A Request to CCP

When it comes to cynos, you’ll learn how to deal with them over time. This is one of my favourites.

So we (everyone on that killmail except for the NC. killwhore) were going to Baratar in response to a POCO of ours that had come under attack. When we were within a few jumps of our destination, that Pilgrim showed up, and started following us. We’d started getting into a habit of killing cynos and, as luck would have it, the biggest, slowest ship in our fleet was also loaded with ECM - my Scorpion.

Everyone else in the fleet went ahead of me, and I intentionally lagged behind. We basically all flew at the top speeds we could go in what we had. When I landed on Baratar gate, so did the Pilgrim, so I jumped through knowing full well I couldn’t align out in time on the other side, and he would grab me. That was the plan. The others were already landing on station in Baratar before I even got to the gate. His only option for tackle would be me.

As soon as I got through on the other side, while holding cloak, I selected the nearest planet on my overview. Then, with my fingers hovering over the F keys that would light every single ECM on my ship, I aligned to that planet. He decloaked and grabbed me very quickly, but I didn’t jam him right away. Nah, I waited until the supercaps started landing. There were a good half dozen on grid before I hit him with every jam I had, and warped off. Epic waste of fuel.

As soon as I landed, I aligned for the station my mates had gone to while they smack talked NC. in local telling em how bad they were, teasing them for faildropping a Scorpion of all things. They started to disappear from local, jumping back to wherever they came from. Maybe they thought they were safe from us because they’re a big nul corp and we’d be scared of what else they might jump through. We didn’t care. As soon as Pans was the last NC. in local, we warped to him and joined the sentry guns in blapping him. One capital came back a moment before he died, the one on the killmail. They take a really long time to lock anything though and he was easy to evade as we had nothing to kill him with at that time, not in a timely manner at least, and timing matters. Who knows how many cyno alts they could get to us in the local area.

Anyway, fun times. Wasn’t their last cyno that they failed to catch us on, and we killed, either. After a few weeks, they gave up trying to hot drop us. We were a little disappointed to say the least.

4 Likes

Kind of like a mobile home? But doesnt actually go anywhere.

Sorry but because it says mobile, doesnt mean it IS mobile. Right now how often are they used, vs how often they are used successfully in any meaningful manner?

I dont know I am genuinely asking.

It is mobile, though. You can carry it around with you. That’s the definition of mobile. A laptop is mobile but you don’t walk around typing on that, you sit at a desk or table, open the lid, and use it stationary. Doesn’t mean it’s not mobile.

1 Like

You can, walk around and type on it. I have seen it more than once.

The problem again i am seeing is, if it takes longer to setup the inhibitor than it takes to create a cyno field. Then what is the point? I am not saying reduce the setup time to around 10 seconds… but at least cut it in half.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVibtTjReu4

xxxx

Losing, who wants that, their perfect killboards might be effected, can’t have that, use the trump card, drop a cap on there posterior foraminis (hole), best thing to do, just walk away, let CCP know in no uncertain terms that you mean it, leave the game and go find another for a while, check in occasionally, but when you log in just station spin your ship.

Otherwise the only thing left is to completely and utterly give up on that activity, let those real carebears farm till their eyes bleed, they are like others, they do the same activity, gathering ISK to insane amounts and having it all, then look around at their gilded cage, alone and void of meaning.

2 Likes

Put 75% of your group into griffins. Jam their fighters, relish the tears and maybe kill a few fighters.

Otherwise, idk. Cap proliferation in the game is boring, if you cant get friends to cyno blob them back, then you probably would need to move in a less desirable area, or a WH.

That being said, having a cyno jammer drop a lot quicker would be nice.

6 Likes

This has already been explained to you. The point is to set it up in advance of a cyno being used in the vicinity that you’re operating in. It’s not tactical, it’s strategic. It is NOT intended as a deterrent against all cyno activations.

Do what I did. Move to HS. Let the ■■■■ in the cesspool stay with itself in the cesspool. Do not expect any balance in this direction. the game has been going opposite of that for a LONG LONG time now and will continue to do so.

1 Like

Man you are stuck on this.

All I am saying is cutting the activation time of a cyno inhibitor from its rather lengthy 2minutes to 1 minute. It isnt going to change the nature of the item, it will still be “strategic”, as you like to say. But it will at least be practical and “strategic”.

Right now it is just cumbersome and not worth the effort.

Honestly you must have just Googled that term “strategic” because you seem to like it a lot.

1 Like

I know exactly what you’re saying. I’m saying, it’s working as intended. Do not mistake or conflate disagreement or correction for ignorance. Mobile cynos are definitely worth the effort when they’re used on what they’re intended for. It’s your own fault if you can’t figure that out, and don’t ask for help, but whine and complain instead.

Like I said before, I dont have a dog in this race, so I dont care.

I do FW, not corp wars. And I do that quite poorly LOL.

If you have no stake then why argue? Seems to me you do have a stake, and don’t like being hotdropped in lowsec while you’re LP farming. You must be new here. Welcome to FW, and welcome to EVE.

1 Like

LOL Really.

Man you are getting spiteful.

Seeing as you mostly kill noobs… man must be good.

Yeah, all I kill is noobs. I’ve never had a hard fight against veteran PVP’ers ever, especially two at once, both with more SP and experience in this game than me..

1 Like

Let the rage flow through you…

The intellectual equivalent of ‘umadbro’, a surefire sign you’ve got nothing meaningful left to say and just want to get the last word. Go ahead, buddy. I mean, you could do the mature thing and admit that I’m far more capable at PVP than you assumed, and admit you were wrong. But I understand the need to throw a tantrum instead. Kids will be kids.

zoidberg-you-should-feel-bad

1 Like

Remiel Pollard’s meme launcher inflicting 3,489 points of morale damage on LouHodo’s Strategic Logic.