A hard look at our community

These people are all horrible, don’t listen to them.

When you leave, can I have your stuff?

1 Like

I flew with a guy who had the character name God Almighty. Somebody reported him and CCP made him change it to something less offensive.

Just report the names, CCP will decide if they are rule violations.

CCP does not have even remotely near the technological resources to create a “bad words” filter. Take a look at the scunthrope problem or penistone problem when companies don’t spend enough or don’t bother fixing bad word filters. Also, don’t forget that people from literally all over the world play EVE, how are you going to filter out dozens and dozens of languages?

lmao, glad to see the snowflake brigade coming out and getting offended because of some naughty no-no words. i’ve said it already, if you care, report them to CCP and they’ll get their names wiped.

but i know y’all would rather whine and cry about it here on the forums and report my comments rather than actually taking action.

1 Like

::red_circle:

And not just outright the names. I recently discovered a corp with the fun name Coop Of Ultimate Milk Dairy Und Meat Producers. Guess what their ultimate goal with that name is? Hint, it’s the capital letters. I’m still debating if I want to report this name and make this ganker corp run around as EVE Corp 5754287575 or not. But if I do that, I’d also have to report Pen-Is Out and a few others to stay consistent, right?

Personally I am okay with the well-crafted, sublime or tastefully done twist-of-word names. Some of them are so well done that many people outright miss the reference anyway.

But everyone has a different threshold for what is offensive and best let CCP make the decision whether it meets the standards of the game they own and operate. I wouldn’t trust y’all to moderate anything anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I have the perfect solution for you:

Write down a complete list of every word you consider an obscenity. Then send that list to CCP and demand they filter them out.

Don’t forget to use Google Translate for languages you don’t understand yourself, of course. Make the list as complete as humanly possible!

If CCP doesn’t want to filter that filth, sue them! If they have to defend themselves in court, they’ll surely see reason!

Just to make sure, add legal threats to your list and demands, so CCP knows how serious this matter is.

This should solve everything to your satisfaction. Now ISD, please close this thread, this discussion is done and over!

You’re right. People all around the world have different views on their definition of obscene.

Are we going to ban a lot of combinations of letters in EVE because some snowflake somewhere on the world may find it obscene in their language?

Just report them and let CCP deal with it. Maybe CCP doesn’t even think of it as such a problem as you do, maybe they’re less prude. Also, have you considered that a lot of people may be less prude than you are? Should they all adjust to your worldview?

(I feel like I’m getting trolled by this thread… while I do believe people like this exist, I thought a bit higher of the types of players that are drawn to EVE. :confused: )

1 Like

Oh no the SJW snowflake brigade is taking over eve.

If I make my toon dark skinned and I get attacked by a white toon can I claim it was racism and get my ship back.?

Not anymore it seems.

Bruce Almighty? That would have been an epic change :slight_smile:

Only if the attacker is Amarrian. :wink:

1 Like

I see what you mean by that :wink:

Minmatarians should DIE.

(jk no ban pls)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.