A CODE. thread

You’re 100% wrong. Try harder.

Well I was wondering what would happen if another person did a duel with the freighter, I was intending to check it out on the test server.

Dom, saying it is so does not make it so…

I am fully aware of miners who just fit for yield and don’t give a damn about losing those ships so you need to think again on your victory conditions.

Also Dom you believe that AG is omnipresent, while you are comparing every freighter killed I am comparing the events that I was involved in, it is most definitely not the same thing.

I will give you a freebie… that doesn’t you rights to legally aggress the other duelist. All that does is give you legal aggression to the freighter.

It’s all laid out in Crimewatch 2.0.

2 Likes

so you were there 10 times? XD

It really does

Well I was intending to test it at some point, it is a limited engagement after all.

And it is not as simply laid out in crime watch 2.0 because they make no mention of duels in there and they only talk about duels as its own unique thing, I have seen a number of exploits used on this with people duelling someone and ending up fighting multiple people and duelling has had updates. It is on my list to check it out, I might ask some AG contacts to look into it, I am rather busy testing my FAX fit on the test server.

I don’t know why the other guys not actually help you.

Limited Engagement timers are (way too short) five minute timers only happening when someone accepts a duel, or when an engaged pilot fights back. Please correct me, if I missed one.

The timer works this way to close some possible loopholes. It’s necessary to have the timer engage only when actual consent is happening. That either means “accepting the duel” or “shooting back”.

If you were a witness of a possible exploit, then hopefully you’ve reported it. If you did (as you should!), then the exploit would be likely closed by now. I doubt that there is an exploit, though, because it would have been heavily exploited by now.

It’s very likely that he was a victim of social engineering.

Actual real life video game example:

Once upon a time there was a guy claiming to be a new player. His primary interest lied in scanning down mission runners, trying to get them to engage him and his ten day old character. To make up for the low amount of skills, he used a logi alt, which just like him was a fresh character.

On his 13th day he came across a system with suspect hunters. In short: they check for suspects and seek them out, finding them in missions. He sat in a passive fitted tengu. It was a bad idea and yet made sense at the same time.

At this point the protagonist made a few friends, who love to support new players in any and all shenanigans. To cut a too long story short, eventually he caught the tengu. The logi alt kept him alive while he slowly chew through the tengu’s shields.

At some point his friends arrived on site to support him, by bringing him ammunition and cap boosters for the alt. Chewing through a passively fitted tengu takes quite a while when you’re young, and the tengu didn’t seem to run short on missiles.

And now: the point! :grin:

What happened was that they’ve contacted the tengu pilot and told him that, in order to help him without triggering CONCORD, he’d have to accept a duel invitation. That way, they’ve claimed, it’d turn into a group-fight, and they’d be able to blast the evil pretend-new player out of space. He knew better, though.

The tengu exploded into pieces, ruining that pilot’s killboard forever. He lost it to a 13 days old player.

The moral of the story: skillpoints don’t :point_right::ok_hand: matter.

Thanks for your time; I’ll go back to work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only thing I can think of is a duel happened where only 2 people were fighting with a limited engagement timer. Some guys went suspect and drew limited engagement timers with one or both sides at the tail end of his suspect timer. So dudes went suspect and one side shot at him at the end of his timer. Suspect dude swapped to a combat ship and came back to murder the other with a 5 minute limited engagement timer.

It’s simple baiting really and is covered by crimewatch 2.0.

1 Like

@Dracvlad has convinced me. I think it’s time to put an alt in Code. Should be fun. I imagine coms will be either a hilariously good time or AIDS. Regardless, I would like to experience more gameplay styles.

I started playing Eve a couple/few years ago and go to the point that I could barely use a mining barge. A demanding job (look up “job” if you are confused) and a family with three kids kept me very busy. Our youngest was having some particular issues that demanded more attention than a dumb ass game.

After one too many interactions with the more toxic ASSHAT wearing members of the Eve Community, I said hell with it and closed up shop.

I’ve had a good life overall. Decent job, happily married for over 30 years. Three kids. The oldest is married, finishing his masters in Engineering, while making good money (not ISK, in real life). His wife is working on her doctorate. The middle son is proudly serving in the US Marine Corp.

Our youngest son was always troubled. No matter what we did. The legal fees almost destroyed us.

Recently we had several blows. My mother passed after complications from surgery.
My father-in-law passed away after a long bout with cancer. Our youngest son was killed.

To top it all off, my beautiful yellow lab that I raised from a tiny pup to the age of 14, who followed me around and gave so much comfort during the last few events died suddenly of liver failure.

A few weeks ago, our house was flooded.

Sometimes life sucks right. All you can do is work through it.

I thought I might get some distraction, so I thought I would fire up the Eve account and see how things go.

This character may have been born in 2013, but he really hasn’t been played much and only has 4,928,882 skill points. I don’t think that makes him a high level toon. And, I’ve not played in years.

I logged in, found myself in Josameto, which I don’t believe is low or null sec space, with the barge. To be honest, I barely remember the character and it took some time over the last could of days to get the hang.

