He’s the best example I’ve ever seen of the “PVPer communication problem”. The symptom (both sides using exactly the same arguments) isn’t new, but Solstice is the best “mirror” ever and also the least aware of it.
For the first time, I wish I’d saved the various “high points” of this forum over the years so I could make “then and now” comparisons and show off some of the most “interesting” posts
Re your comments about bumping. I can’t give you much of an answer because they way I play EVE makes me almost immune to and bad effects of bumping (and, FWIW, or being ganked).
A bump-counter sounds like a good idea though, and at first glance it seems it would be easy to implement (the game must already know when a ship has been bumped, and what bumped it). So I like the idea, and it feels like a good match with “negative insurance”.
It looks like CODE are big on bumping too, which made me think the “antimatter containment release” idea might be useful after all: it would be an entertaining way to implement a self-destruct system for miners.
Imagine an optional “rapid energy and matter expansion release” module for jetcans, which implements the self-destruct system for miners. Naturally with some limits so they’re not too easy to re-purpose into weapons:
The effect is only available if it’s close enough to destroy out the ship that created the can, otherwise nothing happens
Both the radius of the effect and its intensity should be proportional to the market value of the ship
I have some wonderful Discord logs of him in action. After his latest rant at me in the Hisec thread I went and looked at them again for a laugh, the best being a discussion between him and another war dec discord over me after I left and it is a corker.
Absolutely, I try not to be like that but they force you into it, it is part of their game, but yeah, and he projects that on others too.
I have been doing screen prints of their rant posts and digs, Sol will actually post something really nasty, then delete once he sees the person he aimed it at start to type, so if you see anything aimed at you which is really nasty screen print it. I have about five and I also have the one he did at the ISD two days ago on a deleted thread. Which he then removed with the twenty-four hour delete function. He did that because if CCP Falcon had seen that he would have given him a forum ban, it is that bad.
Me too, I don’t use freighters in the pipes, only DST’s and I also use hisec to hisec WH’s with really expensive stuff or use something else to move small expensive stuff.
All I was trying to do was end this ability to bump the target for hours and the ability to totally control the battlespace, it is bad game play.
Any idea to make things fun for passive target should be implemented by CCP, part of the reason they lost so many hisec players is that they left it in a situation where the hisec player had to suck it and die and do so in a corner where everyone could laugh at him. Seems like a great way to keep most people interested…
Anyway keep posting, you are getting the personal attack treatment so they obviously have an issue with what you are suggesting and can only counter with that rubbish.
You missed the point. It IS already fun for a potential victim to avoid becoming one (I know first hand, as I’m playing both roles). That it’s not for many, is because people CHOOSE to have it too risky without backup.
To be a gank target is 99% because the victim chose to be one. This is no opinion, this is fact.
All the ignorant can do is, ask CCP for effortless bail-out-buttons or nerfs to non-consensual PvP, in case the risk you chose turns against you.
That is a rather incorrect assumption based on the fact that I know how to avoid being a victim. That is how I play, but I am time rich too which makes it very easy for me. You see I am not casual, for example I built a Nid, I moved all the parts from a hisec system to the lowsec system using two BR’s so that the local low sec pirates had no chance to get a kill. A couple of people said to me when I said that I had moved 156 capital parts this way. WOW! 78 actual runs…
Not at all, a lot of the time it comes down to the fact that the person is taking a risk because they don’t have enough time to play and spending time waiting around for a bumper to go elsewhere is not possible. As I keep saying when Eve is too difficult for casual play then there is an issue.
Why are you lot so damn angry, the issue is partially as you said, Eve is hard core and not for casuals, so as a result the number of active players is declining as people do not want to do this and those that did are getting old and losing interest.
How many people want to spend hours moving a helpless whale through hisec and call it fun? And I get called ignorant… And I get that from people who tell me that shooting a Citadel is too boring, WTF!
It’s yet one more hater on a mission to save the world from evil. There’s so many of these nutjobs living in their fantasy worlds nowadays, I wonder when it’s being declared an official mental illness.
