A fresh start from the beginning

No ships, no nothing on the market is the point of a fresh start. I know full well what a fresh start in a sandbox game is like. Newer communities coming in that have played other games, but missed the dawn of Eve wouldn’t be decades behind everyone else. If this fresh start was a second server this would not effect you and these others who have complaints about it because you can stay where you are. Huge corporations will trillions of isk and fleets of ships will not leave behind what they have just to jump on a new server which is the assumption I see that you are making. Using Eve Echoes as an example there are tiers of ships that nobody can even make or use yet because nobody has the skills to use or make them, which again this is the point of a fresh start. There have been interviews where the developers have hinted that something like this may make sense and now is quite possibly that time. I see new players coming into Eve Echoes that fit the bill of people who would have loved to play Eve Online but got into online gaming too late and wouldn’t want to be this far behind.

This is where you are just not getting what the game is.

Why aren’t you playing Eve Echoes then? Fresh start and all?

But really, if you want to be “part of history”, then it is to join maybe the persistent world with the most cumulative player activity ever made. I mean, if CCP succeeds at “Eve Forever” you are going to look like quite the fool when your grandkids ask you in 40 years why you weren’t playing such an institution of a game like Eve Online, and you tell them it you missed out on the first decade and wanted a “fresh start”.

One of the defining things about Eve is that it is a single, shared universe where actions taken 17 years ago have had an effect on the current state. If CCP spun up a bunch of alternate servers, it would devalue the game significantly, perhaps even fatally.

2 Likes

I’m not one that said I wanted to be “part of history” I could care less if people know who I am. My friends in the two main communities I play with know me and that is all that matters to me as I have been in one community 12+ years and the other 7 years.

As for Eve Echoes, yes, yes I am playing it with friends. That is why it gave me that itch to look at EO too.

Nobody writes history about obsessive math nerds. In order to make history you need to be a high-functioning narcissist with sociopathic tendencies. An Eve reboot won’t change that.

I’ve just realized that the whole argument about people …
… who have played longer, have more experience and can use better tools …
… can be applied to real life.

In real life he faces the exact same problems as in the game. The exact same problems. People who were born before him already know everything he hasn’t learned yet. They know how to use better tools and they know how to avoid mistakes.

When seen in this light, I can’t shake the feeling the OP is a gigantic loser who thinks that he’s equal to those who aren’t gigantic losers, if only he had a chance. Sometimes I feel like these people need to be given the chance so they can see themselves fail and learn, but in reality it’s far more likely they would just find something else to blame.

2 Likes

yeah, this pretty much. the hilarious part is that it’s painfully obvious from the fact that this post exists that OP doesn’t even have the mindset necessary to succeed even if a reset were to ever happen.

first, this kid thinks he’s important enough that his presence should be enough to trigger a reset so that HE gets a chance to start fresh.

and second, if he can’t even take the time to figure out how to make the most of what’s going on now but instead begs CCP to bring everyone down to his level, but conveniently doesn’t realize that everyone with experience will be back up and running much sooner and more efficiently than he will.

2 Likes

Real life is much worse. Monopolies are hard to beat, but the last time we had monopoly problems in Eve it was because of T2 production. CCP got rid of that.

2 Likes

“we need to reset server to have same chance as older players”
“easy boy, I will die soon and you will have whole life to reach me”

1 Like

Again I keep seeing “reset the server” OP was talking about a fresh start server. These are two different things. Not sure how a fresh start server that is separate from the existing server will impact anyone who chooses not to play on said server.

As for the real life argument, I can’t speak for the OP but I am pretty successful IRL. Your argument isn’t valid because before I finished my degree and started my current job I was working in commercial plumbing and I learned quick and in 2 years time going non-union I learned enough to immediately become a journeyman in the union without taking a 5-year apprenticeship. By the time I changed professions I was already making the same salary with less than 5 years experience that guys with 20 years on the job were making.

To apply that example to Eve I don’t see where newer players coming in could ever hope to be on the level of people with 100 mil plus invested skill points without using real life money to cheese their way up.

Yeah, because people who have existing knowledge of EVE Online will all absolutely agree to not play on a new server that opens up and let OP the freedom he needs to grow and excel. Totally. That’s exactly what will happen. There will 100% never be a player who has existing knowledge who will switch over to this new server and take advantage of their knowledge, ever. It’ll just be OP and other “new players” and only them.

1 Like

And how could a new plumber possibly ever hope to compete with the guys who have been plumbing for thirty years?

1 Like

I never said people won’t hop to a fresh start server with knowledge about the game. I am saying a fresh start server will not impact anyone who chooses not to play on it.

Then you’re talking about a completely unrelated issue at hand.

OP is mad because bad, but mostly because he thinks everyone else has an unfair advantage over him because they started sooner. To fix that, he wants to bring everyone down to his level again in-game, thinking it’ll make everyone better. But he doesn’t realize that players have out-of-game resources. This is the core of OP’s problem.

Whether or not a fresh start server will impact Tranquility is unrelated to the discussion and off topic.

1 Like

Of course it will. It will draw players away from the “real” server.

Eve is all about the shared, persistent experience. Having new copies of the universe just cheapens the experience. Eve Echoes is enough of a different take and really a different game set in the same universe with some (but not all) of the same design ideas, but having multiple, identical servers would just dilute the player base.

It isn’t going to happen, not now anyway.

2 Likes

It is not off topic the OP 100% says “a new server”.

It is. Because you’re talking about the issue of whether it’ll impact Tranquility.

The actual issue is OP’s lack of understanding of the game. The exact same problems that OP is experiencing here on Tranquility will still happen on the new server regardless of whether or not it has any impact on TQ.

1 Like

Fair enough. I am still in favor of a fresh start server even if my reasons are different than OPs. I have encountered many who have said they would play an Eve fresh start. Either way that doesn’t change that I will continue to play Eve Echoes and get started in Eve Online. I’d like to convince my other friends to play, but I can’t force them.

You should give Fortnight a try.

Problem with a fresh start is that it doesn’t stay fresh for long.

2 Likes