64-bit Open Beta Feedback Thread

OK I’ve found a new graphics bug and it’s pretty severe so I’ve had to change back. The good news is its actually easy to repro on my machine although very weird. In 64 bit mode it sometimes gets into a state where it acts as though the pointer is a few (like maybe 100) pixels higher up the screen than it actually is. So if you go to the neocom to click one button it will click the button below it. Likewise in the settings menu you can’t activate the toggle to switch between windowed/fixed window/fullscreen because that dropdown won’t light up. The pointer is on that guy but about 2 or 3 menus lower lights up as though I was hovering there. Obviuously I can’t play like that - imagine trying to pve/pvp when it was targetting the wrong ships in the overview etc.

Runs very smoothly on my machine, except for having to change the launcher to beta, no lag, no glitches, no resolution issues. Win 7 + nVidia 1070.

I always had the download all selected, and once the 64bit client came out I just clicked that one setting in the launcher, and got my 64bit client (verified in task manager). Running on Win10 on a rather old PC (2nd gen core i7, Radeon 7850, 16gb ram)

64bit client gives me exactly the same experience as the 32bit one did, with the exception of the little lag when logging in (I noticed that others reported this as well)

The lag is weird though. First time I logged on with the 64bit client it took almost 30 seconds to see any reaction. After that it was down to 5-7 seconds

I play in Windowed mode, always dual or triple boxing, and it works great.

No other issues to report.

Yesterday the client was updated and I played. And he was updated again 5 times and I still played. And everything was beautiful and beautiful again. And today I turned on the client and none of my accounts are there. Not at all. And the client rebooted and they are gone again. Tell me, is it necessary to mock the players every update? You think I have nothing to do except how to re-enter the login-password pairs for each account? But I have a SP farm. Many, many accaunts. And this is my entertainment, is there any update? I am very angry. I can not believe this level of incompetence.

And two weeks ago, after the update, all the interface transparency settings were reset again on all accounts. And again, I changed the settings on each account to those that I needed. Your programmers are not at all friendly with saving settings, right? Probably, this solution will reset the settings! C’mon, put down again! And again put down! And again! Yes, 20 times a year we will change the interface transparency for you! And 5 times a year, register all logins and passwords, receive all letters! I, with a farm, and two real jobs, have really a lot of time!

Summary

Install the latest security updates on Windows.
Close security holes.
Remove shared network resources.
Install a serious security system.
Configure network rules for each program separately.
Install Eva, without errors.
Achieve from the provider a stable network connection to the eva servers.
Get updates without errors.
Register an account.
Pay by credit card.
Confirm mail, 2 times.
Accept the agreement, 2 times.
Enter login and password, 2 times.
Create a character.
Customize the interface eva.
Customize the graphics of Eva.
Read a dozen guides.
When after the update, a bug will appear in the eve to create a bug report. Write on the forum. Attach screenshots. Report how to repeat the problem. Read a dozen pages of the forum in another language to find a similar case. A month after the update, repeat it again and again.

I spend very little time at the computer. You have to live with him, continuously solving security problems, eliminating bugs, reading forums, and installing updates.

Took part in 700+ pilot fight/bash yesterday, maxed out at around 2.5GB ram usage in performance mode.

In station ambience playing after undocking only problem for me so far.

1 Like

In the gameplay it seams to me that the FPS is a bit lower.
Other thing is that after doing a ESI export from Pyfa, the fit is not showing in the Fitting Management. If I do a clipboard copy and try to save it asks should it overwrite.
So it is there but not showing in the list.

The client seems fine but i have a issue with the Eve launcher beta 1515528.
When i close the launcher it will disappear from systray but the process is still there in the task manager, using 0% CPU and ~41MB ram. Then after a few hours it will start using 50% CPU or more.

Had it run in 64Bit yesterday during my session, did some traveling, including Trig systems, and Epic arc missions. Worked fine, no difference to 32Bit except one thing … the blackscreen when undocking/docking is much longer, and also doesn’t calm down with subsequent attempts like before. Hope this gets tackled.

1 Like

I have 1 gripe using EVE Launcher for Linux (1514997) checked the 64bit option and the game runs fine, don’t see any performance issues sofar, but the 64bit setting doesn’t stick.
When I (re)start the launcher I have to check the 64bit option again.

Desktop: Asrock 990FX Extreme4, AMD FX-8320, 16GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1070,
Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Headset.
Debian buster 64bits (multiarch with MATE),
wine-staging 4.8~buster, EVElauncher for Linux 64bit DX11.
Override: DXVK-latest.

Notebook: Lenovo y520, 16GB ram, Nvidia Optimus GTX 1050.
Nvidia drivers only.
Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Headset.
Debian buster 64bits (multiarch with MATE).
wine-staging 4.8~buster, EVElauncher for Linux 64bit DX11.
Override: DXVK-latest.

2 Likes

64 bit clien resulted in 0.3-2 FPS during structure bash with 400-600 people in grid

EvE broken again… will see how it will go on 32bits

Well, it’s a Beta, so I don’t think Eve be broken. The feedback will be helpful for someone I’m sure.

Would be good to know if the same group does better on 32-bit. Hope you have another timer to hit

Hopefully people are not incorrectly expecting the 64bit client to be faster, it will in practice probably be very slightly slower, and will use alot more memory without any net effect purely from the addressing change.

Started testing 64 yesterday and I found my client using ~1.5GB memory rather than the usual ~800MB, some portion of that is expected purely from the addressing change from 32 to 64.

Hopefully the compiled binary can use the more than doubled number of registers and maybe cache some more information from disk to speed things up but we’ll see.

Normally unless the data set is very large there is little to gain from 64bit programs, sometimes there are advantageous SIMD possibilities with 32bit as you can send an instruction along with a piece of data in 1 clock, depending on how its compiled.

Can be done with 64 as well with MMX/SSE stuff, but its slowed down by 64bit memory reads being half as efficient most of the time, again depending on how its compiled.

File paths are different.

Lov’in it !!!
30% Lower CPU Useage, (i5 Sandybridge) 30% higher GPU useage (GTX 1050 Ti), Stable, no lagging or dragging that others have complained about. Graphics is now doing the work it should have been doing earlier. no change in system Ram use still on 800mb, more clarity and response which i used to blame on the internet.
Thumbs Up x2

Did follow the 64 bit client guide, has got 64 bit OS, client downloaded and deleted all my account settings so I’m fairly sure I have the right client, yet it still insist on running in 32 bit mode. Anyone know what is wrong here?

Edit: unless the launcher will still be 32 bit and the exe file actually runs in 64 bit? I’m no computer guru, so I don’t know.

Hey there. That is the launcher. For me when running all the 64-bit clients the launcher is still 32-bit mode.

1 Like

OK so the real problem with 64-bit for me is “enable hardware rendering” and the paltry max DPI I was getting from my 1080Ti with that off. On 32-bit I get 3840x2160 whereas on 32-bit the highest I am allowed is 2560x1440 unless I manually turn on “Enable Hardware Rendering” and “High DPI scaling”

. That’s essential to make this usable on 4k hardware it seems. Not sure why they aren’t just enabled by default.

Why did I receive a notification about this forum post?

Yes, launcher is a separate application. It does not need to be 64-bit to launch 64-bit client.

“Hardware rendering” is related to launcher itself, I believe.

The launcher uses 64bit if your system is 64bit. The game itself runs default on 32bits unless you check the 64bit option.
High DPI scaling is not checked as default as the majority of gamers still use a FHD monitor or notebook. For Hardware rendering it depends on the hardware. Yours might be capable but that doesn’t mean it is for others.