A Gift to the Empire, and The Nature of the War

While true, that is not precisely what I intended to highlight; it simply seems that those most comfortable with their deeds felt least necessity to by word attach themselves to this achievement.

True, I feel no need to highlight any of our deeds, though indeed they were many. I leave the posting of glorious deeds to others, for I am happiest in the trenches, as it were.

3 Likes

[ Translation Follows ]

Congratulations on your victory against the Tribal Liberation Force from the Veles Clade of the Triglavian Collective. May your own Forest of Glorification become a serene parkland benefiting your ruling class. Should you wish further Proving you are welcomed in the domain of Pochven.

2 Likes

Saronu was picking a fight where before there had only been congratulations of the deed.

The fact you feel a need to spin this as simple fact telling rather than the obvious purposeful insult that is clear in their post tells me just how much you have been blinded by pirate money.

Pick up that particular propaganda fighting alongside Electus Matari?

3 Likes

HAHAHA, Oh my Gaven, you are hilarious, at least I hope that was a joke ?

Did you not realise than since my corporations return to the warzone, I personally spent nearly 80b to finance the taking of Floseswin and other systems ?

How many Punishers and Dragoons did I personally purchase and ship to the warzone to allow Lord Aldrith to dispense ships like they were sweets ? Along with the purchase and deployment of a fleet of Abaddon class battleships and Guardian class logistic vessels which were vital to the final battles in Floseswin.

No, I think you were unaware, and uncaring, for that does not fit your narrative. Saronu has given me nothing, and I have asked for nothing. You owe myself and my pirate corporation an apology for your vile slander.

2 Likes

Less than twenty-four hours and theyā€™re eating each other. While gratifying, Iā€™m legitimately disappointed that Aldrithā€™s no doubt titanic effort to avoid smug shitposting couldnā€™t just be allowed to be a place of appreciation for even a single day. Have some damn class, people, and let the grrposting come from the enemies when appropriate. In more suitable threads and media, at that.

10 Likes

I never would have believed I would say it, but thank you, Mizhara Delā€™thul, for proving my point.

6 Likes

As much as it must hurt your ego, we did not in fact discuss you once in Pochven.

7 Likes

Welcoming the involvement of a foeā€¦ youā€™ll have to ask Adams, but I think the Gallente term for situations like this is dĆ©jĆ  vu.

Your abject failure to actually understand Paladin deSilvestrisā€™ meaning does indeed give me a sense that I have seen this tragicomedy before.

1 Like

It would appear the foe is treating the achievement and those involved with more respect than most. Perhaps itā€™s time to let this thread return to the original intent? Iā€™ll at least leave it be from this point.

2 Likes

Familiarity with abject failure would account for how long and tightly you have grasped it.

To shed light on the discontent apparent among my amarrian brethren, there is a growing awareness of the difference between sentiments, and actions in the context of contributions to the victories achieved by our holy militia. The magnitude of victories such as this are not achievable merely through the positive sentiments of well-wishers garnished in ornate robes from the comfort of a luxury yacht in high security space, or from ill-conceived contrivances with minmatar militia in the depths of triglavian space. Rather, this victory was distilled from amarrian blood spilt on the decks of mightly combat vessles under the crimson starlight of contested systems such as Bosboger, Floseswin, and Ardar. To this end, the efforts of Aldrith Shutaq, the pilot, were pivotal. However, the difference between Aldrithā€™s efforts, and the sum total of efforts of his alliance, is approximately zero. In this context, I believe that my brother Saronuā€™s point is that the magnitude of self-congratulation for a victory should be proportional to oneā€™s contribution to that success. And thus, for many entities that claim alignment with the objectives of the amarr militia but contribute nothing towards completing these objectives, the appropriate magnitude of self-congratulation is similarly, zero.

Sincerely,

Mikal Vektor

Supreme Commander of the Amarr Militia

2 Likes

That point would indeed make sense if anyone had been self congratulating before Saronu came onto the scene with her accusation that LUMEN has heaped scorn on the 24th Imperial Crusade.

2 Likes

Trivialising the pendulum wars, subversive attempts to undermine an edict by an Imperial Sword Marshal; dubious requests that a crusade fleet stand down from an operation to cleanse a Minmatar staging citadel from which the Imperial Protectorate of Arzad was being besieged, lest it interrupt an unspecified joint operation between Khimi Harar and Electus Matariā€¦ I cannot possibly fathom where in that I intuited scorn for our cause.

1 Like

Three cheers for the 24IC! You all fought hard and long to see this sort of victory. Respect!

On a separate note: Maker break my ass, Saroā€¦ I never used to know you to be this cantankerous over something so positive- not even in our chats while I was conscripted to Garrulor. The Saro I knew might have made a cutting remark in smugness while maintaining pride and composure- not lash out in so bitter a manner at praise, regardless of who it came from.

Your time on Flos IV has changed you, honeyā€¦ The WZ has changed you, like it tried to change me. I hope it isnā€™t permanent. You were a blast that night we played drinking games at the Starwater with Jules and Sini! :heart:

19 Likes

I should think so, fewer than half the paladins I took to that planet returned, while the same people who then under the guise of moral protest sat on their hands, now in easier times laud the achievements that however hard-fought, came too late.

If I am bitter, it is at the cost I have paid in the stead of those who position themselves at Holy Amarrā€™s defenders yet do not care to raise a hand in that task.

2 Likes

There is a lot more of Holy Amarr to defend than the Bleak Lands, Devoid, and the Rebel Provinces. Especially in the last year. What we do in the Provinces does not matter if the Throne Worlds fall, as they very well might have last year without the vigilance of those who fought against the Triglav menace.

The idea that only the warzone matters is fallacious and actively damages loyalist capsuleer efforts to keep Amarr safe and prosperous. Holding up Floseswin as a particular litmus test of loyalty while downplaying the many other tasks needed to protect the trillions living within Amarr is rhetoric that risks actively sabotaging the safety of the Empire.

9 Likes

Has always been an excuse after the fact, the proscription against Khimi Harar plots intervening in Floseswin preceded Raravoss; and certainly did not justify an attempt to subvert the Lord Sarumā€™s edict concerning the planet, nor the Rebel Provinces more widely.

1 Like