A genuine question

Lies.

I’ve often wondered how wardec corps choose their targets.

My 2-person alt corp gets wardecced occasionally. It literally had a trading toon and a mission runner on it and that’s it. I use those characters for maybe an hour a week on average.

I’v never bothered to contact the corps declaring war… but I always wondered what the point was. They do a “show info” and see 2-members and thing “That looks like a great target!”?

But hey… it’s their isk so whatever.

1 Like

You’ve shown disrespect of people on those thread, calling everybody here and there trolls, liars.

That is insulting.

This is trolling right? :yum:

1 Like

People come here to ask a question and all you do is trolling.

This forum is not a place for trolls. get out.

Stop behaving like a toddler.

Times may change but peoples actions don’t. Eve is renown for its griefing tactics. It may be its downfall in the long run.

1 Like

Well, you don’t have any moderator privileges, so instead of being able to enforce anything, you’re just resorting to personal attacks, which is even worse than trolling. For example, here’s you calling someone stupid; you’re not attacking their post or the idea they presented, you’re attacking the person:

So how about instead of that, flag or report the posts that you disagree with so that the actual moderators can deal with them. That’s what you’re supposed to do as a forum user.

And also, this is General Discussion, trolling happens here. Learn to ignore it; people will posts what they want and you won’t be able to get them to stop. You may be able to get a moderator to intervene, but with CCP’s reduced community team they’ll be slow to do so, if at all.

2 Likes

It was meant as an ironic mirror of their own aggression, not as a literal insult : with the logic scheme they use, they are insulting people. You could have put any word instead of stupid, eg dolphin, or flower or whatever - but if it was not an insult there would be no sense of “this is bad”.

But you’re attacking the person. Feel free to call the post or the idea bad, stupid, whatever, even present arguments why this is so, but do not attack the person.

Here’s the EVE Online Forums Terms of Use:

So, I mean, you’re trying to moderate this thread, but you’re breaking the TOS rules yourself. And you’re not a moderator.

5 Likes

They do it as they are desperately looking for people to give them easy expensive kills, just log on with your alts and ignore them and watch them waste their ISK. Hisec war deckers in the main are easy to avoid and pretty fail.

By the way some of them may offer to drop the war dec for a price, but they are not good with their word, what will also happen is one of their alt corps will offer to ally for the cost of the war dec fee, it is quite laughable. Treat it with the contempt it deserves…, which I think you did with your post, it hit the spot from what I saw.

The best you can say about this is poor target selection by a bunch of losers…

PS You will see people on this thread saying that they switched to blanket war decs after the removal of the watch list, this is a total lie, it was already the preferred method of war deckers before the watch list was removed.

3 Likes

The war declaration mercenaries changed their tactics from declaring war on industrial corps that looked like easy prey to declaring war on anyone who passes through Jita, because CCP removed the ability to see who’s online and who is not from the People and Places Contacts list.

This Contacts list used to show a pop-up when people came online, and was an invaluable tool for gaining intel, figuring out the members of the corp, and locating them with Locator Agents. When CCP removed the feature, all the mercs switched to watching the Jita traffic and declaring war en-masse on everyone. Out of hundreds of war declarations, they get maybe a few actual targets that they can shoot.

They’re looking for easy kills.
They’re not looking for convo’s, recruitment, or to teach anyone anything.
You don’t usually see quality posting, quality chatting, or even quality PVP from them.

3 Likes

Why did you get a negative response when asking for an explanation… Because it probably was the easiest answer to give and they don’t feel any need to justify their actions to you.

Let me give a parallel example… The other night I was flying through nul in am Anathema. A saber tried to catch me by bubbling when I decloaked. The problem was, he was on the far side of the gate and missed by a decent margin. I stated as much in local. The reply was a fairly angry tirade about how great his saber kills were and he didn’t need any help or advice.

Some people just don’t want to bother with being nice in game. They feel it is not necessary. They don’t need to explain why they deccer you, they don’t need help on bubble placement, they don’t need to be nice.

It happens. Best to chalk it up as their loss and move on.

4 Likes

Thank you for you advice, I appreciate it.

Actually I think being nice requires efforts that may turn against them.

1 Like

I think it’s more along the lines that they saw that you were active at the time of the dec.

–Gadget is guessing

Intent of OP doesn’t seem to be “oh, woe is me for I have been aggrieved!” Most threads like this are exactly that.

So, assuming everything posted here is in good faith, in response to the question “why were they acting like dicks?” Either to psych you out, to psych themselves up, or maybe they are just sincerely dicks.

2 Likes

To be fair, they may be just burnt out from other questions. Imagine your preferred way to play eve was as a high sec war deccer. You lost your watch list so even now hunting active war targets is limited. So you are stuck camping trade hubs and deccing everyone.

For every few decs, you get harassed in your public channel by people outraged that you dare interrupt their game. And let’s face it, based on posts in general discussion, many complaining put a lot of anger and hatred in their complaints. So after a while, you grow numb. For each complaint you just utter an STFU and ignore it. I’m not saying it’s the best approach, but it is understandable.

Also, I’m curious as to who replied to the OP’s comments in the chat. I know my corp has a public chat, most do. Who is active in the chat, though, can very. Some corps only want directors or the like responding in the chat. Others don’t care. In the former, it may take a while to get a response. In the latter, a line member may tell you to STFU but a director could say the opposite. It’s just hard to know.

This game mechanic in EVE is hilarious like win-trading in WoW (in Arena). I’m surprised why CCP still allows it until this time and, moreover, don’t change this mechanic with implemented drawbacks and diminishing returns to make painful to exploit it. A response to a question: “What makes EVE feel like a joke of a game to you?” is Hi-Sec War-Decs. It reminds to me those uncountable movies about city mafia and corrupt policemens.

Mainly, there are two groups of hi-sec ‘wardecers’ currently:

• those which want to force you to live somewhere far away. Something similar to BlueDonut War;
  • teenagers in EVE; which are aggresive as usually, prefer jokes and to troll other people;

Due to your explanation, you are a victim of EVE teenagers. So, don’t take it so serious.

BTW. With projected war-decs or other similar hi-sec projects, you’ll not force the main mass of players to go live to 0.0 or J-space. You’ll not lure them there with good cookies, high-bounties, game patches or something else. They will perform their poor stuff in hi-sec or they will quit EVE.

1 Like

As far as I can remember it was the CEO or whatever he was titled.

I didn’t take much notice as I wasn’t that bothered or offended as some here have said by the wardec. What did offend me was the contemptuous, profane reply I got to my original question. After that I just put it down to immaturity and left.

1 Like

Because you declined to be a target and said that you are too hard to kill. That means they have throwed millions of ISKs to CONCORD without any gain.

Also you can just disband and create a corporation again, and they will not receive their money back if war already started. And They would have to wardec the corporation again to have any chance to shoot you legally in high sec, losing next milions of ISK on wardeccing you again. You can just do that over and over.

1 Like