A Call to Arms

Maybe you want to read what the admiral said, before continuing your complaints:

If you had listened, you’d have heard the call to arms. You’d have heard that Republic forces are fighting.

You are not fight in anyone’s stead, Ferra Orta. You are doing your part in a war that goes much further than this one conflict, is bound by agreements older than this militia blockade now in effect. As others are doing theirs.

6 Likes

Here’s to hoping the newly opened, fully Minmatar-controlled supply line from Floseswin to our high-security will be of help.

(No, @Kar_kharadon , it wasn’t us this time either. I was there but it wasn’t us.)

2 Likes

Yes, yes, “if I had listened” yes, I missed that response from Republic Command. Pod me.

Would altogether rather not, though.

1 Like

Not a criticism, but a sincere question as it will determine how I go about my own interests: Is your word to the Amarr regarding this treaty more of a priority than your word to the Matari?

1 Like

I haven’t broken my word to the Matari people, I have only every promised vengeance. Soon this will be over but hopefully other members of the Minmatar Militia can take one system.?

1 Like

Soon this will be over but hopefully other members of the Minmatar Militia can take one system.?

Ushra’Khan certainly can’t prevent other Minmatar Militia members from taking the systems they promised to hand over to the Amarr so that seems plausible.

I find the assumption I keep seeing that the Empires are relying on the gate networks for their logistics somewhat suspect.

4 Likes

Do you think the empires are made of isotopes? While they certainly have jump drives and bridges just as we do, certainly gate networks help.

I find the assumption that the empires are not primarily using the single most fuel-efficient system available—stargates—for the bulk of their logistics to be at least as suspect.

Yes, jump drives and titan bridges work. They can provide an immense amount of flexibility, and they can circumvent normal travel limitations. They’re also far more fuel-intensive. Scaling up to the levels of use that the empires and their navies see means an incredible amount of additional logistics just to keep the logistics network itself functioning. Just moving a single Rhea-class JF—the most efficient option for moving goods back and forth via jump drive—means burning 5500 isotopes per 373,000m3 to go from Hek to Floseswin. That’s 3.4M ISK, not counting the Ozone being used for the cyno. Moving a Fenrir that distance through an Ansiblex (which is functionally indistinguishable from a standard Stargate, but we actually have the hard #s for fuel use there) takes 6716.6 Liquid Ozone. That costs 1.6M ISK. For four times that volume of cargo.

Four times the volume moved. Half the cost. Or, to turn that around, 1/8th the ISK/m3, or better, of literally any other option.

Are the empires limited to stargates? Of course not. But anyone who thinks the empires don’t heavily rely on them is just crazy.

My point is less that Empires are not using Stargates and more that there is no reason we should be assuming that the stargates overseen by CONCORD that capsuleers are allowed to use are the only stargates that the Empire Naval forces have access to.

I have always understood that a great deal of the point of complex warfare was destabilizing the system infrastructure, which in turn controls access to things like the Imperial versions of an Ansiblex.

4 Likes

Take that up with the Sarum rep who would consider a corridor to Bleaks to be of importance.

Personally don’t give a ■■■■ about the technicalities of why he wants it. If it facilitates your ■■■■ in Floseswin, he ain’t having it as long as we can help.

3 Likes

I’m quite curious about that statement to the news myself.

I cannot imagine that Sarum planners are so ignorant of the Warzone economic situation that they would possibly be expecting the few Amarr actual loyalists to hold more than a handful of systems at this point in the cycle.

And as Admiral Filmir did point out, there are clear negative effects for Amarr of losing control of systems in republic space that they recently controlled. Certainly, it means that Sarum’s reclaiming will stay far more limited than it might have otherwise.

Far more worrying is the continuing effects of Matari Sov in Amarr space. Protecting the Floseswin expedition is coming at a clear cost of increased terrorist action against Amarr populations in the warzone.

5 Likes

You keep assuming that anyone else cares to mop up a mess made solely (on the Matari side) by Ushra’Khan.

Though I suppose when your declared ambition is to free our kin from slavery, not taking preemptive steps to keep them out of slavery in the first place is a neat little loophole.

For the record, Pol, this sort of stuff is what I am talking about in the evemail.

Should it come to pass that labor force acquisition is no longer possible on Floseswin IV due to supply line constraints, then we must pursue the Reclaiming by other means. With our orbital supremacy, let us turn the surface of Floseswin IV into a sheet of glass; let the tribal drums, the tattoo rites, and all the manifestations of Minmatar culture be as if they never were and instead let there prevail only a sacred silence. Greed for labor force acquisition must not supersede our higher calling: no more shall Floseswin IV profane a holy and righteous God.

We do care.

1 Like

I see no mess, I see the Amarr on their knees needing support from non-capsuleer forces, Sarums so called “reclaiming” only helps our cause. As we speak the people on Floseswin are being assisted by none treaty forces such as Electus Matari, Ushra’Khan are taking and defending non-treaty systems which is no easy task in itself. When is is over if the Militia forces have not taken Floseswin we will join them and help finish the job.

As for the loophole? that role does not belong to Ushra’Khan it belongs to the Republic who are to blame for Floseswin and any reclaiming in Minmatar space! cowards

1 Like

Ok, that’s it.

If Republic forces came to Starkman a system we currently control and started freeing slaves? Oh theres an idea? How would the Amarr, Sarum react? They would!

But our Republic points at capsuleers…

1 Like