A Small Action to Change a Lot

I think CCP should introduce unscannable “Stealth Containers” of various sizes, available only in the NES store for :credit_card: PLEX and the larger the container the more it costs. Issue solved. Everyone’s happy. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

/s

1 Like

Keep cargo scanners in-game, make cans immune in relic and data sites - that makes perfect sense, and doesn’t effect ‘content’ while solving space junk problems.

4 Likes

Absolutely this, spot on.

@DeMichael_Crimson

Also I do rather like the freighter cans that cannot be scanned idea, make them lose a bit of cargo capacity due to the technology and people have another choice. I think that was an excellent idea and sets up counter play.

This is one more nerf comedy gold.

You seem a bit one more nerf salty like to suggest it like that, are you a friend of @Solstice_Projekt He is a man thing he scares Atrons off grid…

2 Likes

Before jumping to false conclusions perhaps read my other posts in this thread? Then you would realize how flawed your assumption is. :wink:

1 Like

Your previous posts were pretty good and balanced. Hopefully you were having a dig at the gankbears with the post I detailed above., though tying things in to CCP’s income approach with plex is a bit meh. Sorry if I mis-read it.

1 Like

This is a good drama thread.

It have everything, from shitfaced rogue misfits to white knighting paladins. :ok_hand:

/cloaks up

I deliberately added /s to the end of my post to indicate it is sarcasm just in case the emotes are not enough indication. :stuck_out_tongue:

/unlocaks you with a bunch of corpses :skull:

/Is already invulnerable, warping away

Thank you for the urban dictionary quote and comment about sarcasm, but I still think that doing a post like that tying it in with the income stream of CCP in terms of an item that should be in the player market is uncalled for and does make you look a bit salty about the game and CCP as a whole.

Sorry but that is just what I felt from reading that post, from my perspective it had @Solstice_Projekt levels of salt in it.

1 Like

It’s not THAT thread.

Mentioning the direction of CCP constantly heading towards EA practices in a jokingly manner (at least in my case) has nothing to do with saltiness, it is just that, a joke, a recurring one at that. You can check this post of mine to see more examples:

Though one might still view it as being out of bitterness or whatnot, it is simply my sense of humor and enjoy these types of jokes, as evidenced by my Steam profile:

Though it is true I do not agree with the EA-fication of EVE but that is just that, a disagreement, I am not invested in EVE nor the type of person to become bitter over a game. I am playing since last January and am an alpha on all my accounts, only PLEXED my main to can train the expanded skillset and do so by mostly stealing stuff in Jita so not even had to grind for my PLEX just sit around and steal stuff when having an opportunity to do so.

You can even read my guide to see how I view the game and see what type of personality I am which further proves my honest intentions and lack of bitterness:

If you question my honesty, which of course you can do then obviously you won’t believe a single word of mine so there is that. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I can still remember when the did that one nerf which had a slight impact at ag (wreck HP) and you got so salty over it you invented like 10 conspiracy theories about it and ran away to nullsec :joy::joy:

Such a little white-knight

1 Like

Look I don’t really want to derail this thread more than the gankbears have already done so, but a recurring joke on this subject does indicate real feeling in most cases. The thing is many of us do understand the issue with loot boxes and the like and recognize that CCP is a business which does try to stick to its roots more than any other company.

It is not so much questioning your honesty, but if you keep making the same joke, then you might have an issue there.

1 Like

Well then all I can think of is you projecting your own mindset on me, because it seems you think the only reason someone telling a joke is because of some hidden (or not so hidden) personal attachment to the subject and no other explanation possible.

So if someone finds a theme or subject funny and brings it up for a lighthearted laugh when it fits the subject, in your opinion is only and no other reason possible because the person has a deep feeling about it. It is a possibility of course and not here to convince you otherwise but you state is as the correlation is 100% guaranteed, this logic itself is very flawed and prejudicial and is such beyond reason. An overreaction of sorts.

1 Like

He always does that. Look how desperately he tries to project tears onto everyone.

1 Like

There is no point flogging a dead horse, I stepped away with an apology you double downed with a sarc definition, so I explained why I said it and off you went again.

I am not projecting on you, you obviously see Plex as pay to win , well it is and always has been, it is also an important income stream for CCP.

I don’t care so much about this type of thing, I have changed my game play numerous times to account for nerfs and buffs, there is so much depth in this game that you can do it which is why I am still playing it after so many years.

And all these people who get salty over things, for example @Ima_Wreckyou is very salty over skill injectors, I have no issue with them, I am at 165m SP and I believe it keeps people in the game with more exciting content earlier.

@Solstice_Projekt is salty over the loss of can flipping.

And you have a thing about plex and EA.

Inject your shite, get into a dread and blast something, FFS…

And do you know why they hate the unscannable cargo can suggestion, well it is simple, people like me will fund a number of people going up and down the pipes with freighters with those cans in and it will drive them nuts. You see it is all about the value in the exchange in terms of what you killed and what you lose. So in their case (unless they exploited the duel system) they will lose out on ganking a freighter massively and it scares the hell out of them.

1 Like

Never said PLEX or even a cash shop in games in general is what I disagree with. To make it clear, pay2win features only available in a cash shop is what I consider bad practice. Personally no affect on me due to my playstyle, that still doesn’t mean I don’t find such a concept ridiculous, and thus funny as well.

No issue with PLEX on its own, no issue with skill injectors either to be honest, and as a permanent alpha I have no issue with the two clone states either. Many people complain about these things (one or several of them) or stuff like ganking in general and non-consensual PvP and many such subjects. They are all part of the sandbox.

And yes CCP must make money otherwise the game will disappear. Nobody (should) want that. But there is a difference between selling non-game breaking things (even boosts not just “cosmetics” and such) in a cash shop and outright game breaking ones. That is the difference.

My jokes are not about any of that (non-game breaking) or PLEX in general, they are simply about cash shop victory boosts. Some may disagree but a shortcut to a skill boost especially with diminishing return at higher skill levels is no issue in my eye. I see why some may disagree and have no complaint against their disagreement, I see their logic but I see no issue with the concept either. I can be wrong and in the end the practice may even hurt EVE in the end, but currently don’t see it as such, I think it’s fine, but I can be wrong though.

What my jokes focus on are the way EVE is heading toward the cash shop method to buy victory boosts or simply bringing up the concept, both case simply for the laughs, nothing more.

Ever heard of the Golden Ammo in World of Tanks? Yeah, now that is a hilarious concept, it is funny when Jim Sterling mentions it in his videos, and it is funny when anyone else makes a joke about it, even when I myself do so.

It always brings a smile on my face or outright make me laugh. That’s all.

1 Like

Totally agree with you.

Agree with you here too.

Total agreement here with you.

So I go back to my original sorry when you put me right the first time and I hope I explained why I said it like that.

Oh god yes and that is why I never played WOT.

I pay for two subs and I enjoy this game. I am not keen on the Trig things to be honest as they get a bit close to the mark, but I have them as being similar to purple items, so have grit my teeth on it… There you go…

Anyway can we end this exchange?

2 Likes

No. It would dumb down the freight business into a pure pinatas shipping endeavor. Smart players will avoid such cans, stay open to scanners and load up responsibly, while your supposedly counter player gets ganked for the simple fact of using these cans in the first place. It only seems smart, like wearing underpants on the head to look funny, but you’re really just a guy with underpants on your head who tries to look funny. Gankers will always have weapons to shoot you. That’s what you have to deal with. They will use them no matter what and they will shoot at you just for the chance of loot, because that’s what they already do when loot drops - it’s a chance roll. Your best chance to survive is to put your cards on the table and not try to hide them.