A CODE. thread

I started playing Eve a couple/few years ago and go to the point that I could barely use a mining barge. A demanding job (look up “job” if you are confused) and a family with three kids kept me very busy. Our youngest was having some particular issues that demanded more attention than a dumb ass game.

After one too many interactions with the more toxic ASSHAT wearing members of the Eve Community, I said hell with it and closed up shop.

I’ve had a good life overall. Decent job, happily married for over 30 years. Three kids. The oldest is married, finishing his masters in Engineering, while making good money (not ISK, in real life). His wife is working on her doctorate. The middle son is proudly serving in the US Marine Corp.

Our youngest son was always troubled. No matter what we did. The legal fees almost destroyed us.

Recently we had several blows. My mother passed after complications from surgery.
My father-in-law passed away after a long bout with cancer. Our youngest son was killed.

To top it all off, my beautiful yellow lab that I raised from a tiny pup to the age of 14, who followed me around and gave so much comfort during the last few events died suddenly of liver failure.

A few weeks ago, our house was flooded.

Sometimes life sucks right. All you can do is work through it.

I thought I might get some distraction, so I thought I would fire up the Eve account and see how things go.

This character may have been born in 2013, but he really hasn’t been played much and only has 4,928,882 skill points. I don’t think that makes him a high level toon. And, I’ve not played in years.

I logged in, found myself in Josameto, which I don’t believe is low or null sec space, with the barge. To be honest, I barely remember the character and it took some time over the last could of days to get the hang.

This morning, I took went out in Josameto to do some mining. I’m pretty sure that 0.6 does not qualify as low or null sec. My wife came home from getting groceries and asked me a question. I turned around in time to see the barge blow up and my avatar get podded.

According to Super Perforator, a member (director?) of New Order Logistics, they “own” this sector and I was illegally mining there. I was sent a link to a website talking about miner bumping and some bull ■■■■ about a code. Reading the website and with the little I know about Eve, it sounds like an excuse by tiny little people that can’t cut it in the real Eve end game to pretend that they are participating in end game by ganking those that cant’ fight back.

If he had come after me in low or null sec as part of some territory dispute or war, I would have congratulated him. For an asshat to backstab/gank someone that had no warning and no knowledge of this code or his pathetic claim of ownership just show how low some people in this community in Eve can be. There is no honor or fame to be garnered by killing the defenseless.

I believe that there are people that coordinate and compete and actually make endgame. I understood that this is what low and null sec are about.

Unfortunately, CCP is too complacent to do anything about these people and the REAL PVP people are too busy in null sec to worry about the true bottom feeders that gank those that can’t/don’t fight back.

This entire “Code” thing is a load of crap.

3 Likes