A Year Ago I Was Ridiculed For Suggesting BCs For Alphas

That’s precisely the point. The insane growth in money supply makes it harder and harder for new players to gain traction in the game.

CCP could do a number of things here. For instance, they could bind the prices on NPC Markets, i.e. Skill Books, to the price of PLEX in ISK, which of course they can’t do without fking over new players. Still, it is odd that these prices don’t change.

Progressively Taxing bounties by CONCORD would be another solution and there are many more.

CCP actively supports professions when it needs to. Relics are supported by the salvage required to construct upwell structure rigs.

1 Like

Might be connected to the ridiculously low value of these sites if you count in time spent to find them and the level of activity you need to run them. Compare the hourly income of running Forsaken Hubs in a VNI and running Relic Sites in Null. The time spent to find new Relic Sites will let you semi-afk run a few FHubs.

Errr, yes they start with 5000 ISK nonetheless. Tutorials and Beginner Agents take active game time, so they don’t get anything for free. Both require active playstyle, unlike semi-afk ratting FHubs, Havens or whatever.

New players do not have any assets other than the free Corvette anyone gets at any time.

That’s a completely different thing. You are changing the topic here in order to avoid proving your statements. But okay, I’ll go with it: new players can absolutely not play the game normally to PLEX their account. They’d need to make upwards of 1.6B in profits per 30 days, which only leaves them with the option to ignore any other aspect of the game, train up for a VNI and spend all their time ratting Forsaken Hubs. That isn’t playing the game, that is the game playing you.

3 Likes

There are a great deal of regulars you can blame for conveniently “ignoring” mistakes made by their buddies and/or ganging up on antagonists even when they know that antagonist is right.

I’m not one of them.

I’m not singling you or anyone else out for special treatment.

And Salvos will not point out that every statement youve made is inaccurate because of reasons he will presently make up.

Hey who am I to argue with the best Signal Antennae Putter-Upper in the western world.

The man is single handedly saving the world, didnt you know?

Uh huh sure.

Thats why you never pick holes in Dinsdale’s posts, they are so full of truth lol.

Whatever you say man, you are the master of all things after all.

Meh, its still a fair bit of isk and its a very popular activity.

I expect its more because, unlike DED modules, relic/data loot are sunk via a different mechanic that isnt as reliant on ship/module destruction.

So cos I dont engage Dinsdale, that means I’m singling you out?

Ramona, Ill just as glady agree with you when I do.
But in this case you tried to twist what he said about new toons starting with 5k isk.
New toons start with 5k isk. Period.

PS: If you dont get the Monty Python reference, you wont ever understand Dinsdale.

Sounds like someone had an unhappy New Year :frowning:

1 Like

Can you explain why that 5000 is signifigant when it will increase before even getting to a market?

When before you can spend a single one a player will have alrwady increased it and is provided with a free ship to a value of more than a shuttle?

And yes you single very specific people out; the fact you argue on a semantic point rather than the already known outcome with a particular specific group of people demonstrates this. This group are no more or less likely to type a sentence you have difficulty with their interperation of, whether its grammar or definition.

If I said “CCP never intended people to live in wormholes” would you agree or disagree?

1 Like

They start with 5k isk.
Period. Not one more or less isk than that.

Corvettes arent worth more than shuttles.
I can generate an infinite amount of Corvettes, as can everyone else.

No offense, but you overestimate your significance to me.
I dont treat you any differently than I would anyone else.
Frankly, I think its you that is singling me out.

I would disagree.
I dont understand why you ask.

Just admit new toons start with 5k isk, and we can move on.

OK youll have to explain to me why I can sell them for more than shuttles. Im assuming you are taking a different meaning of “worth” in this instance.

Thats not an answer to the question. But then Im used to you not having to live up to your own demands on others.

You are always first to reply to me, not the other way around. You instigate it, every time.

Your memory is too good for that to be the case.

Where can you sell a Corvette for more than a Shuttle?
Is there a Corvette market that Im unaware of?
I can sell you as many Corvettes as you can afford to buy.

You are the one that claimed he was wrong to state new toons start with 5k isk.

Could be. I havent kept track. You are just one of dozens of people I post to on this board in response to their posts.

In this case, my memory fails me.
Have I claimed CCP did not intend for people to live in WHs?

Just admit that new toons start with 5k isk, and we can move on.
That doesnt mean they dont start with more SP than before, and have Tutorials etc to earn more on.

Jita for starters

When I said “sell” I meant that someone would buy it.

You are aware that you can generate a new Corvette out of thin air simply by re-entering a station in your pod, right?

I guess those buy orders are my tiny brain misinterperating what Im seeing.

Holy ■■■■. You are right.
People are infact buying Corvettes.
Touche on that :smiley:

But, still, a new toon starts with 5k isk :wink:

That Corvette isnt isk until you sell it.

1 Like

Thanks.

2 Likes

Damage has already been done the moment people like Chribba came into the play. Think about how much ISK he makes a day just by doing 3rd party deals. He can buy as much as PLEX as he wants and it still won’t make a dent in his wallet.

That’s the price of having a player-run economy.

Free market at its finest.

It’s great!

You can’t believe, but I offered, like 6 months ago, to unlock T2 frigates for Alphas and CCP still keep it locked :frowning:

Also, let the alpha clones to drive one or two T2 frigate and one mining barge at least. Because they with their limited T1 crap can’t made some serious impact on EVE economy.

Finally, the price of PLEX (500 PLEX) always will be normalized (anticipated) to average ISK amount made through ISK/hour of in game mechanic during a month. So, new players will grind for a half plex/month while advanced players will grind for two-three plex/month no matter what are they doing.

Topic: What do you anticipate the market price for PLEX to adjust to?

What do you anticipate the market price for PLEX to adjust to? - EVE New Citizens Q&A - EVE Online Forums