A Gift to the Empire, and The Nature of the War

There are many focuses in the Empire and many needs.

Faithful may disagree on priorities and prudential concerns. I do not denigrate your choice to serve your liege and to devote your efforts to the 24th Imperial Crusade generally . We have a different focus and vocation and such should not be confused as “scorn”, just as I pray you do not scorn us for focusing on responding to the Empress’s call to work with Edencom and to fight the Triglavians and their supporters and other tasks we’ve undertaken for the Empire, including trying to support the Militia in ways consistent with our vocation.

This thread, should be focused on the remarkable achievement by Mikal Vektor, Aldrith Shutaq and others in accomplishing control of the warzone. I congratulate them again and I hope all have a wonderful Foundation Day in the upcoming holidays!

13 Likes

And before the Triglavians there were the Drifters, and the Blood Raiders, and the Sansha, and so on. There has never been a point where there was not a home front in High Security space that had to be won. And this is only including violent means of defending Amarr; non violent actions such as commerce, transport, industry, diplomacy, and education are also neccessary for a stable Empire.

A total warzone victory is an accomplishment that is notable. And the warzone is an important part of the Amarr defensive scheme. It keeps the Matari from rebuilding the likes of the Elder Network Fleet. These are great accomplishments that deserve praise and make Amarr safer.

That LUMEN avoids offensive action against Matari systems as a rule and holds to the Pax Amarria doctrine just means they have different specialties, neither less or more important than the warzone. It does not mean that they hold scorn for the defenders.

They are not perfect, no one in this flawed world is, and their petition regarding Floseswin was regrettable, but at no point have I seen any actual evidence that they took any action to sabotague the war effort. Not taking part in it and focusing instead on the home front is not the affront that you make it out to be. On the other hand, I have seen quite a bit of hostility over the last year directed towards LUMEN. Given my experience with them, it raises the question of what they would have done if they had been asked nicely to support the attack rather than been constantly belittled for their differing priorities.

Insulting them when they are thanking the 24th Imperial Crusade for it’s work is churlish behaivior and believing that the only correct way to aid Holy Amarr is the way in which you personally have decided to serve is absurd.

But this is serving nothing. All attacking LUMEN in this thread has done is taken the focus away from the huge amount of work that the Militia has done to gain the entire warzone.

10 Likes

I think it went something along the lines of

Hello Divine Commodore Mikal Vektor, could you please stop shooting Electus Matari’s Arzad invasion shed, we’re in a fleet with EM, PNS and Snuffed; defending PNS interests in Everyshore.

I’m sure Commodore Vektor could if he so chose give a more verbatim account of how that deleterious episode went.

I think time and disposition have distorted things gravely. I remember engaging in prep and even some scouting and logistics at the time to evaluate a potential Arzad (actually it was Tararan) operation to assist the locals in that area but the timer was prohibitive for the flight roster available in that timezone.

I encourage all concerned to focus on the OP and the purpose of this thread?

8 Likes

You had eight pilots to spare to defend a Phoenix Naval Systems structure several regions away, in Angatalie against Dock Workers.

Neither a matter frankly of your more peaceable vocations, nor discernibly anything but harmful to Imperial interest.

2 Likes

Why am I don’t surprised to see the same sock puppets vomiting insults, I keep being reminded why I find Amarr so lost up in its own ass.

That said, and I’m also surprised to say this as well, congratulations Aldrith. You did something that you said you would do, or at least helped along. Something that is by no means easy to do as well as something I didn’t think I would see for at least a few more years. So a toast to the butchers of free people and bringers of chain.

2 Likes

I came to this tread originally to offer some diplomatically complimentary words and an analysis of what this means to the astropolitical situation.

Stayed for the :popcorn: . Totally worth it.

Fight on, sweet children of God. We have hope yet.

5 Likes

I love watching a good circular firing squad. Who needs holoreels when you have slavers providing entertainment like this?

2 Likes

The split between those who believe the EWPA war is the only important concern and those who take a more complete picture of the health of the Empire is not news.

If such gives you hope, then the Republic’s situation is even worse than I thought.

2 Likes

It’s no Thebeka, but every little thing counts.

1 Like

Erica switches on the holorecorder for a video message. She is in her luxury yacht in orbit over Amarr, leaning back in her expensive evening dress, ice clinking in her glass.

“What a magnificent achievement! Congratulations to our brave soldiers, and thrice hurray to the magnificent lord-consort Newelle for combining bravely and style!”

She reads on.

“Whoops.”

The video message ends.

4 Likes

Thinking on the events of yesterday and at the risk of sounding very un-Amarrian, I have come to the conclusion that sometimes airing grievances in public is not the worst thing that could happen.

I see every side of the conflicts within our ranks. I also see how those conflicts may stand to strengthen those opposed to us, as they take glee in the display despite this thread highlighting a defeat for them. As I have since the attempted invasion of Kahah, I will try my best to leave them disappointed. There is hope for we Imperial Empyreans yet.

4 Likes

Disagreement is to be expected — we do not have an Emperor or Empress to guide us, only an anti-Empress.

Hopefully, the anti-Empress will work up the courage to order a Full Reclaiming of these captured systems and do a better job of it than Floseswin. Not getting my hopes up, though.

It really just keeps on getting better.

1 Like

This is a pendulum war Pilot. The tide will turn again soon enough. We’ve been in this position before as have you. Nothing new to see here or pat yourself on the back for.

Is it though? Has the holy Amarrian militia been in this position before? Our victory goes beyond warzone control. We have burned every minmatar-aligned structure that we can identify, most without any defense mounted. Yes, we’ve completely taken the warzone from the minmatar before. This also isn’t the first time that we’ve taken from them their staging structures. However, I think this is the first time that we seem to have taken their souls and fighting spirit. To imply that this is just business as usual reveals a refusal to grasp the depths of minmil’s failure.

3 Likes

Uh huh. I’ll remind you of this when the pendulum swings back.

Yeah, you clearly weren’t pay attention during the years of classless ‘nomedal’ nonsense from folks like Aldrith. The fact that you’ve taken control of the bloodsport arena, largely while your enemies were off celebrating the Liberation Day festivities, shouldn’t be taken to mean anything more than that.

((OOC: edited for clarity that I’m referring to an IC event.))

3 Likes

What is even left to fight over in the CEWPMA? warzone ? Is the situation on Floseswin the future of inhabited planets in the conflict area ? A bunch of blasted worlds with nothing remaining of value, where the surface is covered in active and ruined fortifications, for fighting an endless war for little or no gain, with each side occasionally receiving resupply and reinforcements depending on space control ?

What can you say to the angry little amarrians? I mean nothing… just sit back and laugh… They are all ready counting the days.