A Major Issue That Needs Attention

Would you be against a streamer mode? Where if you clicked a box it automatically censors your location it is difficult to block them all if not impossible without assistance from CCP. I am not asking ganking to be removed this discussion could be used to find viable solutions.

1 Like

How is this a problem? Are you telling us that CCP should police who gets to watch twitch streams now? How would you even enforce this? And again, a problem you create for yourself isn’t a problem that CCP needs to address.

I didn’t say that… You seem to like to put words in people’s mouth.

Stream sniping is an issue which prevents an entire player base from accessibility. It is very difficult to cover up all of the system locations in the game. Maybe implement a streamer mode that hides all system names aside from overlay, which then becomes your responsibility to blur.

Once again, streamers are not the issue the people who actively seek information off a third-party site to use for an unfair advantage are the issue.

This sentence is meaningless. I hope you realize that. “prevents an entire player base from accessibility”? What?

So… any “third party site” right?
Anyone who uses EVE University. Anyone who uses EVE market sites. Anyone who uses EVE Gatecamp checker. Websites like Zkillboard to find fits, or others to track wormholes. All of that is an issue too?

Now we’ve moved goalposts completely off the planet from your original claim that stream sniping is an issue. It really sounds like you don’t like ganking and want CCP to ban ganking, but don’t have any actual argument, and are latching onto stream sniping. And after having been called out on it, you’re moving goalposts to now talk about ANYTHING that uses a 3rd party site.

Just admit it, this thread is an anti-gank thread. It’ll be easier for everyone.

2 Likes

Hey,

I pay my subscription, I have the right to have my opinion. You are not going to change my opinion and I am not going to change yours and that is completely fine, but I also have the right to express my opinion on this forum to have my opinion heard by CSM members.

I honestly had a great time debating the issue it was alot of fun, but I am going to actually go play Eve now. Have a great night for real.

1 Like

And now we’ve completely left the subject and have switched over to nonexistent things like:

Friend, you don’t have a “right” to that. At best, it’s a privilege. But I know you’re only saying that because you don’t have any counter argument and want to default over to forum posting “rights” and stuff, lmao.

Edit: I’m not gonna bother reading what your response is since you’re one of those “muh rights” type of people. Already have you blocked. Good luck with whatever this little anti-ganking crusade you’ve got going on. Hope you have some better answers if CSM or CCP ask you anything about it.

1 Like

Oh I am sorry sir, I didn’t know that I am not entitled to my own opinion and didn’t have a right to express my opinion to the CSM.

They should really make your position of forum moderator more predominant on you posts.

1 Like

you can kick and scream all you want to the CSM, either the potential 16’ers or the current ones will most likely tell you that you are barking up a tree that doesn’t need to be barked up. @Brisc_Rubal @Mike_Azariah @Ashterothi

i’ve watched plenty of streams to know they can add stuff to their screen that can hide their location.

no need to add a “streamer mode” to a game where streaming is not even a priority.

1 Like

Are you a CSM Member or their private secretary? I didn’t know you spoke for the CSM, they should put that on your profile as well.

No, but @Geo_Eclipse_Oksaras does tend to make sure that some of us see things we might otherwise miss. I for one appreciate the heads up, especially when there are a lot of other threadnoughts in action.

Streaming. Yeah I have done it once or twice though I do not have a high enough profile to be sniped but I am fairly sure the regular high profile ones have setting to help hide where they are to make themselves somewhat less of a target. They also tend to not ‘give salt’ when ganked but laugh and continue on. Over reacting to a ship loss is the best way to make sure you are a continued target.

Lastly is the fact that the kill you linked was on 0.3 space. Even if the person was not streaming he was a fair and fat target. I mean seriously? A retreiver? why did you not just dress them in a deer costume and send them out in the woods during hunting season?

Funny thing, though. Eve DID have streamer support, it was not used enough to stay viable so it was removed. The veteran streamers use their own personalized masks and security measures. Some of which have been mentioned here and others are easy to find/observe on twitch.

0.3 retriever . . . .wow

m

5 Likes

That was in 0.9 space in the system of Ekura. One Jump outside of Amsen.

give him a break, he’s an old man… mistaking sec status of the capsuleer for the kill that was in .9 space :stuck_out_tongue:

@Mike_Azariah wanna borrow my glasses? :smiley:

1 Like

As the great philosopher Homer once said . . .

D’oh!

but it was still a retriever

m

1 Like

“Everyone look at me, I’m making a very easy target of myself, come visit me at Ekura VII - Asteroid Belt 3”

Streaming can be done in EVE, but if you don’t want to advertise your current location to potential enemies, do not advertise your current location.

Example of how to do it right:

As you can see in the picture above from Bjorn Bee’s stream, he strategically placed his face on top of the system and region name.

Of course you could still tell he’s somewhere in Caldari Low sec space because of the bright blue skybox and the Rorqual. And closer inspection on the gate names and sun name shows he’s in Nennamaila, Black Rise, but all of that is not visible at first glance and certainly not if you take the effort to blur the overview.

1 Like

Hahahaha his overview tells you exactly where he is in that picture. Additionally, he is not mining he is fighting a Phoenix.

I don’t stream Eve Online and I will never stream Eve Online, however I don’t believe turning on the stream give people the right to use that information in game to harass you.

I may be on the wrong side of this argument, but I feel like streaming is extremely beneficial to games and their communities. Before I play any game I pop into a stream to see if it’s for me. Science Fiction has a lot of fans and there is a vastly untapped market for this game. I also believe as far as science fiction goes this is easily the best game in the game.

So when the community kills new players the moment they finish the starter missions one jump out of the starting area “to teach them to harden up”. Sorry if I don’t applaud you behavior.

1 Like

Like I said, blur the overview and you cannot tell it from the overview either.

Anything gives you the right to kill players in EVE. Don’t make it even easier by streaming, unless that’s your intention.

2 Likes

PvP is not harassment, and with streaming you just scream to the world, here, I’m a target, come play with me. That’s the purpose of live streaming in a PvP multiplayer game, isn’t it?

No, that is why it is against the Streaming Platform’s ToS and is widely considered unethical behavior. Streaming is not an invitation for individuals to come harass the streamer.

It is however a way for to build communities and provides free marketing and advertising for the game.

2 Likes

Welcome to the PvP sandbox, where you have to care about your safety if you wish and can’t just cry to the devs if your are not left alone in an MMO.

Showing how to deal with that would be good marketing for the game, else it’s just showing a bad player as an example how to not doing it. Which can be entertaining too, but competent streams are certainly better.