A CODE. thread

“The time for warnings is over” - James 315, a couple of years ago.

Your illegal equipment was confiscated. If you continue to flaunt the law then it will probably get confiscated again.

2 Likes

You are correct in that it is a bit over the top. I’m angry.

Point being that both perpetrators prefer defenseless victims as opposed to those that fight back.

I can’t respect that.

Flying an illegal mining ship and choosing to be defenceless are both clear violations of The New Halaima Code of Conduct.
You need to buy a permit.

Praise James! o7

3 Likes

Look friend. If you try to make a point that the community is toxic, it is then probably not wise to compare the very people who showed you their sincere condolence for you tragic RL situation to paedophiles just because you lost a pixel spaceship in a video game.

I also find it very distasteful that you would use those tragic event as a means to come back at people you have a problem with in a video game just to make them look bad. In fact those events have nothing at all to do with the game you are playing.

This game is a full PvP sandbox and you consent to PvP when you undock. There are a gazillion ways how you can protect yourself in Highsec and make you a lot harder to kill. You only have to ask and people will help you.

Also why would you chose to fly a defenceless ship to steal our ore without permit? I mean you kinda started the fight when you stole the ore. Agent Super Perforator was merely protecting our property.

9 Likes

No. Just no.

My point in regard to the RL events is to provide context. The last year has been a horror. There are real people on the other side of the keyboard. I made the mistake of thinking I could find some distraction in a game.

I was killed because I had not paid a protection fee. No warning, no nothing. Also, keep in mind that what is inexpensive for you might not be inexpensive for a newb in high sec.

The fact is that you’re running an in-game extortion ring, and CCP is looking the other way because they have no real content. Aside from killing bots (which I do agree with), you serve no real purpose.

It is not your ore. Try to justify it any way that you want, there is no high ground.
You simply bully others for it.

You will not convince me otherwise.

BTW, I really don’t care about the ship.
It was the action by Super.

Perhaps you could participate in the sandbox and find some way to get revenge?

3 Likes

We simply play the game. This is all part of the game and people can pretend to be whatever they like in the game. This is an RPG after all and playing the pirate, villain or extortionist is not only possible and completely ok, but even encouraged.

You know what’s not ok? Comparing people to paedophiles just because you can’t handle stuff that happens in a computer game.

If what you are looking for is a distraction from RL and you are not into PvP, then maybe don’t play a PvP game. If you go to the COD forums and cry because people shoot at you and you only want to “chill out”, run around and collect weapons in piece, that would be equally silly.

3 Likes

I might decide this is simply not worth the frustration.
If I do stay, revenge could definitely be on the table.

I believe that I already stated that the pedophile comment was over the top.
Please move on.

I’ve never played for long, and I have not played in a long time, but I did play when the game first started, including very late beta. I’ve always been attracted to EvE, but my RL time has always been somewhat limited due to work and family constraints.

I believe that there was a time that the security states actually meant something. I think that was by design.

BTW, I’m not really worried about the ship or the cash. Now that EvE has become sort of pay to win, it’s not as big a deal as it used to be. If I really needed to, I could simply buy some PLEX. Instant ISK, instant ships and (apparently) instant skill points. I would have to just spend the time to learn to play the more powerful character. I don’t typically do that, since I prefer to learn and grow with the toon.

So, it’s not the ship, and it’s not the cash.
What I do find distasteful is the idea that “ganking” is ok and that extortion in high sec against newb toons is ok.

Since we are using the internet:
Ganking:
(in a video game) use underhand means to defeat or kill (a less experienced opponent).

Even that MIGHT be ok if it weren’t for the Sieg Heil manifesto on the miner butt bumping website. If you’re a Butt Face, be a proud Butt Face. Don’t try to make it smell good.
BTW, if you are tied up in this CODE thing and they offer you Coolaid, just say no. You will thank me later.

It appears to me that someone couldn’t hack it in the real PVP, yet wanted to feel superior.
Hence the New Order was formed. Ganking newbs for kicks and a feeling of “teaching” and feeling superior. Not a hit against anyone in particular, but in general it seems pretty damn weak to me. “James” is a freaking comedian.

If the New Order was hunting BOTS and generally trying to keep some sort of civility in high sec, I’d be able to respect it. If the New Order was greeting newbs and running flights and actually teaching, nothing but respect.

Ganking those that cannot fight back is beneath contempt. That’s my opinion and I don’t expect you to agree. It may be a game, but people often will do things in games that they wish they could do in real life. I don’t personally know those involved and I could be wrong, but actions often tell. Telling me that someone “ganks miners to provide himself with some fun amidst his daily chores” doesn’t really impress.
I find it sad that people have to meet this person in this way as part of their introduction to any community.

I’ve paid the extortion. Aside from paying the blood price, I don’t see a huge gap between what you call a code and my own way of doing things. Where we differ is that I would enforce this someplace where they can fight back. Attacking the defenseless just shows how weak you really are deep down. Also the mechanism (exploit?) needed to kill another ship in high sec seems very underhanded also. It’s not like they have a good chance to fight back.

