A letter from me, to CCP

You comfort yourself as much as you want but it’s interesting to watch how the CCP flees from solutions which impose to others

HTFU

Harden up against what?

What is it Im weak to?

Judging from that last sentence (in its broken english) it seems you dont like CCP, so therefore any suggestion you make that “gets CCP customers” should be discounted.

Scoots

I think you’re projecting a bit.

The principles in question are unrelated to where on a scale of high/low end the activity is.

I don’t post on “high-end” activities (except for well known facts). I post on new player / startup issues.

OTOH I’m quite experienced at starting from nothing. The gaps are long enough that I forget most things, so my rookie experiences are nothing like “starting yet another alt”.

Would you mind explaining what are these “well known facts”?

And I don’t believe you’ve sufficiently supported your claim for ‘projection’. I’m simply stating that I don’t trust your word anymore because you don’t have any actual knowledge about high-end activities, yet feel confident enough to make statements about such activities. Please explain to me wherein this stance lies ‘projection’.

I don’t really care if you are “experienced at starting from nothing,” because I don’t believe that’s relevant (unless you care to explain to me how it is). If I wanted to ask your opinion on how to bake a cake, I don’t care if you know how to grow wheat. For all we know when you are “starting yet another alt”, you are doing it sub-optimally.

1 Like

Why would I need knowledge of "high-end activities?

Unless you’re using a weird definition, in which case our discussion is definitely over.

My interest, and the posts I make with content in them (as opposed to “forum-technical” posts are related to “new player on-boarding”. They are mainly based on my own experience, but I exclude anything which applies to me, but probably isn’t true for most other people.

BTW “Forum-technical” includes calling out people on false claims like the EVE being about risk/reward. Or that “market PvP” is a thing in non-EVE MMO terminology.

I hope your position isn’t that players may not even mention nullSec unless they’ve spend years playing there?

Because I am more inclined to believe someone who says “This activity is not enjoyable because of X, Y, Z, reasons that I have encountered after playing it.” rather than someone like you who sits in an armchair and claims to know without ever have actually played it.

So again, I don’t trust anything you have to say on this subject. I don’t care if your comments are “forum-technical” or not. I don’t even know why you are trying to raise this issue. I see this as an off topic deflection.

No, you are intentionally mischaracterizing my point. You are more than welcome to ‘mention’ Nullsec, even if you have not spend years playing there.

However, I’m just saying, I will not trust the opinions of someone who has never lived in Nullsec when they try to lecture me about how Nullsec works, or even try and make suggestions and proposals that will impact how Nullsec operates. Your lack of experience means that it’s more likely than not that you don’t have the knowledge and understanding to consider all of the minor effects that would stem from a broad and general change.

2 Likes

Scoots

Your latest post is more fantasy than real. Maybe all fantasy, but we’re looping, so I didn’t read it all…

Now, this is projection.

3 Likes

but see sp injectors as bad, mkay…

Hey all, glad to see you’re all getting along. I started this thread, I guess I better chime in again.

Rather than go on about two new players, one injects skills, blah blah blah, let’s look at the other end of the spectrum.

I learned something profound recently. IRL, once you hit $1b, you can buy a lot of things, things you wouldn’t even have access to otherwise. There are no more problems when you have that much money, only creative solutions. You don’t have to wait at the airport; you fly private. You don’t have to wait for a taxi or an Uber or drive yourself; you have a chauffeur on staff and he literally waits for you until you call him. You have people–the ones that most people only dream about even meeting–on tap; you can literally just have your staff call them and they show up. Kings, presidents, Fortune 500 CEOs, they all look up to you. The point I’m trying to illustrate here is that money solves problems.

How does this apply to EVE?

Well, there are people floating around here who have trillions of ISK (you all know who you are). What could that kind of money buy in this game? I mean, this puts you on par with some entire alliances, even whole coalitions. I know of one guy (though admittedly I don’t know his name), who paid to own the majority of POCOs in highsec. That’s a lot of POCOs, that guy is making a mind-boggling amount of money off of that.

