A Request to CCP

You could always get your own super and/or make more friends.

The problem about get your own or make more friends means that its a continual thing where both sides only play to increase their super strength, if one stops the other get’s too strong and dominates its not a healthy state for eve.

Would be much better to have multiple options to deal with situations such as being able to deni the enemy the ability to even deploy their supers until they have brought in their subcaps and removed the obstacle.

This type of change to eve would be a lot more healthy as strategy would be more important than brute force.

Another thing is that any type of cyno inhibition would need to be linked to squishy target’s such as dictors/heavy interdicter’s so that they can be removed without the need for supers in the first place, compared to it being attached to structures in general making it overpowered.

1 Like

I propose countermeasure ship module for cynosural field. This module would prevent activation of cyno module of target ship but would not stop already activated cyno module from running. This module could require fair amount of CPU so using it would be difficult.

Comments are welcome for my idea!

1 Like

Hmm I would propose that it could stop an already lit cyno module as its very easy to decloak and immediately hit cyno, unless ofc cyno modules has a spool up time for 30 seconds before it lights or something this gives enough time to counter it, but if the deadline is missed boom GG :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you imagen the screaming on com’s CYNO CYNO CYNO someone probe that $%^$%$^ quickly! would be amazing.

Needing to kill the ship first only limit’s what force’s can deni someone from cyno’ing as the size of the opposing force would need to reach a dps high enough to kill a heavy interdictor within 6 seconds, which is quite a bit of dps and very limiting for smaller fleet’s, hence a module makes more sense for balancing purposes.

Perhaps cyno module should have activation time like 10-30 seconds. This would make using cyno module more difficult too. Activation time = time after cyno is active.

1 Like

Not healthy for EVE?

Wrong.

Large fleet battles are one of EVE’s hallmarks, any WOW clone can have a 20 person battle.

I never said people can’t have huge battle’s i’m saying numbers shouldn’t be the deciding factor lol

The problem is bringing a friend usually helps. It is kind of like an arms race, but where the race is not a particularly good one. Each side benefits, but overall both sides lose out in that we end up in extreme tidi. But neither side wants to give up the advantage of bringing one more X to the fight.

And since the philosophy of EVE is that it is an open classless system that is described as a sandbox, putting something like an artificial limitation on that is contrary to that philosophy. And it could likley be gamed as well. If you put a system limit say N in place, then it becomes a race to see who can get N to N first. And…sadly, us Goons are pretty good at what we call Hell Camping–i.e. we get into a system with large numbers and maintain them for an extended period of time.

Any kind of system of rules or policies, IMO, can eventually be gamed. Especially when you have hundreds or even thousands (and IRL millions) of people looking for that “loop hole”. In fact, some of CCP’s past nerfs have likely been to close such loop holes (tracking titans, drone assist with boot carriers, etc.).

2 Likes

Fair enough, but mechanics could always spice things up a bit and make fights that are impossible now sort of possible in the future.

You meant to write, guys with many currency that use many accounts to press FONE and using cheat-stix to help their many account armies along.

The fact is that skill has nothing to do with it, since those life forms do not have any skill, nor intelligence.

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha…

You wanted to say, whomever brings the muchestestestestestestest alts wins.

1 Like

The only game I know that encourages you to have as many alts as possible. (yes you cyno alt that can’t be lit on the same account)

I used to fly in a small 0.0 corp and we got aoe doomsdayed by a titan it was hilarious. What a waste to blast 6 ships… The game claims to have balance between hull sizes until you get to caps then its gg…

1 Like

No, that is pretty much what I said, although it doesn’t really matter if they are alts or not.

Exactly how many layers of gameplay does EVE even need?

So… big blue donut?

As for everyone’s war stories, actually engaging lots of supers pretty much requires other caps right now. The natural enemy of carriers is to jam/damp out the fighters so they can’t hit anything, followed by guidance disrupting them so they don’t apply. Supers’ other notable weaknesses are jump fatigue and incredibly slow warp speed, which are kind of hard to exploit on defense unless you can pick a fight away from their objective. Once they’re on grid with their objective, can’t really do much besides run away or N+1 them. If they’re shield supers, you can neut out their hardeners. The other thing you can do is try to separate their fighters, meaning warp bubbles.

1 Like

Not necessarily. First off you’d be shooting other NS entities…that is not exactly blue. And if you have capitals to shoot you could rely on “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” kind of thing.

Severely throttling the mineral supply would do that. Effectively infinite resources. I’m not sure how you get CCP to do that, though, since they gave the Rorqual to the null blocks for maximal mineral production.

Then honestly, you don’t belong in the sandbox, numbers have to matter, especially when they are grossly different. Those other players worked hard to get their supers, they out PvPed you before the first cyno ever opened.

Technically that would be out PvE’ed then lol.

2 Likes

Umm… no.