A corp mate comes back to Eve and wants his stuff back?

I’m sure that makes perfect sense being steeped in the culture you were raised in, but it makes no sense to me.

Perhaps you could expand on what it is you are trying to convey.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

I probably wouldn’t give it all back as I wouldn’t feel that I owed them anything. If someone “gives” you something it is now yours and they shouldn’t expect you to give it back or even have it after a long time.

That being said, if they were a friend I might give them a little something to get them started again.

If he knows where you live, best to give it back, if he does’nt know where you live, keep the stuff. :rofl: Black and white baby, black and white.

There was an alliance called Circle of Two.

One of the directors stole a lot of stuff and joined Goonswarm.

Alliance leader made some comments about how a traditional punishment for thieves in his culture is the removal of hands. He got banned for saying this.

1 Like

I don’t understand why other peoples opinion would help here.

It’s your stuff. Do what you want with it.

1 Like

i have gotten used to the idea that people leave and come back sometimes years later. this explains why people sell everything and then sit on the isk. when they GIVE stuff away, they should consider it gone. Its not like you would reimburse for ships lost etc.

What would you want him to do if the situation were reversed?

4 Likes

I’m not giving anyone anything when I leave as I know it’s possible I may return.

1 Like

No, for a player who understands the game making back isk is very easy. Especially since he retained the skills. Unless he extracted them which would suck for him. But whats the difference between 1 billion and 30? You can only pilot 1 ship at a time…

if (Person.Niceness > 0.5)
{
GiveStuffBack();
} else {
SetupGank();
}

3 Likes

1, Keep the assets. The money will get spent after a while. And you might make an enemy.

2, Give back the assets. Gain a friend that has lots of respect for you.

Your choice.

1 Like

You may wish to tell him that 15b value had changed due to hanger rental fees and that now he owes you ISk!

Sounds like fun personalized in-game content good ole’ EVE fashion style. :slight_smile:

Even outside of EVE that is doubtful how much of a friend and how respecting the guy will be, for all we know he might screw OP over a month or a year from now. :stuck_out_tongue:

So based on those two points I say the best course of action is to keep all of it and enjoy the content it generates if any. :wink:

1 Like

because that’s what coming back on your word, or in this case asking back what you gave away, really means. Abundance of self-interest of someone not true to his word and certainly not taking responsibility for earlier decisions.

1 Like

I like that idea, but what would be more fun is to give him fifteen billion exotic dancers instead.
Unpackaged.
Imagine what would happen to his client when he docked and looked in his items hanger.

1 Like

It’s a bit difficult to say someone’s word can’t be trusted because they chose to stop taking part in a hobby which is Eve Online and then decided to return.

There are a number of reasons why people leave Eve, lets say a man who gets wife agro decides to leave because of that, and then a few months later decides to play again, this is an emotional decision simply because the act of him playing Eve seems to cause upset to his partner. It would be silly and inappropriate to use this to judge the said man and say that his word can’t be trusted.

In fact the wife agro man should be commended as he is trying to keep his wife happy and be with his friends online playing Eve.

I make sure I spend time with my wife so she doesn’t get wife agro when I kick her off her pc so I have a 3rd toon on grid. Thank something for a good credit rating so she can get her revenge!!!

It’s a very difficult situation for the person who was gifted the Eve assets, for sure. Asking to get gifts back leads to all sorts of conflicting emotions with the person who received them, putting him in a very awkward position. Best not go there unless that relation doesn’t mean a whole lot. Ever been asked to give a present back ?

I gave away a bil to a noob just for having a sense of humor on the forums. At what point do you want to not encourage old players to not come back?

1 Like

I’ve not been asked to give a present back, I’ve not received any presents. I remember about 10 years ago my good friend was leaving and I asked him for some of his 100 billion isk, he said no. Looking back on it I’m glad he said no.