessions. More to follow…

for me the small e button in launcher wont work when I press it I can’t see drop down menu ?
also the launcher is gone full screen and can’t seem to get it back to normal maybe this is the issue ?

Launcher has to be set to “beta” not “release” in order to download the 64bit. Don’t see this info in the “how-to”.

64bit client is available on release launcher

It is as an option, but does not download for me.

Resolution scaling seems a problem for me and the fonts are slightly fuzzy. My monitor is 4k.

I was able to fix the scaling (on 4K) after switching it to window mode and then back to fixed. Try if it helps.

Confirmed. Switching from window mode to fixed fixes it for me. Also the fuzzy fonts go away if I change “interval” from “interval one” to “interval immediate”. No idea what on earth that setting is supposed to be for but that fixed the fonts for me.

Just so you don’t think I’m nuts.
Interval immediate (Not blurry)

Interval one (blurry)

I am running 64-bit, client does seem to bit slow…
Agency also takes a bt of time to load.

I use windowed mode. Usually my resolution is 1920x1001. When I changed to the 64bit client it changed to something like 1530x830.
I’ve changed back to 32bit until I figure out what I’m doing wrong or the issue is fixed

Same here.

Few remember when the server went down for a couple of days when a new patch was launched. The bugs will be fixed.

Compared to that, this was a good launch.

4 Likes

i check the option of run 64-bits clinte, click OK, restart my desktop and the launcher several times, it doesn’t not work, the task manager still show it is 32-bits

does anyone know what should i do for this?? thank you very much