8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

removed several off topic post.

2 Likes

I was recommended to EVE by a duo of two fellow people that I have encountered on Twitch: one of them being Neaura Nightsong (who actually recruited me to the game) and the other one being Winter Corvus (who is actually Neaura’s partner). EVE is the only game that they play that can support my Mac properly.

2 Likes

Welcome

Good for them and good for you and your Mac.
Welcome.
I hope you like the game. It’s worth giving it a good shot just for the pretty explosions in space.

Meanwhile in NULL sec

5 Likes

You have missed the point.

I wish there were no rules. That would be pure sandbox.

it’s called “anarchy”, and it’s known not to be fun.
But these golden rules are not mandatory. Feel free to lose blingy stuff in a carefree way.

For Carebears, PvP’ers though love it.

By the way, this is a PvP game.

PvPers don’t like Bots and accordingly ask for rules. Also there’s gate timers etc, these are rules just for PVP.
IRL anarchy is deadly and unpredictable. Believe me, it’s no fun. Most people mean with “no rules” only to get rid of inconvenient rules according to their gameplay - but that’s not how it works.

PvP’ers don’t ask for rules, they set them.

The rules that you must obey are contained within the New Halaima Code of Conduct, written by the Supreme Protector of Halaima and Saviour of Highsec, @Aiko_Danuja herself.

2 Likes

Be able to afford a loss
Never fly something (or with something in the cargo) you can’t afford to lose. Yes, not even in highsec. Meaning that you should not fly a ship you cannot afford to replace and refit.

I think it’s written wrong eg if I buy a titan or a super I won’t wait in the station with it until I have enough money to buy it again it should rather be written be mentally prepared to lose your ship when you undock with it.

Oh but you do, just get your credit card out again.

1 Like

It’s not “blingy” if you’re not poor. Have you thought about not being space poor?

Golly, this isn’t real life?!

le gasp!

I’ve been lied to!

1 Like

There should really be a 9th Golden Rule:
• You will have at least one (1) forum thread locked. This is considered an EVE right of passage.

But the thing is … I DON’T

So what do you get when you have a mod thread named after you? :slight_smile:

I’m only at a quarter of the thread reading but I will attempt a conclusion.
If by simply logging in and/or undocking I agree to PvP then this game is strictly a PvP game ( ? )
If the PvE is overshadowed by PvP then it might as well not exist in the game.
Or, it can be PvE in spite of the PvP or because of the PvP ( ? )
I must admit it’s very confusing given what the PvP-PvE propositions are in most other games.

I will take this thread as telling me that the game is PvP first then whatever else second or third.

o7

Correct

As a comparison, think of PvE in EVE as questing in a WoW PvP zone. You gonna get ganked and teabagged by Stabby the rogue.

CCP needs to implement serious consequences for anyone that breaks these rules.