A CODE. thread

For future reference, what would be the giveaways that would peg someone like @Istefan_Orti as a CODE. alt?

Maybe we could all learn from this.

Praise James! o7

1 Like

This is the main for me. Everything that Iā€™ve stated in this thread is the unvarnished truth.

Funny thing is that I expect Super and his broā€™s to be the alts. If they were really as dedicated as they RP, they would all use mains, and no alts.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not yet decided to stay. I know EvE wonā€™t live or die by my account, but lose enough paying customers with disposal RL incomes and eventually the lights wlll go out in EvE.

Drac, If I do stay, you are my personal hero of the moment. :ok_hand:

1 Like

This is my main alt.

2 Likes

Paranoia.
Thinking you are somehow ā€œcorrectā€.
Liking my ā€œego tripperā€ post, unaware that youā€™re an ego tripper as proven by your posts.

Nice work there, mate.

Thanks for proving my point.

You guys tag/harras a low skill, returning main, using alts.

This is just a game, but thatā€™s cowardly.

Maybe thatā€™s just the internet for you.

By complaining about these twerps, Iā€™m an ego tripper?

I hope you stay because you sound like the player type we need, you know yourself which is key. I will help you with advice and more if you want.

Excuse me for also suggesting that you may be a ganker alt, they do that a lot in the AG channel and on the forums, so I was covering that possibilityā€¦

The very fact that you use this word to describe them proves that youā€™re ego is deeply into it. You take things personally. You look down onto them and think youā€™re a better person, while actually proving that you arenā€™t. Your words tells a lot more about you compared to what your words tell about those who you throw them at.

Have a nice day, feel free to have the last word as needed, and please stop the tripping.

PS: Considering your exchange with Drac, how you both seem to share the same attitude and how youā€™re both paranoid enough mentioning you believe other people just use alts instead of there being real people, and how it would not be beneath Drac to behave like that ā€¦ well ā€¦ this is hilarious, Iā€™ll surely be watching this thread. :slight_smile:

CCP has proven that high sec ganking aids player retention.

1 Like

Youā€™ve chimed in where not needed and passed judgement.
What does that make of you?

:joy:

I think they need to update the two year old study and give some fresh numbers to prove the assumption.

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Select ALL and look at the trend.

I donā€™t think that.
But I am sure that CCP know what they are doing.

Can you explain that in English, or in a way that makes sense, I have you as an incredibly confused person and that just confirmed it.

Look at the trend.
Trends donā€™t usually lie.

Sure, some of this is age of the game and aging player base.
However: Take a niche game and pander/cater to a niche base.
If you are not able to grow that base, you will only hasten your own (EvEā€™s) demise.

I watched part of that video. It seems to me that the jist of it was that engaging the players socially increased retention. That makes perfect senseā€¦

From a content part, EvE is pretty barren unless you get the players to create content. For many, simply mining and selling is boring. However, if they chose to play that way, I donā€™t agree that griefing them is going to change their view unless they were already of that bent to begin with. Many will simply go play something else or find a way to ignore you.

The fact that you took my ship is annoying and all. Itā€™s the way that you did it and the follow up that flared my anger. The whole gank and harass thing is not going to increase the player base over time. If thatā€™s CCPā€™s strategy, I think the trend shows that it is not being successful.

It is not necessary for you to agree. You simply have to buy a permit and comply with The New Halaima Code of Conduct. Compliance is the start of the path to a worthy Highsec.

They are welcome to.

High Sec belongs to the New Order.

Praise James o7

2 Likes

:sushing_face:

Time for your meds.

:nerd_face:

Miner, you are making no sense. What are you talking about?

They know about the decline. They made this study exactly because carebears like you always claim it is the reason for the decline. They found out there is no connection between people who quit and ganking, but that the group of new players who got ganked are more likely to subscribe.

4 Likes

So you use the word new on one part but omit it in the earlier comment, so obvious, in any case it was a poorly done analysis of trial accounts which people like you draw dishonest inane conclusions from.