After doing some back-of-the-envelope math, 2.2 trillion ISK could get you about 500k PLEX. If my math isn’t off, that’s enough for 83 years of EVE, and if you bought it all with RL cash, would only cost about $15k-$20k. 2.2 trillion could also get you a little under 2,500 skill injectors. Now we’re getting into the meat of this. 2,500 skill injectors (assuming you start above 80m SP) will get you 375m SP. How much is that?

72.61% of the total attainable SP. Tack on the 80m you started with, that comes to 88.10%.

So, for the low, low price of a shitty car, you could be 88.10% of the way to “completing” EVE, as it were. At this point, I doubt anyone could argue that you have paid to win. You could fly anything, shoot any gun with the highest possible damage (excluding factors like transversal and range), you could use any implants, invent any T2 item with the highest possible chance of success, the list goes on. Of course this doesn’t buy player skill, but that can only account for so much, especially when it comes to things that aren’t related to combat. As for strength in numbers, if you have enough money to drop $15k to basically “win” EVE, you can drop a little more money to buy a boatload of mercenaries to fight your battles.

This is a problem. Granted, it’s usually a problem on a smaller scale, but demonstrably a problem.

To be extremely clear, the problem isn’t that there’s people floating around with trillions of ISK, the problem is that they can use that money to buy 24 years worth of training.

Why is this a problem?

because its makes this achievment now worthless for the people who did get a high skill char without spending any money into cash shops!

cash shops are fine for appearence stuff and vanity items but skill injectors just kills it for me!

and this comes from a new player who made eve his new home :wink:

Why are you basing the worth of your own achievement on the wealth of other people?

While in genral I do not support any form of microtransactions, merely because it has become a plague, where game devs make gameplay as inconvenient as possible, just to squeeze money out of idiots, rather than just making good and fun games…

When I look back at all my years in EvE I don´t look back at the skills I have trained, I look back at the adventures I had. The stories I remember and generally all the fun I had, no amount of skill injectors that other people buy can take that away from me. And no money in the world can buy them the things I experienced in the game.

im not?

im just saying it must suck for someone spending so much time into a game to become a high skill char and now every idiot can just buy and be full skill if he just spends enough real Money!

u should earn ur stuff in mmos with alot of effort or with time investment but NOT WITH RL MONEY!

i see alot of gamers these days spending aton of rl money in mmos but still crying on the forums that they still suck…. idk what is wrong with em, but in the end the devs always change the mmos in favor of these kind of gamers(if u even can call em this) and most of the time its a death sentence for the game

idk maybe im wrong or just too old but back in the days mmos did not use that ■■■■■■■■! u just payd ur monthly sub and thats it! u had to play for every item/skill/etc! i miss these times! :frowning:

today u can have everything if u just spend enough $ and i will never support this stuff because it doesnt belong in mmos!!

You say you’re not and then you do immediately in the next sentence. Why do you care about what some other “idiot” is spending their money on?

why not adding a godmode shield to the cash shop? so i can spend 100$ and use it for pvp? why just care?

because stuff like this effects the game! even if its just a Basic Thing like having all skills!

How about you suggest that to CCP then?
This is a weak sauce slippery slope argument.

Godmode and other things to become unbeatable are quite different from the things you can buy in EvE with RL $. Now don´t get me wrong, I am definetly not in favor of those things, but I don´t find them as disturbing as microtransactions in other games.

Most of the time people who try to treat the game like any regular pay2win game end up like this guy anyway:

Essentially ppl trying that here, just waste their money on a whole lot of nothing.

1 Like

Yikes.
Oh well, and here I thought you’d be willing to listen.

Anyways, you should stop comparing yourself to the disposable incomes of other people. It’s not a healthy habit. Stop measuring your achievements by how much money the other person has. If it’s not Skill Injectors, you’ll end up blaming it on something else and end up in cycle where you’re always looking for excuses as to why someone is better at the game than you instead of working and improving yourself.