Abandon self entitlement embrace the stoicism!

They can only minimalize their chances to become a gank target, but being smart never ever made someone impervious to gank in all circumstances, this have to be said loud and clear in tutorial.

That has nothing to do with what I just said, but thanks.

Did you know that we can mine on the test realm?

How about instead of locking new players into this idea that they have to go use a venture to do anything, we give them a catalyst and tell them they can get their minerals back if they go vaporize the idiots that stole them.

And then when the “bad guys” assplode their catalyst, we teach them the value of having friends to help them. Two valuable lessons in one mission.

1 Like

Overall, more exhaustive descriptions and exercises from defence and attack strategies and tactics should be brought up in tutorial, making it suitable for even veterans coming back to the game.

I see that many of you take the new players for children and backassward idiots. You all talking about “lessons” that can easily be found on YouTube and the other dozens of websites just waiting for a new player to read and learn.
You all talking about the kind of players who have no clue because they were too damn lazy to find the information in the first place.
I say those players deserve to be ganked and ripped off.
Unless you want to turn EVE into Hello Kitty Online.
None of those things were in the NPE when WE started and yet here we are merrily playing the game without much salt. I don’t see why the other players, new or not, cannot do that.
You all are putting yourselves on a pedestal, not just Aiko.

3 Likes

Lol. When I’m a newbie. I want to destroy every one and want every alliance in nullsec collapse, I want new eden to burn but I realized that my expectation was unrealistic.:smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

Not every noobie is the same. When I was new player my only expectation was to make enough ISK to afford to buy ships and modules. I suspect there are as many expectations as there are noobies.

1 Like

That’s my point. Not every newbie are innocent. Many of them already played video games bloodier than eve online.

1 Like

Yes that’s my point.

1 Like

Your position is completely invalid.

That method you get only disappointed and scarred people, like soldiers not receiving training but sent into battle like bunch of cattle.

How people will search on their own about something they dont even know how to call, or that it exists?

1 Like

I don’t actually want the NPE to warn new players about griefer space bully terrorists.

I just wanted to make it clear I would allow this, but it’s the carebear whiteknights who are opposed to the idea, cuz they are so afraid it might legitimize PvP. God forbid the NPE actually suggest that a new player go out and kill a Venture! What horrors might be unleashed if CCP told new players they could set their Safety to red and HUNT carebears. These whiteknights claim to represent the interests of new players, but they are actually just scared of enabling new players to actually do well in EVE. The last thing they want is a bunch of newbros who think its ok to PvP.

3 Likes

Anyone starting anything new that requires a time or money investment.

Its called research.

1 Like

It’s called reading. All they’d have to do is type “EVE Online Wiki” on Google and they’d be rewarded with undreds of webpages just begging to be read. As they read they will encounter terms and they can then Google those terms to get more precise information and hence pursue deeper knowledge of the subject they’re reading about.
Then there are hundreds of YouTube videos that can teach them or at least show them anything from how to PvE to Manufacture to PvP and what ships they have to use for that.
The NPE is merely an introduction. The real knowledge they have to dig for.
Laziness is only rewarded with frustration.
Curiosity is rewarded with knowledge.

Thank you.

1 Like

No one is a “terrorist” is EVE. We’re all players trying accomplish goals facilitated by game mechanics. Some players have goals to shoot anything that moves, that’s their prerogative, it’s completely fine and the “Carebears” can eat their own shorts, who cares.

You would “allow” it, eh? LOL Well, thank you, your highness.
PvP is one of two aspects of EVE Online. Those who don’t like it better look for another game to play. PvP doesn’t need to be legitimized, it simply is EVE… or EVE is PvP.

I would hope a new player could figure that out within a couple of days. That’s why I stress going out online and look for information. Anyone going into EVE thinking they will be able to play unmolested has another thing coming, lol.

Maybe. And maybe they’re just soft-hearted or just want more players to stay in the game and not rage-quit so they can have more members for their corporations.
Regardless. EVE is harsh Environment and it wouldn’t be EVE if it weren’t. Those carebears and whiteknights better wake up to the reality of this game or they will just continue to whine while we just continue to make fun of them.

I wouldn’t put down Hello Kitty Online like that. By many standards, that game was more hardcore than EVE Online even with the absence of any form of PvP combat. I played it a lot back in the day, and let me tell you: some of the gossip around the tea house was more brutal than any EVE war I’ve ever been in.

3 Likes

:joy: OMG that’s funny!!

they’d be rewarded with undreds of webpages just begging to be read.

You dont understand.

It is natural that in case of abilities and knowledge, which everyone can get, the people starting:

1. do not see their own low level of abilities and knowledge,
  2. cant correctly assess the level of abilities and knowledge in themselves,
  3. cant correclty assess the level of abilities and knowledge in others,
  4. recognize and see their low level of abilities and knowledge in case of apriopriately directed study.

It’s called reading .

But still you first have to know what to read. There is no reference point when you see it all in beginning. You need to be directed.

In case of CCP, when developers dont know what their game is actually, and how you can actually play it (for example mistakes in the birthday quiz), which is the worst outcome possible for MMO, tutorial and cerefull explanation would have to be prepared by players and always being brought up to players in game, in tooltips and info windows. So when devs would see it, they could learn actually about their own game. Of course it would have to be localized for every language also.

So you are saying no one ever learned about something before starting it.

Interesting theory. Wrong, but interesting.

1 Like

This is strawman. I never wrote that.

Its more effective and time efficient to take directed courses at beginning or having a reference point inside game, preferably in tutorial.