This morning, I took went out in Josameto to do some mining. I’m pretty sure that 0.6 does not qualify as low or null sec. My wife came home from getting groceries and asked me a question. I turned around in time to see the barge blow up and my avatar get podded.

According to Super Perforator, a member (director?) of New Order Logistics, they “own” this sector and I was illegally mining there. I was sent a link to a website talking about miner bumping and some bull ■■■■ about a code. Reading the website and with the little I know about Eve, it sounds like an excuse by tiny little people that can’t cut it in the real Eve end game to pretend that they are participating in end game by ganking those that cant’ fight back.

If he had come after me in low or null sec as part of some territory dispute or war, I would have congratulated him. For an asshat to backstab/gank someone that had no warning and no knowledge of this code or his pathetic claim of ownership just show how low some people in this community in Eve can be. There is no honor or fame to be garnered by killing the defenseless.

I believe that there are people that coordinate and compete and actually make endgame. I understood that this is what low and null sec are about.

Unfortunately, CCP is too complacent to do anything about these people and the REAL PVP people are too busy in null sec to worry about the true bottom feeders that gank those that can’t/don’t fight back.

This entire “Code” thing is a load of crap.

3 Likes

Quick note:
In the interest of accuracy, it was Otela. I guess that was where I “woke” up and then my “clone” woke up in Josameto. Again, nothing like sneaking up on a newb to show your epeen, tiny as it may be.

AssHat is below. The Code as implemented is crap.

Your recent loss in Otela
Sent: 2017.08.19 14:35
To: Istefan Orti,

Otela is in High Sec, which is territory of the New Order:

www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html // Новый Кодекс Халаимы

Because of your lack of valid permit:
Kill: Istefan Orti (Retriever) Kill: Istefan Orti (Capsule)

And to add to our “illegal miner” collection:
Istefan Orti’s Frozen Corpse

Please be reminded for the future that mining in New Order space can be done by obtaining a permit for 10 million ISK, good for one year, and observing the provisions of The New Halaima Code of Conduct. We are policing the adherence to the code, and not just looking for juicy kills!

Praise James!

Super Perforator

You need to buy a permit.
Praise James! o7

4 Likes

Sometimes life can suck. Sorry all the hard knocks lately.

The truth is that eve is a harsh game at time with lots of depth. CCP has created a place where you’re able to “be the villain” where most other MMOs would discourage this or straight up not allow it.

So again, sorry you’ve had a rough time with some real life stuff but eve is eve.

3 Likes

Then you should admit/embrace that you are an AssHat and not try to pretend to be otherwise.

You need to try playing the end game instead of griefing newbs and pretending that it’s content.
Coward.

1 Like

I’m very sorry to hear about all the struggles you’ve had to go through. I’m sure, our fellow forum readers will join me in giving our prayers and best wishes to you and your family.

What is absolutely necessary to be mentioned, though, is that I have known Agent Super Perforator for several years now, and I can say with full confidence that he is nothing less than a loving husband and a caring parent just like yourself. And he ganks miners to provide himself with some fun amidst his daily chores, of which, I am sure, he has plenty. It isn’t as time-consuming as you might think, so, contrary to what you’re claiming, not only is enforcement of the Code not detrimental to any individual’s real-life success, but actually is beneficial to it (did I forget to mention that Super’s lovely spouse also shares his passion for the noble craft of bump and gank?).

In EVE, killling is just the means of communication. I suggest that you shouldn’t worry about your loss in game too much. Rephrasing a well-known saying, what happens in the game stays in the game, you haven’t got any better or worse off from getting ganked, just as your virtual assailant hasn’t got any better or worse off from ganking you.

Any game is about winning or losing - that’s the point of any game. If you find your odds stacked against you, you could try to move on to nullsec or wormholes or stand your ground and adapt - by following he Code.

And before you ask, it isn’t physically possible to adapt in highsec without following the Code, for the Code is more a law of nature than a subjective set of rules. In highsec, you live by the Code and die by the Code.

5 Likes

Illegal mining is illegal.
Praise James o7

1 Like

That’s the beauty of the sandbox. If I want to play this game and mine in highsec in a Venture until the end of time then that’s perfectly fine. You can’t define what my endgame should be.

As you know Agent Super Perforator , I’m not surprised that you’d defend him.

“And he ganks miners to provide himself with some fun amidst his daily chores”

No notice, no warning.
No honor, no guts, no glory.
Just stroking his epeen while attacking the defenseless. Big man.
There is no sport in that.

Had I been approached or talked to first, that might have been a different situation. It would also have spoken well of the community.

That’s the problem with internet communities and Eve in particular. No knowledge and no care about the human that might be on the other keyboard. It’s the ultimate selfish indulgence.

Apparently I came to the wrong game for a distraction. Not sure how long I’m going to last. Working with law enforcement in the past, I’m extremely aware that things aren’t always fair, but I don’t agree with wallowing in it.

" it isn’t physically possible to adapt in highsec without following the Code"

You must get a cut of the money.

1 Like

I don’t personally know this Agent, but I support what he does.

Eve isn’t for everyone and I would be foolish to say otherwise. If Eve isn’t the escape you’re looking for, then I hope you find it. Destiny 2 is coming out soon… maybe you can find immersion there.