64-bit Open Beta Feedback Thread

As of this week, I noticed a drastic increase of GPU resources when docked in a citadel and using the fitting simulator and having the fitting browser open.
After 2 hours my GPU goes haywire and the citadel interior starts to cook my GPU.

Undocking does cool my poor GPU down again after a few minutes.

So either citadel interiors now “require” high levels open compute calculations to show a picture or something is very wrong.

For comparison, not even DOOM 2016 with Vulkan™ does not require so much GPU resources, however a benchmark that I did with openCL did start to cook my GPU as a stress test.
This stress test did push my GPU to use 97.8 Watts of power.

DOOM 2016 with ultra graphics settings and using all what Vulkan™ has to offer only required 60-75 Watts of power from the GPU.

What on Earth are you computing in those citadels??

3 Likes

I really hope they fix the scaling issue before 64 bit is forced. I Run a 4k TV with for clients, one in each corner. In the 32 bit client each window is 1080 per client. The 64 bit is only like 800 which makes everything way to big. I tried a few setting changes nothing seems to work. I would really hate to quit this game because of a UI bug but I’m not going back to one or two clients.

Just to satisfy my curiosity: changing size of client window by dragging edge in “windowed” mode to appropriate size don’t work?

Hey there, I’ve been investigating this issue since first reports of it. If it’s still occurring in your daily experiences I would really appreciate a bug report with the specific steps and settings you set to make the UI scaling issues occur. I have a 4k monitor available to me for testing and have been unable to reliably reproduce the issue, however it is a known issue we are trying to get to the bottom of.

hi heavenly whores. I do not know English I use Google translator. and do not understand computers at all. I am 47 years old. I am an Orthodox monk. If you want success, make it so that both versions 32-bit and 64-bit worked well. it’s just a joke > heavenly whores < :wink: I wish you all success and a lot of happiness in the game and in real life. and I pray for you all from Georgia. Caucasian Georgia. hhhhaaalleeelluuiiaaaaa… :wink:

2 Likes

and how do i get out of here? ??? Where is the exit button?

Can you please submit an in-game bug report about this, by pressing F12, clicking Report Bug, and filling out the form? Your exact hardware, driver versions, etc. which get automatically submitted with such a report would be helpful to let us attempt to reproduce it on our end.

Also, try setting Interval One in your graphics settings if it’s not already. That in itself might account for the issue you’re seeing.

Dear @CCP_Darwin,
I did file a bug report yesterday which was closed EBR-178515 and I always had my interval setting at level one because I don’t want to cook my GPU and 60 frames is fine for my screen.
And no since I have my interval settings under control, this did not solve the issue. Turning back to the 32bit client didn’t help either.

Before you ask, I have a cronjob which deletes all those nice cache files every day at 12pm.

Hi CCP,
Love the idea of the 64bit but find the screen resolution and fonts sharpness very poor and hard to read. I run Graphics Content Setting all on high. Am I doing something wrong?
Cheers
JB

I was asked to submit an in game bug report and when I did it was immediately closed. I’m told my graphics card is too old. I’m running a Nvidia 1070 8Gig, which is not a weak card. I can run 8 clients across 2 4k tv’s, a 1080p monitor for a browser and another 1080p monitor for a Dotlan map with no problems on low settings with the 32 bit client. And your telling me the 64 bit client can’t handle a single 4k monitor. I think there needs to be more questions asked about this before closing a report. Especially since there are multiple people reporting the same issue.

This is my current set-up.

Obviously I’m obsessed. But I think the graphics card should be more then able to handle a single 4k monitor when controls all this currently.

Edit: For the record the 1070’s max resolution is 7680x4320, exactly the same as 2080 Ti.

Another Edit: Tested plugging this into a TCL 4k TV. Instead of the 3072x1665 I get with the Sony I get a max Resolution of 2560x1417. When I switch back to 32 bit everything works perfectly. 64 bit is having serious issues.

1 Like

Hi CCP,
Found my problem. Windows 10 “Change the size of text, app and other items” was set to 125%. This wasn’t a problem with the 32bit, but the 64bit uses this windows setting. I have a 3440x1440 32" screen so windows a 100% text size is a bit small.

Cheers
JB

1 Like

Dear Lord Jonathan, you are the man. That seems to have fixed it. I spent days trying to fix this. Thank you very much.

I couldn’t be the only one.
Your welcome

Does this mean the stupid issues will be fixed? You know, like having to reopen the launcher and relog whilst multiboxing?

I took a look at your report. It was closed because it appears you’re running the game under Linux using Wine, which while it may work, isn’t a configuration we support, and we weren’t able to reproduce the problem running on Windows with a similar GPU.

I took a look at your bug report. In fact, the response was that your graphics card DRIVER was two years out of date and this may be related to your problem. You can download an updated driver for your 1070 at www.nvidia.com.

Also, the response pointed out that our current system recommendations do suggest not exceeding a resolution of 1980x1200. This is mainly a performance-based recommendation, though, and a number of our graphics team run the game with 4k monitors routinely, so it shouldn’t be a barrier to being able to choose a higher maximum resolution if your graphics card and driver report it as an option.

If you update your drivers and still have the problem, please update your bug report (which you can do at bugs.eveonline.com) and let us know.

Wow, how do you keep up lol

Ouuh I see. But you may be happy to know that the latest patch seems to have fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Fantastic! I’m glad to hear the issue was cleared up by the update!

1 Like