64-bit Open Beta Feedback Thread

I read all of the information and it still doesn’t work when I do all I’m supposed to according to the fixing it the way you guys want me to do on this Eve online. You’re just not here seeing that Eve is the problem. I try to show you on videos also try to follow the rules on this community. so kind of like give me a break guys I also am getting negative responses on a lot of my statements when I’m only just trying to be a part of the community

Same thing for me

I’m on Macs, and the X.11 instantiation CCP is doing, has resulted in EVERY overlay window flickering so much that it’s preventing me from being able to play. Further, the Escape Menu shortcuts aren’t working and even when they say they’re correctly set, the game isn’t reacting to key presses. My Mouse actions are also off, meaning a click action isn’t completed until the mouse is subsequently moved…

I’m on a military and also civilian airline desktop box and it does the same flickering. And how else can I put it it’s discouraging.

I have followed the instructions at the top of the page to download and run the 64bit client but when I do CNTRL + ALT + DEL and run the task manager it still says it is 32 bit client running. Even switched the version type from “Release” to “Beta” This had me Download version 15.15.528 for client, but still task manager is reporting it as 32bit.

“Hardware rendering” is related to launcher itself, I believe.

Well you say that, if it’s not enabled, then in 64-bit I can’t enable high res settings in game. So there is a link.

Hello i wanted to share an experience with the new 64 Bit Beta version i adjusted it and launched it in a high end notebook its all virus protected by kaspersky total security and ı use 100 megabits fiberoptics network connection which quite fast play the game like no delay at all. i was in brave home system thats ge-8jv i undocked in my interceptor which is equipped with republic fleet medium shield extender em resists and i have max shield skills max armor skills and structure skills for subcaps. that being said i warped to the first belt in ge got red boxed by 5 light npc and suddenly insta structre in the first hit and dead in second. I knew there was something wrong so i checked logs. Furthermore there was no mining fleet or response fleet or any npc carriers or dreads or titans or officers or faction npcs on the belt. So there was nothing that can cause me to be in insta structure. here i link the damage logs you will see its against the dps per second mechanics of eve the same ships applied multiple times damage the same second . so that was why please fix this issue i am not going to try this beta before this is fixed. it was so scary i could have a valuable cargo on board.

Screenshot_3

These were the npc in the belt.

Are interval Immediate and Interval 1 the only two options with 64-bit client still?
Mostly just curious.

Issue I had today is scanning, I was in a WH and scanning and probes would freeze unable to expand probes or recall. Unable to move probes around field as will.

Scanning also sound of probes over cel continued in game, the sound that indicates your close to Cel after window was closed

Never has happen before, while in 32bit.

has changed the shortcut of cmd + c / cmd + v -> ctrl c / v, why this change?

Hi,

returned form holday today and want to test the 64 Bit Version on Mac 10.14.5.

Download is working, 64 Bit Option is shown in launcher menu, but the setting is not persisten. After a laucher restart it is reset to unchecked. I tryed beta / release launcher. no change.

grafik

grafik

CCP is totally incapable of doing something this major without total chaos, you have been warned…

So with the new mirror on SiSi and the 64bit client, it took only 2 hours to get terrible lag and I had a stutter-festival - good job.

Maybe the hipster teenagers who spam nothing but keepstars in that system have something to do with it but still.

Jeebus, can someone turn off and un-spam keepstars, so we can test the client porperly?

NOBODY can and will have 60000 keepstars in one f-ing system.

I have been running the 64-bit client exclusively on TQ more or less since it came out, and for me all the weird bugs and hitches I have found have related to a change in graphics drivers. I’m now using hardware rendering rather than CPU which bafflingly I was using before. If CCP smooth the upgrade path by enabling sensible defaults in the launcher, this upgrade will go a lot better for a lot of people.

1. High DPI scaling and Enable hardware rendering should default to “on” in the launcher if people have modern graphics cards. Switching this on by default is quite scary but the opposite is worse - that people see a huge drop in screen res when they upgrade
  2. For some reason it turned on anti-aliasing for me when I enabled hardware rendering, leading to drops in FPS down to 8fps and lower on a 1080Ti even in potato mode. With it off I am on max settings at 4k and get 160fps+ multiboxing 4 accounts at once
  3. I have a weird mouse pointer bug which seems to happen once per account where the mouse doesn’t click on the thing it appears to be hovering over. The workaround (believe it or not) is to change from fixed window to windowed mode and back again.
  4. Session changes take longer so I get the black screen pretty much every time I dock or undock which is a bummer
  5. When I multibox there is a very brief stall every time I switch from one account to another in eve-o-preview. Noticable but not terrible

Other than that, no problems and as I say, all of the above seem related to the change to hardware rendering rather than 64-bitness per se. Given that I’m now using hardware rendering I have seen a big increase in FPS (was capped at 60FPS before, now I regularly get 160fps +) and a decrease in CPU (because my CPU isn’t doing the rendering).

Spam removed.

Any chance we can have something in the about screen and/or logs so we can see that it’s running 64bit version? Something to give me some assurance that it’s running in the right mode at least

If you are running Windows you can run task manager and look in the details tab, make sure that you turn the platform column on. Look through the list and see if Eve is running 64bit client. The loader is in 32bit but the actual game should be in 64bit.

I’m on Mac, have been using the 64 bit version from the first day it became available, and I have had zero issues.

The only problem I’m having, is the fact that the launcher doesn’t save my preferences to launch the client in 64 bit. I have to manually go into the settings after every launcher restart or after some time has passed, it seems. Even if I don’t close the launcher, after a while it forgets my settings, and I have to go and tick that 64-bit box again.

This is annoying, because I don’t always remember to do that. I want to use 64-bit at all times, and wish that I didn’t have to constantly go back into the settings to tick it again. :frowning: