A CODE. thread

Really? the last ag I had in system was flying a Loki and a Cynabal to oneshot my Catalysts. Not really low SP ships. Was pretty nice, he even got a few Cats that way and also saved two miners or so in the process. He lost a Loki and two Cynabal though.

But I’m sure in ag that counts as “winning”.

3 Likes

No, I didn’t! My mind was set thinking about having ganks happen all day long. I didn’t mean to imply that you are not doing any freighter-ganks, or other ganks, at all. :slight_smile:

How many of you are there, and what do you use? StealthBombers? :smiley:

Please don’t make the group attribution error. What some think and say is not necessarily representative of the thoughts of the more reasonable, who - often for their own good - stay silent. There’s also the possibility that there are “spies”, keeping the whole group down. I don’t know that, but it’s a possibility. vOv

It’s all a bit weird and I need to think about it.

Well to be blunt even though yu have managed to con a fair few dumb people into webbing them, cough cough, what is left in Eve are more die hard and more aware people. I found CODE miner gankers were ganking people in low cost high yield mining ships that factored in the loss of their ships, it is no big deal to them.

But if you want to think it is because people bother to pay someone 10m that is your issue.

You really havre a thing about AG, you seem a bit salty to throw around insults on people who are so ineffectual in your opinion, lol

The only insult I’ve used is that they participate in a non-fun activity. One that leaves them getting dunked on continuously. Most of them aren’t very good players to begin with, and that’s alright.

Who would have thought that setting up ships to be fast locking to be able to catch and blap Catalysts would leave you vulnerable to being ganked in turn, you see I was never stupid enough to put myself into the position to be ganked, except for the Proteus with links running, I think the gankers all died and took off about 30% of my shield, was very funny, but then again that was not being stupid, more like deliberate…, I was overheating my AB, they were using Thrashers with the correct ammo, however they all fired on me as they landed and I was out of optimal even in their first shot, like I said if they meet someone who knows what they are doing they fail…

You can have a lot of fun, best fun is saving a freighter that then gets away, second to that is forcing them to use multiple fleets, hilarious fun. My best save was an NCDOT. JF that I bumped out of optimal, which was in mid armour when the gankers failed, the ganker Macherial bumped it one more time and it then emergency cynoed out, the JF pilot gave me 1bn ISK for the save.

I just did not have much fun hunting Catalysts, totally a waste of time.

Most ag are on the same level than drac in the way that they openly talk about their disgust of stuff.

Those who keep silent, and that take action ingame are those few I respect (i.e. Jen en Marland, David Yates)
If they’re doing good or bad doesn’t matter to me, because I know they do stuff out of the box (Jen ganks machs that are ungankable and David wardecs CODE. to try and put some pressure.

They don’t care if they fail or succeed, they want to create their own content instead of being leeches that need a host to survive. They are also content, and they don’t complain like some in this thread do (looking at you Mr. I post more than op :wink:) That’s why I respect them more than the rest combined.

They don’t go and cry to CCP for solutions… they are the creators of their own solutions :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I don’t know how you fit your ships, but plenty of ships can both instalock and survive gank catas :joy:

Seems like you’d need a lesson in ship fittings

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Dracvlad about AG not being extremely vile…

http://www.minerbumping.com/2015/10/kills-of-week_11.html?m=1

The first 2 parts of the post were about me. The comment has been deleted (I’m fairly positive I have a screenshot. Will have to check my PC), but some anonymous poster decided it was cute and edgy to threaten my daughter.

Now I’m not ignoring the :poop:slinging from “our side” but most of what you read are petty insults about being bad at the game or a loser. With the exception of one person, I can’t think of a time where gankers spew threats the bleed over from an internet spaceship game, into real life. Happens almost daily coming from AG or random pubbies though.

It’s amazing what you can come back to your computer and read after being gone for 8 hours. Some is amusing, some hilarious, others are just completely crossing the line.

Where is my white knight to defend me or endlessly persecute the comments I’ve received ever since participating in Elite PVP?

1 Like

The more content and the more people get invested, all the better.

So while I hope they keep up that blog, I think even AG would have to concede that writing is a real art form and James absolutely murders them in that regard.

It’s unfortunately not in the same league as minerbumping as far as the quality of writing goes. Would be good if it was.

Ah ha! I knew I had it around here somewhere!

@Dracvlad

Imgur

Oh and like EVE, the real world provides no guarantee of safety either. That said, I hope Agent Faylee Freir’s daughter stays safe :wink:

2 Likes

First of all any insult or threats may well come from CODE players pretending to be AG. All the Ag players I interacted with would never do RL threats, as I said I am not in the US TZ but I never saw it when I was very active in the AG channels. The only people being insulting and the like were gankers and all I would do is talk back to them like normal and send a mail to have them banned from the channel… If you can show me any RL threats from the main AG players like Thomas, or Sarah I would be very surprised, because there is none, zero zilch.

I have a question for you R-O-B-O-C-O-P, what exactly are the options to counter your character who has successfully got a duel with a freighter?

Remember that most AG myself included at the time I was active believed that anyone who accepted a duel with a ganker especially one with a killboard full of such things was dumb and we had very little sympathy that would make us feel like losing ships. I actually went for two such gankers (on one of my alts) to try and save the freighter in the past and failed both times. However in the first attempt the attacker was in structure and warped off to repair but his bumper managed to hold the freighter.

