ABYSS abusing

Alts will not help as you have a 20 min timer and will have to pop out anyway. If there are 2-3 players waiting for you outside the only thing your alt will tell you is “ let the abyss crash you, at least they will not get the loot and killmails”. The bottom line is that this was advertised as a solo pve content for 20 mins during your lunch” when in fact you have to be in a group that can protect you on exit.

1 Like

Oh please, why is it not right ? Why shouldn’t it work like that ? Because you sir said so ?

I saw a lot of people on the forum complaining that the stuff you can get in Abyssal Deadspace (out of BPC I guess, but I never saw anyone talking about them) like the Zero or the Iso-10 isn’t worth a lot (well, the prices aren’t stabilised yet, but eh). So if you want to gank a guy coming out of the pocket with the Suspect flag simply to get one mil, yeah, better hunt AFK miners with cheap stuff and get CONCORD on your arse.

Or if you want easy kills join a lowsec Corp and do some FW in blob.

Actually, what they are doing is avoiding the intended consequences of leaving a higher tier site.

When there is someone waiting outside, after doing the required work to find the dungeoneer, the dungeoneer avoids the intended consequence of running that site in highsec by jumping into a lower tier site and waiting for the timer to run out.

The point of the suspect timer, after running a higher tier site, is to balance the reward. Circumventing the intended consequence completely causes an unintended, unbalanced economic effect.

You fail at being objective, you hater.

Do you have more than a one liner, written in an objective perspective instead of your underhanded attacks hiding behind pretended level-headedness?

If so … write them. If not, then you have nothing more to say about this anyway… right?

10 Likes

Frankly, it is just a wrong advertising, it should not have been advertised as a new solo pve content during your lunch for 20 mins. It pretty much creates a “come and gank me location “ in the hi sec, since you have a suspect flag, even your friends will face the consequences of trying to protect you.

You lack imagination.

Regardless, no one is going to be there when you return to normal space. The tedium in scanning down signatures is going to grow old fast and there will be a handful of people trying and they won’t stray far from the busy core systems. I think the only legitimate risk is that someone notices that you are suspect and assumes you are running high tier sites, then follows/stalks you until you run another to ambush you on exit.

If you aren’t comfortable with that, you can run the lower tier sites on your lunch break and retain complete CONCORD protection. This is how the game is suppose to work - risk vs. reward - and the design is completely intentional that you can’t retain all the safety of CONCORD and have unfettered access to the high tier sites. Every player has to decide what level of risk they are comfortable with, and if you are uncomfortable with the riskier sites, then stick with the safer ones.

Again though, stop worrying about the ganker boogie man. Apparently T4s are having an 80% success rate while T5s only a 60% success rate, so even if players figure them out better, you are still far more likely to die in the site than to have some ganker stumble upon you and catch you after you exit.

8 Likes

Well… The desired outcome is partially achieved: returning player with whatever state of ship needs to go back to new dungeon without any repairing.

But yeah, second part is not.

Well… In any case that was nice “emergent gameplay” and it will be loss if players lose this ability.

2 Likes

People, who spread the idea of g<nkers being literally everywhere. This guy feels completely random, unaffiliated and true to his word, really believing this. Of course does he lack evidence, unless he has personal experience he simply projects onto everyone, but still…

Aside from those who project, there are also those who actively pretend,and there must also be those who simply believe it, because they have heard it … maybe, maybe not, spiced with “individual evidence”.

I think, what would help player retention quite a bit, would be getting rid of hardcore carebears from rookie corps and the help channel.

1 Like

By using the game mechanics, and being clever. Which I applaud.

It is not exactly a lot of work to scan down, but whatever.

Understand that and I am expecting it to be changed and overall rightly so, but I hope it does not make people too easy to catch because surviving a level 5 in itself is not easy, but the comment:

Is key to this.

I was not even trying to be objective here, I just found it funny. As for calling me a hater, that is a bit strong isn’t it? I spend a good part of my time chuckling, which is as it should be.

I treat people as they have treated me, simple rule to apply, and the funny thing is that they get butthurt, many can dish it out but cannot take it, and I find that most amusing.

But this gets close to my point of view for what it is worth of course:

Oh and there is a counter:

but all your hunter needs to do is drop a mobile depot within 1000KM (yes, 1000) of your tear to prevent you from reentering a new one.

In which case leave it as it is, because there is a counter.

3 Likes

How so, when the outcome for literally everyone ends up to be 100% predictable once the word spreads out enough? It’s fun for a bit and a few, but needs to be patched out when there is an approaching danger of everyone doing it. That is CCP’s modus operandi. Always has been.

Well… in case of ship bumping it ended differently.

But yeah, i agree that this will be “fixed”.

1 Like

A failed mechanic isn’t emergent gameplay. There is no window for player interaction under the current system.

That said, I am sure there will be a whole host of tricks Abyssal site runners will come up with to throw off potential hunters. Real emergent things that we can actually praise as clever. I mean looters and can thieves already have a collection of tricks to minimize the risks of being suspect, and I am sure there will be some more added to reduce the risk of being caught.

There will be a window of opportunity for real game play to go on, rather than a 100% safe mechanism to avoid meaningful interaction. That is the whole point of the suspect flag in the first place.

Exactly. Ivorider system has 134 kills on killboard. From all the time, that killboard records. What chances are, that there will be ganker waiting? And there are more safe high sec places, where no one missioning, mining etc… They are boring as nothing else part perfectly safe for Abyss diving. I serously doubt anyone will wait for diver even in Sileperer, and that is the system few jumps from Jita, mind you :wink:

3 Likes

@Kijper_Sky

ohhhh … no easy kills for you poor guy … rofl …
too funny …

JuuR

2 Likes

It’s funny when the game mechanic works into PVE’s favor. Isn’t it?

Who asks for nerfs?

2 Likes

I noticed this mechanic on SiSi, like 3 weeks ago we were able to open Abyss portals near Stations also. I didn’t tested it on TQ. I’m intrigued that DEVs didn’t changed this before the release…

Someone said that they can drop a Mobile Depot to stop them from escaping into another tear, is that true, if so what is the issue?

Classic eve online scrubs. I personally would prefer ccp to think about these loop holes and create more of them. It certainly would make the game more interesting. e.g. the group of people that worked out how to use the negative effects of wormholes in their favor. This was great gamer intuition but sadly a few vocal people got their own way and it was deemed an exploit.

I say no - this makes gaming more interesting and rewarding.

1 Like

lol, that is as stupid as claiming the group that was producing moon goo out of thin air was being clever. Some things are clear exploits. That being said, diving into a new site seems to fit the “emergent gameplay” standard (esp. if that can be blocked by anchoring a depot in space).

1 Like

I assume you confused km with m. :stuck_out_tongue:

There is even more confusion in that post … simple question did anybody try to place a depot or tractor unit next to filament beacon to the success of preventing another trip of the abyss runner in same spot?

2 Likes