A CODE. thread

I’m afraid I don’t take your point. I’m trying to.

If there is 0 counter to something, it’s not a fight. The fact that someone choose that says volumes.

Again:
If I can find/learn a way to defend against low life suicide gankers (as opposed to gankers) aside from running, I will probably stay. Making life miserable for gankers might be fun play.

However, the suicide ganker (with no way to counter) is a badly broken game mechanic/exploit in my opinion.

I* f I’m AFK mining and you kill me, bad on me.

• If I’m not mining AFK and you come after me and I have a way to fight/counter you? All good PVP fun. To the victor go the spoils.

• If I have to stop what I’m doing and move/run every five minutes because there is no other way to defend against a suicide ganker and some pansy wants to grief me? That’s only fun for the griefer. It’s not play. It’s not really RP. Its’ just griefing.

I’ve been doing some reading. I’ve found information on how to counter gankers. I need to read/learn more.

If you could post or send me a link or hint on how to FIGHT against a suicide ganker, I’m interested.

I’ve read multiple times that this is a game. I agree.

It’s the suicide gankers that are the issue for me. If they can out run me, I have no chance. If they intend to blow up in order to kill me, I have no chance.

Please tell me where the game play is for anyone but the griefer in the above scenario?

But there totally is a way to defend yourself. There are multiple ways, beginning with not making yourself a target in the first place.

If you are flying T1 then fly a tanked procurer. If T2, then a tanked skiff.

That alone will reduce (but not completely eliminate) the chance of being ganked.

Watch local and you don’t have to run, just not be in their optimal. If they jump in and you align, you could well be in falloff by the time they actually land. Fit an afterburner. Then you can hit them with drones when they do attack.

You can mine in a fleet, to increase the offence capability of the miners.

You can use alts to rep, jam or just kill gankers.

Learn to overheat and fit invuls or hardners.

Fit a damage control as part of your tank.

Etc, etc., etc.

There are plenty of people in this game that have never been ganked. It’s not because they are just lucky. It’s more because they are prepared.

2 Likes

Without a permit and 100% compliance with the New Halaima Code of Conduct, you are not ever safe in our territory. It is a big galaxy. Why not go somewhere else?

Alternatively buy yourself a permit (only 10 Million ISK), comply with the New Halaima Code of Conduct, and enjoy what Highsec has to offer.

Of course if you’d rather lose another mining barge with stupidly expensive modules, you know where to find us.

Praise James! o7

2 Likes

To save you the effort:

You are an illegal miner in our territory. Once you understand that, your questions are all answered.

You really need to get yourself a permit soon.

Praise James! o7

1 Like

I particularly liked this post. It seems very relevant based on Super’s dogged adherence to his script.

As EvE is a sandbox, their will be a time in its continuum when an enough mass of a certain type of s&&T reaches a critical point. You see it all over the world right not. Boko Haram, ISIS, Drumpf, CODE etc…etc…
Its nothing peculiar. Simply someone who parasites on others. You simply exterminate them by being adult. As their frail logic is non-applicable on non-participation.
CODE is EvE’s itteration of jihadism.

Whatever you think that The New Halaima Code of Conduct is, is actually not relevant.
The reality is, you either need to buy a permit, or get out of our space.

Praise James! o7

3 Likes

I should have never gotten this involved.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

Too late. That’s the great thing about EVE. The emotional hooks are what really makes a long term commitment.

Some people when they are ganked, run because their emotional response is so negative. Others, like yourself (at least as you’ve expressed it in this thread) are more “■■■■ them…I’m gonna get revenge”.

I hope you do, because that’s a good response. Not giving up. You can hate them for ganking you, but vowing revenge (whether it happens or not) makes you an EVE player.

3 Likes

And yet you placed a bounty on my head. LOL.

You should take that as a compliment. Bounties are pretty much pointless in terms of ISK. The value in them comes from the way some people get pissed at them.

What will now happen though, every time you die, he will receive a notification of your death.

So what you should do, if you have no care at all for killboards, is roll an alt and have it kill you over and over and over and over, ad infinitum.

He’ll get a notification every single time you die and you can flood his notification list.

1 Like

Yes.

Which is actually the point. I use the 315315 bounty to keep track of criminals.

You should never have broken the law in the first place. That is how you got yourself involved.
You need to buy a permit!

Praise James! o7

2 Likes

I have received EVEmail confirmation that the miner involved was actually issued a permit at 20:33 Eve Time.
I have informed him per EVEmail of his responsibilities as a permit holder… updating the Bio, following the New Halaima Code of Conduct.

I guess we will attribute his behaviour and posting since buying his permit to his anger management issues, and hope that when he wakes up today, he will be able to comply with The Code. It would be a shame to have to revoke the permit, after we have all worked so hard.

Praise James! o7

2 Likes

Train for this:

[Skiff, Skiff]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

Medium Shield Extender II
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Kinetic Deflection Field II

Strip Miner I
Strip Miner I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hobgoblin II x5
Vespa EC-600 x5

But get into this before hand while training up:

[Procurer, Simulated Procurer]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Damage Control II

Medium Shield Extender II
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II

Strip Miner I
Strip Miner I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Also move out of Caldari space (not into Sing Larson as they hang there a lot too) I went to Kador and only ever saw the odd loser with three characters who have no hope in hell of ganking any of the above fits.

Then if you really want to annoy them go for this:

[Orca ]
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II

Mining Foreman Burst I
Shield Command Burst I
Salvager I
Small Tractor Beam II
Large S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster
Prototype Cloaking Device I

Large Transverse Bulkhead II
Large Drone Mining Augmentor II
Large Drone Mining Augmentor II

Medium Shield Maintenance Bot I x5
Hammerhead II x5
Mining Drone II x5
’Augmented’ Mining Drone x5 (Don’t bother with these as the T2 are now using the skills)
Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Mining Laser Optimization Charge x1200

And there is not a thing those special snowflakes can do against you, at this point they will waffle on about you folllowing the CODE as you have a tank, but for me it was always about my choice to be difficult to kill, if some loser wants to pretend he had a victory over your fitting and ship choices then let them wallow in their own deception.

Sorry to hear all that happened to you, and courage mate o7

PS If you pick the right location you can mine in un-tanked ships quite easily as they have very limited cover as they are dying.

PPS They will say that they will be able to bump the Orca , well that means they are not ganking someone so you win.

2 Likes

With those fits and his newly bought permit, he is well on his way to happy times.

Praise James! o7

2 Likes

Like clockwork, praise my ass… :grin:

PS I have a bet that this is actually a CODE player on an alt pretending to be an upset miner, but the advice is generic in any case…

1 Like

Praise James! o7

Ganking is not our only weapon. I will gladly bump that Orca out of range. A mining permit is still required.

But thanks for helping to make Highsec more compliant by accepting that Highsec is not secure and you have to actually tank your ship. You are doing James 315’s work.

4 Likes

the ego trippers in this thread provide more amusement than anything else.

praise sundays, long sleeping and coffee!

4 Likes