A Call to Arms

No, Pol. The Empire also points to its indie capsuleers to do these things - to hold Flos, to take Arzad. That’s because that’s how these things work in the CEMWPA madness.

As to U’K doing their thing and letting others do theirs - no. The first attempt to liberate Eszur last night stood down because Ushra’Khan requested it. I would have pressed on but enough of our DPS heeded your call that we could not. I am glad another effort later was more succesful, but if it was up to your alliance, Eszur would still be in darkness.

The only reason your people are not asking us do the same to Floseswin is that without the commitment to it by eg you, we cannot break the sustained, focused defense by Amarr loyalists, so the question does not arise. That serves you well, so you can pretend you care. Cowards.

10 Likes

The Militia and EM are free to do what they want, As are Ushra’Khan… If you need our assistance which does not break the words on the Treaty we will and have been there. All pressure from Sarum, The Republic, Capsuleers both Minmatar and Amarrian to break our word are wasted.

This is your line and brother, dear, I do believe that you mean it when you say it. I even believe the majority in U’K honestly believes this to be the case. You are good people.

Sadly, it is not the stance of your alliance as a whole. They interfered last night. While I doubt they’d have used gunboats had the fleet just told them where to stick it, it was still individuals clearly using your name and your influence to stop us from our job.

1 Like

This is something that can be addressed. I will talk to the council about Ushra’Khan members holding the treaty but no longer using their influence in the warzone to stop non UK Militia members from fighting freely for which ever systems the choose.

3 Likes

Ushra’Khan’s position on this is meaningless. The entire theater must be purged of Amarr military forces long enough to relocate all ethnic Minmatar. Then, perhaps, the occupied territory can be returned to the Empire, if they will commit to releasing our captive people.

1 Like

Thank you.

Ushra’Khan’s lacking presence in the treaty systems were one thing. Eszur is another. At this point, I think it’s clear that some of Ushra’Khan’s brass are more interested in stagnating gains in the warzone than freeing slaves, killing Amarr, or defending Republic territory, and that’s an optimal view of it. In addition, it gives men like Kril Efrit a platform and a megaphone.

There’s a lot of talk of unity out here, but I’ve been given few reasons to believe in it. As an outsider, it’s not my place to speak on how the Matari delegate this affair. On the other hand, I’m also under no obligation to support them, either. I care little for nebulous oaths and grow impatient as these final weeks wind to a close. I wait with bated breath until the turn of the year when warfighters remember what they’re fighting for. I’m disinterested in fighting for people who won’t fight for themselves.

… but more than that I wonder if I owe the sentiment some reciprocity.

There are many Matari that share a similar view, Nomistrav. Outsider or no, you are my brother and Ill have words with any Matari that challenges your rights to tender your opinions on how “we” handle this affair.

Apparently we havent figured it out yet either.

Ive made repeated calls for diplomacy, only to be laughed at, ridiculed, and warned of being a collaborator. Yes, those who would denounce my efforts came up with this pile of…whatever it was that was called a treaty. I myself will remember this the next time Im told “I dont know what im doing”…for I am certain I could not craft a worse thing if I tried.

So we turn to the sword…and it seems as I was informed earlier…there not enough of us to draw those swords.

I dont know what the answer is…but I know what it isnt.

Im no great warrior Nomi, but youll find me ready to fly along with you should the reciprocity be your decision.

2 Likes

All anyone needs to understand of Ushra’Khan is contained herein.

They don’t want an end to the reclaiming, they don’t want their people safe. They want an excuse to continue fighting and they believe the reclaiming therefore helps their cause.

5 Likes

I think that’s a bit of a misinterpretation.

3 Likes

Ah, there goes your ‘fabrication’.

The problem with signing a treaty, is that if you break it, people will be more reluctant to sign treaties with you in future.

Which puts Ushra’Khan into an awkward spot.

Of course, the Amarr are somewhat expert at adhering to the letter if not the spirit of an agreement - see the suspiciously capable “police” ships of the Sarum fleet prior to the Empress negating the Heideran Decree. So a lot of criticism of Ushra’Khan could be deflected with the simple “No u”.

And as capsuleers, reputation is quite important.

So we’ll see how this treaty thing works out.

If you deal with those who drop their treaties as they have, you have no risk of losing honor. They should not have made this treaty but at this point this treaty is a farce. There is no shame in leaving an unreciprocated agreement.

2 Likes

At this point is it pretty clear the Amarr treaty partners are not holding to their obligations. Treaty systems are being recaptured; at the moment only three of them remain in Amarr control: Dal, Orfrold, and Floseswin. Dal is almost vulnerable. In practice no opposition has been put to taking them by the Amarr side of the treaty.

There is no reason of honor that I can see for Ushra’Khan to stick to their side when those they made the agreement with do not to theirs. I understand that they wish to, but at this point it is more pride than honor. The treaty is gone.

4 Likes

It was Amarr treaty members who have unfortunately not broken their word on this treasonous treaty yet that were decisive in helping U’K take the systems on the Amarr side of the border.

If U’K were truly living up to the spirit of the deal they signed with A.Venge, they would actively be helping hold the systems they ceded on the Matari side the way A.Venge helped them on the Amarr one. I cannot blame them for not doing this, though.

8 Likes

It is your way right up until you lose an Astrahus and 7 dreadnoughts. Then suddenly it is no longer your way. Funny that.

1 Like

The decision was made before the Beachhead and crew were made martyrs. The liberation of Floseswin is well under way. The horn has been sounded, that is what matters. Death to the reclaimers and all who support the Lord Sarum!

1 Like

You think it was reaction loosing a Astrahaus to Sarum ships and pirates, in your dreams laddie.

1 Like

Can confirm.

2 Likes

I wonder how mad the “boss” would be if I took a vacation back down to the war zone. It’s been awhile since I played with the loyalists.

2 Likes