If you love to fight so bad, why not go fight someone that can fight back? Bet you wont.
Again, actions tell the tale.

Prove me wrong. Try “teaching” or “owning” in a region that the devs designed for full on PVP.
You won’t, because peeps there fight back and most of the CODE followers (not all) will get their heads handed to them. It’s easy to feel tuff when you’re fighting “miners” or “carebears”.
They are not prepared to fight back.

PVP fighting and ganking are not one and the same thing. There is a difference. One is where the strong and organized take on others that can fight back to control territory or some sort of resource.
The other is where the weak prey on the weaker so that they can feel better about their place in the scheme of things. They can only hope that CCP never places something in high sec to make it worthwhile for the true PVP players to pay attention.

If you find my speech insulting I apologize. There may be some truly wonderful people here. However, I normally tie actions to a person’s character. Super’s actions in game (imo) were beneath contempt. I’m sure that it was nothing personal on Super’s part, since I’m the same as an NCP to him or her when in game.

If you decide to gank me because of my speech, you’ll just be proving my point for me.

1 Like

Newbro?

Istefan Orti: born 15 June 2013

Put CODE. on contacts with terrible standings, check zkillboard to find any other (non CODE.) gankers that operate where you want to mine and put them the same.

Then make sure you keep local chat visible at all times and make sure your ship is tanked.

As soon as someone red jumps into system, safe up.

Your loss is your own responsibility and they aren’t asshats for playing the game the way it is designed. You could have totally avoided being ganked.

2 Likes

If you decide to gank me because of my speech, you’ll just be proving my point for me.

I don’t think anyone will decide to gank you because of your words. Criminal miners say a lot of stuff…
You did fill up about 1/3rd of a miner bingo card.

I think people will gank you because you are not complying with The New Halaima Code of Conduct.
Feel free to get out of our territory if you do not want to be a part of it.

Praise James! o7

2 Likes

I would think that only 4,928,882 skill points and being away from the game for the last several years means alot more than when born, wouldn’t you?

I could have created the toon day one of the game going live, logged that toon off and never played again until this week. You’d see a (14 year?) old birthdate and it would mean nothing.

Put CODE. on contacts with terrible standings, check zkillboard to find any other (non CODE.) gankers that operate where you want to mine and put them the same.

Then make sure you keep local chat visible at all times and make sure your ship is tanked.

As soon as someone red jumps into system, safe up.

Your loss is your own responsibility and they aren’t asshats for playing the game the way it is designed. You could have totally avoided being ganked.

Thank you. I’m learning that.

Here’s the thing. If I can find/learn a way to defend against low life suicide gankers (as opposed to gankers) aside from running, I will probably stay. Making life miserable for gankers might be fun play.

However, the suicide ganker (with no way to counter) is a badly broken game mechanic/exploit in my opinion.

If I’m AFK mining and you kill me, bad on me.
If I’m not mining AFK and you come after me and I have a way to fight/counter you? All good PVE fun. To the victor go the spoils.

If I have to stop what I’m doing and move/run every five minutes because there is no other way to defend against a suicide ganker and some pansy wants to grief me? That’s only fun for the griefer. It’s not play. It’s not really RP. Its’ just griefing.

As for role play, what captain would suicide gank his ship and crew without extremely dire circumstances?

How is a ganker, or any other pvper to know your SP or how often you play the game?

You accused them of hunting a newb, yet the only information easily available indicates anything but a newb.

2013 born is not a newb.

2 Likes

You may be a great person in RL, but your persistent RP of a mindless goon makes me doubt that.
You suicide ganked. Didn’t even have the testicles to straight up fight.

I’m newly returning, not aware, but starting to learn. If I can find a way to play and counter suicide gankers, I may stay. I don’t have an issue with real fights, if there is at least SOME hope of competing and winning. Suicide ganking is NOT PVP. It’s just griefing.

I think a lot can be learned about you from this thread:

Who didn’t fight in that engagement?

I don’t disagree.
That’s a problem with game mechanics.
IMO, since EvE doesn’t care about “levels”, it should show skill points along side born.
Born is really meaningless. This tells me that they really don’t want old players to come back unless they re-roll.

Also, the method used to kill is a major issue to me as I learn more about this.
Shooting fish in a barrel is not fishing. Suicide ganking is not PVP.

IF suicide ganking is the only way that they can initiate “PVP” in high sec, then that tells me that the Devs never intended for PVP to take place in high sec. And yes, I know that they go out of their way to look the other way.

If it’s not the only way, then I have to wonder why Super chose the lower route.

Super.

He suicide ganked. How is that a fight? Is there a way to defend against a suicide gank aside from running? If so, I’ve not learned that yet.

This has been bought up several times in the past and while I’d agree that many players do act like NPCs, they are still players.

Player versus player doesn’t require both players to be actively involved. It works just the same when it’s one player against another (even if that other is acting like an NPC).

2 Likes

If you want to learn how to combat or counter gankers, then learn how to do so. There are ways… learning and applying is up to you.

1 Like