64-bit Open Beta Feedback Thread

Type /moveme in chat and it will pop up a window with systems you can instantly teleport to. That said, I saw neither the lag nor the spam when I tried on Sisi so maybe someone fixed it for you.

1 Like

please add a frame rate limit on the character selection screen so that the clients don’t rev my graphics card into oblivion needlessly, kthx.

1 Like

Using 64 bit and it keeps loosing all accounts so I cant log in. Even the Launch Group and Add Account buttons go missing. Switch back to 32 bit and the accounts come back.

I get similar. If I start the launcher for the first time since pc boot I can log in and play, but start up launcher again later and the accounts and whatnot are missing.

Other than the 64-bit client picking a different character then what I had selected, everything seems okay.

I have noticed the flashing lights on the Athanors are really glitchee, and really a strobe light effect, compared to the 32 bit client.
The artifacts of the image maps of the polygons are really noticeable with this strobe light type.
Anyway of turning the light effect down a tad ??
I guess i could also post a screeni of it. I will do that after DT.

I have 144 htz gsync monitor and a 1080ti
Interval 1 locks it to 60fps instead of 144.

And you cant limit FPS in your graphic drivers? Or force v-sync (adaptive v-sync) for eve there?

@ugh_zug Same here. Try using interval 1 to lock at 60 fps or if has monitor that allows more than 60 fps, try in graphic drivers.

Can you file a bug report, preferably in-game? (Press F12 and then click Report Bug.) Include screenshots if you can. Then, post back here with the EBR number of your bug. I’ll make sure that the graphics team takes a look.

Logged in, scaling was completely off meaning i only saw 1/4 of my actual screen (running at 4k). I had to change down resolution to be able to exit the client without using ctrl+F4

Still no major problems with 64bit client, good job so far. The only one which is annoying is the extended black screen on undock (up to 20s sometimes for me). Fortunately the timer only starts ticking when the grid is loaded.

If you have a driver that sets display settings on launch based on the binary that’s running, it’s possible that you may have to reset those settings for the 64-bit client, since it’s a different binary file than you have been using to launch Eve in the past.

I can’t get my launcher to download/use the 64 bit clients.

For some reason, even after ticking the 64 bit box, nothing gets downloaded/changed.
Ive tried reinstalling the game with no succes.

Any ideas?

I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY BOOK2 I play eve on it daily.
will it work with the NEW 64bit has any one tried it yet? the 32bit works fine no issues at all on it.

I was wondering if there’s going to be a chance to be fixing people’s corporations to wear capsular czar able to participate in a very active capsular. Because you’re out there in the middle of the Galaxy of Eve. And then you are invited and then they don’t become so active. And you’re wondering why you joined.

If you have that box in launcher, you already have 64-bit binary downloaded. Open EVE\SharedCache\tq\ and look for folder bin64. Also, tick the box, launch game and open task manager. If there is no 32-bit annotation after game process you are running 64-bit version of client. But note that launcher itself is still 32-bit and launcher process is different than game itself.

@Ces

Thank you so much for the answer Sordina. I’ll have a look :slight_smile:

Having the same problem

Had the same problem. Had to go to “Task Manager” “Processes” and close the launcher there after I closed it on the desktop (it was still running). When I reopened the accounts were there again. Launcher doesnt seem to close properly. Ive had to do this a number of times.

I have to do this on my Linux Mint-17 system as well - launcher not visible on the screen or task-bar but stil running after closing.