A Year Ago I Was Ridiculed For Suggesting BCs For Alphas

My income has kept pace and I can earn the PLEX needed to subscribe my accounts a lot more easily today than I could even a year ago but that’s not the point.

A new player still starts with the same 5,000 ISK in their wallet.

3 Likes

Inverse for me, but as you say, its besides the point and cos Im too stubborn to do anything else.

DED running for modules aint what it used to be…
Im constantly surprised data/relic exploration hasnt depreciated, despite the enormous amount of players running them.

1 Like

Why’s that not the point?

You’re saying its easier to earn isk and so PLEX prices are higher.

Plus newbros dont have to buy it all in one go.

Im not seeing the problem.

ANd no, once theyve done the Tutorials and Beginner Agents they have a net worth of at least 20m.

1 Like

Doesnt matter if they buy 500 at once, or in increments.

He said they start with 5k isk.

1 Like

Of course it does.

Yes, except under no metric known to man is this true.

How does it matter?

You cant sub with PLEX until you have 500.
What does it matter if you buy them all at once, or in increments?

So how much isk does a new account start with?

2 Likes

I think CCP is hoping to get Alphas more involved in PVP fleets by letting them fly the hardware needed to fully participate in those fleets. They are also on record that they want to encourage Alphas to get involved in group activities rather than solo play.

Ratting in a battleship is a solo activity and a moon mining fleet should be a group activity so I’m not sure their latest shot hit the target. I think they could foster more group play if they let Alphas fly barges to mine moon ore but don’t let excavator drones mine moon ore!

2 Likes

“Hope” being the operative term.
I very much doubt either of those will be the outcome.

In the same way any service that allows you to buy something over time makes it more affordable. You get a bit at a time, especially when its cheap like now.

This is going to boil down to you not accepting any other assets than wallet at the start of the player-ship being spawned, isnt it?

Because no matter what, you are going to discount selling the ship and the bounties that you get even though you cannot exit the fist scenario without claiming them, arent you.

And also events and promotions, but again, Im guessing that wont count because you arent the one making the point?

1 Like

My point was the new player “then” and the new player “now” start in pretty much the same place. The career missions and other new player content don’t pay any more today than they used to - and yes, new players do start with 400K SP rather than the 50K we used to get but that won’t have much impact on income potential.

1 Like

Its no more affordable, either way.
Makes no difference if you buy them one a time, or buy 500 at once with your saved up isk.

Its all he said. New toons start with 5k isk.
He never claimed any more, nor less.

His only point/claim, was that new toons start with 5k isk.

Of course it does. It only wouldnt make a difference if everyone’s income was the same over the same time, which it isnt.

Yup, nothing about a wallet. New character’s Isk value is higher than 5k.
Again, you make a semantic argument to support an inaccurate reading of the actual bottom line.

1 Like

Sigh…

He said new toons start with 5k isk.
Are you saying that is false?
Brb, Ill start a new toon to see how much isk I start with.

You do what you want.

Playing ignorant for comedy effect is serving no purpose for this topic.

Ok Salvos whatever you say, Assets dont matter, only wallet.

None of which refutes that a new toon starts with 5k isk.

Wierd how you can say “all isk is not paid for” and use events to support that, but “all new characters start with 5k” somehow doesnt bother you, even though the inaccuracy is the same.

You choose which absolutes you challenge and which you dont based on who is making the statement.

You mean “all PLEX”, I assume.
And no, it isnt, unless CCP is indeed sourcing Buddy/Reward PLEX from confiscated stockpiles.

You claimed he was wrong that new toons start with 5k isk.
You are the one that is wrong, as indeed they do start with 5k isk.

Own that, instead of dancing around it.

I dont care who makes it. If its a false statement, I will call them on it.

1 Like

You can argue the semantics of it all you wish, but we both know that new characters can accumulate PLEX more easily and start the game with more Isk now than they have at any time, with the exceptions of events and promotions when they had more.

And thats a total lie, man. Simple as.

That’s false.
They still start with 5k isk.
No more, or less isk, than before.

1 Like

You are playing the old fake-game, by applying meaningless % numbers. Let me give you some basic math: the difference between 500B and 600B is 100B, right? That’s +20% if you base it on the 500B. Now, the difference between 1000B and 1100B happens to be 100B too, but that’s only 10% if you base it on the 1000B.

That’s the mistake you made. You need to either take the same base value or look at absolute numbers. In fact, you’d also need to take a look at numbers we don’t have: amount of active players per month. From what I heard there used to be many more players a few years ago, which further ridicules your explanation.

There you go, you are welcome. On top of that, I prefer official statistics by CCP and I really don’t need your graphs.

and now take a look at

you will find that the absolute growth in Money Supply in Nov17 would have been even greater, weren’t 27.7 Trillion ISK leaving the game together with the players who hold them.

Everyone who takes a look at the MERs will laugh about you at this point.

2 Likes