My last act as as a AG was trying to get two characters to a freighter who we had already saved twice previously (so much for 2 out of 400, lol.) who had foolishly accepted a duel, I was going to gank the duelist. I was one jump out when his freighter was blown up.

For Dom .

So talking about victory between gankers and AG, for Dom every gank that occurs without AG being around or one AG orbiting a freighter is a fail for AG, on that basis every freighter that makes it to their destination safely is a victory for AG regardless if they were there or not. If you want to make such ridiculous statements so can I.

What really matters is when AG actually mobilises to help a freighter, from my own personal experience when being involved the success rate for AG was 30%, there was a period when the success rate was higher than that because the tactic of bumping the freighter out of optimal was really successful which is why the gankers switched to SB’s.

So when Dom goes off on AG failing, just look at gankers using SB’s and think why would they use them instead of Catalysts then.

errr, what about bricktanked suicide webbing logofftrap alpha characters? (this is getting out of hand :grin: )
don’t web the freighter. web the bumper. log off, log on a new alpha. repeat until the first timer has worn out.

have a speedy scout in fleet as warp-in.

recycle alphas? no need. have a grave of logged off -5 alpha characters. it’s legal!

1 Like

I was active in AG before Alpha accounts were introduced, so that was not an option then, but it is certainly an option for AG to play with, so far I have two max trained Alpha characters. But the gankers do not just do their stuff in Niarja and Uedama and us AG players do not go to the lengths to have multiple computers with different IP addresses. I might give it a go within the EULA so one Alpha account active only at some point just for lol’s.

One issue is that T1 ships available to Alphas do not have any bonuses for webs…

ROBOCOP does seem rather predictable and because he put it on Reddit others will start doing it and even the most unaware will become aware.

you only may use one anyway and circumventing the restriction is bad. all this needs is a day of prep, where you set up alpha chars at the appropriate locations and log them off. naming them according to their location makes organisation easy.

you dont need a webbing bonus (wasn’t the vigil bonussed?). you need a frigate with tank and at least four mids, three webs and an ab/mwd. that is the first step; then you try it out several times; then you iterate on it.

never begin the iteration-process in your head (“but i need a bonussed frigate”), before you tried something out, because that leads nowhere but living inside your mind, where you will mostly find doubt if something works theoretically, but will stay clueless about the practise.

remember that it’s not necessarily at the moment of his highest velocity, where you have to slow him down. acceleration is a factor as well.

try, fail, improve, try again.

/me grabs a cigar and puts on a military helmet.

Vigil has a painter bonus only, I checked.

I said it was an issue, I never said that it negated the approach you had suggested. The biggest issue is having the freighter pilot be able to take advantage of it, most are seriously dumb, one way is to give them a warp out in the direction of the bump, but getting their trust is never easy. I am not sure one suicide webber will do it, perhaps two and the gate guns will kill it before Concord arrives which may be a good thing in one sense.

Anyway it is quite obvious when it would be the best time to web it.

I doubt, that it’s obvious for everyone. Most people, and not only freighter pilots, are seriously dumb; as you say. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure one is sufficient either, but you’ll find out eventually. To tank the turrets, any frigate you can boost to 12-14k, using a 1:2:2:1 (top->bottom) damage profile in EFT and the corresponding resists, you’ll tank around the moment CONCORD shows up. Unless they’ve changed something and I’m not aware of it.

It all depends on the approach, aka do you web early to keep him from accelerating; do you web when he is max speed to slow him down; do you web somewhere in the middle. To me it seems that each approach demands different minimum amounts of time to be effective. MinMaxing can be fun! :slight_smile:

Finally weekend. Time to lurk only! And please don’t forget to share your experiences! :slight_smile:

I’m not going to do your homework for you.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that the entirety of AG’s moral compass lies in 2 players just like CODE has been demonized because of the actions of 1 person.

I do think it’s a little far fetched for code members to impersonate AG and face a potential ban, talking like that. There’s no real reason or benefit to impersonating AG short of just sitting in the channel to see if you’ve been reported.

1 Like

So going into the AG chat channel is not exactly impersonating people, what I have an issue with is people going into the Ag channel and making a fuss if someone in there tells them to go away using more colourful language.

I have not said CODE players are the same as Loyalanon, neither do I think the person who linked in local a post on Minerbumping which was directly underneath Loyalanons rant is the same as Lolyalanon, but he was being a git.

In terms of the counter, the only choice is to go criminal, simple as that, so the AG sitting there watching you can do absolutely nothing, if they rep the freighter they go suspect. As the player concerned did something stupid many of us will say their tough luck.

Lol

That moment ag thinks gankers switched to stealth bombers because of them :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I’m not even going to bother explaining why the change was made, you’ll simply claim it as another non-existant ag victory…

Do you know why the Code Always Wins?
Any content we generate (be it for or against us) is a victory.

Any pleb that fits tank because he’s scared shitless of being ganked is a victory for us. Anyone trying to fight back makes us victors once more.

The only way we can lose is by having 100% of players be compliant. And thanks to elite pilots like yourself, we’ll win till EVE dies :smiley:

Highsec is ours, and there’s literally nothing you can do about it :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

P.s. Do link where you got that “30% freighters saved while I was there” theory, I thinks it’s funny that you claim such a high ratio of saves when not even 0.1% of all freighters set to die were saved :thinking:

2 Likes