Every since its inception, the CONCORD Assembly and more specifically the Directive Intelligence Agency (CDIA) has conspired with the Jovians, the State, the Republic, the Empire and the Federation to keep you from discovering the truth. I’m not an ideological pirate, a cultist, an obsessive conspiracy theorist or a mad hatter (where did that expression even come from?) I’m a scientist with privileged access to certain sources who discovered something truly awesome, terrifying or, to some, relieving.
The map interface
Have you ever wondered how – when you connect and interface with your ship – you immediately have access to relatively up-to-date information on all regions in New Eden? Well, I wondered, 4 years ago. That’s when my career at the Center for Advanced Studies (CAS) started. Aurie and I started our careers at their HQ in Cistuvaert and we were signed up for holoreel indexing duty. Yes, the Aurie. At the time, he wasn’t the CEO and he had a face filled with pimples that he used to scratch open when he was nervous (you can still see the scarring), he wasn’t sporting dreadlocks back then either. Anyway, as I said, we were tasked with indexing and securing the CAS holoreel libraries. They figured the Leremblompes and Agoze facilities weren’t safe enough anymore for most of the research that took place there and a lot of reels needed moving for safe-keeping. I’m on a tangent here, but I figure this is important information. So, during this fairly menial task, Aurie uncovered something strange. In an older part of the Leremblompes station, some forgotten old reels (they must have been lying then for at least a decade) had been heavily and remotely encrypted by the CDIA (concord) and I noticed the metadata on them always, either directly or indirectly, referenced cartographic, astrophysical or meta-physical content (including but not limited to clone interfacing, astrometrics, spatial awareness, the likes). When we reported our findings to the CAS, the CDIA was quick to come over to Cistuvaert and question us and our protocols and methods for indexing the reels. What was so sensitive on these reels that the CAS allowed the CDIA to barge in like this and question their employees, let alone claim or even destroy these assets? We never saw those reels again and we tried not to be curious about it, since it wouldn’t be productive anyway and we were still juniors at the CAS, fervently trying to prove our worth. That, and when they questioned us, we saw several marshal battleships sitting at the undock point. We figured they were deadly serious about the data on these reels.
Give or take a few months and Aurie had been promoted twice, while I was still getting the slaver hound work. I suspected he made some sort of deal with the CDIA during our interrogation, because I heard less and less from him and he was rumored to do some freelance research work for CONCORD in their much talked about restructuring of the capsuleer skill injection programs. It was around that time they conveniently “debunked” and removed the ‘spatial awareness’ book, among many others also related to the subjects contained in those reels. The fullblown exploration of Anoikis by us capsuleers followed not long after. The seed of curiosity had been watered by my blood, sweat and tears and was given light by the fire of jealous frustration. Its roots had taken place in my heart and this now wild plant had branched all over my mind, drowning out the light of other thoughts. Nothing BUT the classified reels were on my mind. I contacted a merc buddy at Villore Sec Ops (VSOPS) who specialized in covert assignments (infiltration, asset retrieval and decryption tech). Since I had no real prospects and I was getting pretty desperate and obsessed, I promised him a third of my shares if he could deliver me some of the reels the CDIA had taken. I didn’t hear from him for a couple of weeks and I thought the assignment would prove impossible.
Then one day, I believe it was 05.06.YC116, he opened a secure private channel for me to join and had two other SecOps agents with him. I can’t tell you who he was or who was with him in that channel, but they were affiliated with a hidden research branch of the Servant Sisters of Eve (SOE) He had acquired and looked at some of the reels. “What will you do with these?” I didn’t know at the time, so that’s what I told him. He told me that if I accepted them, I could not sell or share the information on them. If I did, he’d kill me and everyone I ever had contact with. I accepted anyway. I guess this is my death note?
I got 5 reels from him. I have no idea if he has more. No idea if there is more deception to all of this. But what I got was truly mind-blowing. I was scared, angered and in disbelief for a great while. The reel inventory I got was this:
I. Influencing spatial awareness
II. The map interface
III. Jovian teachings - New Eden Properties
IV. The Cosmic Egg
V. Meta-physical musings on our finite cosmos
The gist of it
I watched the reels over and over again. The information contained within? I hope you’re prepared for this:
- The cosmos is finite and New Eden and Anoikis are mostly flat, despite what Aura , your map interface (unflatten, my ass!) and everyone else may tell you.
- The CONCORD intelligence agency, under the guise of intelligence gathering, organising education programs and brokering information between the Jovians, obscure research groups and the four major factions, the CDIA has been steadily influencing our perception through their education programs and diplomatic efforts ever since it was an embryonic organisation formed by CONCORD in the year YC105.
- I assume most of the factions are in on it and are actively sowing chaos between capsuleers to keep the overall human population limited, distract us, preserve the finite resources and keep things under their control.
- The development and maintenance of our map interface is a joined effort between all factions to keep the illusion (flatten / unflatten is a lie, the neverending beta version reinforces our perception of a bloated New Eden)
- The entire stargate program, especially the alignment of them, is part of the deception
- We are living in a finite cosmic egg. New Eden is at its core and Anoikis is sparsely positioned at the very edge of this egg.
- The EVE gate, it is theorized in these reels, has been generated by the precursors to migrate from an even smaller cosmic egg (containing only 1 big star system)
- The shells of both the precursor and our cosmic eggs are but a collection of unbelievably strong monopolar magnetic fields, several tens of AUs wide, reflecting all particles and radiation, creating the illusion of a grand and infinite cosmos. Our world is a hall of mirrors.
- The main reason why we don’t have a ‘golden age’ given the state of our technology, is because the major factions, especially CONCORD, SOE and the Jove, are maintaining this illusion, the status quo, a disruptive atmosphere. They aim to divide and deceive.
Their motivation are unknown. Perhaps this is all for the greater good? For our very survival? But what’s the point of maintaining the illusion? I say we demand answers and try to collectively break out of this shell.
The information is now yours. What will you do with it?
EDIT: I’ve been fired on the spot by CAS now after 4 years of hard work.