Because this is not true. I’m considering myself a very casual player (not poster :p), I play only one char (this), login only if I see something fun to do, and can go offline for longer time whenever I want.
For example, I do my own space trucking, sometimes because I like the challenge to truck 15B of stuff from Amarr to Jita in a freighter solo. I do that via wormholes, If I find a suitable one when logging in, then this is my project for the evening. If not, and I need that stuff at Jita, I issue a hauler contract. Smaller stuff can be transported safely solo anyway.
I’m not sure what people expect, but if you are in a hurry (why?) and space trucking is not fun for you, then don’t do it, make a contract. It’s a game, don’t do it, if you don’t like it, do something else.
What’s important for the game is to keep options for both sides of a conflict and all types of activities, so players can choose. IMO the game is a magnitude more casual friendly then it was when I started 5 years ago. Citadels (safe home), jump clones without cooldown (moving in/out for the evening), clone soldiers (no grinding for sec status), just to name a few tools.
When I was first writing a reply to you I started to type that I used hisec WH’s to get around the gankers. But deleted it, again respect.
Because they are taking a risk and perhaps the fee for PushX or Red Frog means that all the effort they put in for the time they played is taken up by the courier package. I noticed that Kusion did courier contracts at one time for PushX (I am not sure I have the name right.)
It is called risk and reward, but it is basically that reward is so low that they take risks that people who know like you and me will not…
I disagree, I found it a lot easier to move stuff around hisec when I started as compared to now and any one who says otherwise is lying.
You have to defend that Citadel if you own it and if you don’t someone will just stop fuelling it and goodbye +5’s. The risk is different, that is what so many people miss.
I was going to go to Burn Jita to shoot people, but as I don’t have a citadel to change my clone I decided to leave my +5’s in and not bother. So much for content…, if only I had trained Lucas into the Thrasher….
I’m not sure we should be in this kind of exchange at all, but here we are /kek.
You’ve quoted a post where I concisely and accurately describe my EXE experience. And then this:
For your claim to be accurate, you have to find something I’ve posted that supports it. i.e. shows that I’ve claimed to be “an expert on the game”. To make it work you need more evidence too, but that one point is enough.
It’s up to you to supply some evidence for that. Let’s make it even easier - find anything at all I’ve said that even indirectly suggests I know things about EVE that I could not have learned via trials and/or publicly available information.
Good luck with your search!
BTW - please quote the text that you believe supports your claim, and also include a link. I’ll be checking for quoting out of context, cherry-picking, etc.
Easily mitigated, I don’t leave an expensive clone there over night.
That’s the point … knowledge … but everybody can get that too. Dumping the game down for people who are not willing to learn, is what I’m opposing.
It’s a difference if you see a post “I got ganked, how can I avoid it next time” versus “I got ganked, the game sucks, all gankers should be banned” … I see more often the second kind.
I understand that, however you have a shrinking pool of people to interact with.
I was in the AG channel and the majority of time all I saw was people saying the first comment and yet the gankers kept on saying that it was the second, it is called a narrative. If you look at the forums most of the people who say the second comment are alts of gankers.
That’s interesting… I’ve seen a lot of gankers post over the years that they don’t do it for money and profits, they do it for the kill mails and lols. I’ve even seen them post that it’s too hard to make a profit from ganking. So go ahead. Post more drivel about my sanity. I get a lot of laughs when you guys contradict your selves in attempts to justify forcing your selves on others.
Really. What’s your sample size compared to mine, as a ganker?
Did you consider that your personal experience might be related to your behaviour,
or the ganked person’s behaviour?
Regarding what you’re pointing at, was talking in general. I’m not even one of those who gank for money. It’s more like sports hunting for me, because I don’t use a scout and need to be outside all the time.
In general do gankers gank for money. It would be stupid if a legitimite source of income wasn’t pursued by someone. Those who gank for lols, well, gank for lols. That’s also a currency in my books, and I don’t care if they do so. You do, though, and that’s … well … your problem and definitely a problem.