ABYSS abusing

:laughing::+1:

No idea. But I was able to open the portal at 2500 m distance from dropped Cargo Containers.

1 Like

Perhaps you guys are forgetting the times when big name corps found out if you lived in a WH with effects that reduced your optimal range, and then you range dampened each other hard enough, the negative math would break and you suddenly had unlimited optimal and could wreck with short range guns out to 300km.

CCP heard about the game breaking math bug, and congratulated them on it.

They aren’t going to punish people for exiting one site and ducking right back into another. That’s just “using the game mechanics to your advantage.”

1 Like

I would have to believe that this will be fixed by CCP in relatively short order.

Except if someone would use it to escape CONCORD you would suddenly be on the oposite end of the discussion and demand it being fixed.

Because you are always on the anti-content side or it’s just a white knight thing.

4 Likes

I’m still ignorant about this, but I guess this can also be used to bail out of every PvP engagement in Highsec? So if I notice that I will lose an engagement I just enter Abyssal space and when I emerge the suspect and limited engagement flag will be gone.

Can’t enter with aggression timer or when being pointed.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for clarifying. At least it is not completely broken then.

So basically CONCORD will shoot at anyone who is trying to defend (that is attack the hunters) the poor guy popping out of the abbys if the hunters are not criminals or suspects.

1 Like

Correct.

Actually I don’t like CONCORD, I found the guy warping around and blapping ships before eventually dying hilariously funny.

But anyway…

Oh look Falcon came in and closed that other thread, what a surprise!

1 Like

PVP players learn how to pop a frieghter in high sec with minimal loss. Active support and trolling from the PVP community.

PVE players learn how to avoid being popped while enjoying content. Active whining by the PVP community.

Biased much?

1 Like

This mechanic does not make anything more interesting, though, because the player avoids the part that actually makes it “interesting”. Instead, he is able to farm without needing to worry about intended consequences. He can avoid any and all interaction, therefore there is nothing “interesting” being added.

I would love to rip apart some examples you have in mind.

Care to share? :blush:

What do the words “avoiding the hard coded, intended consequences” mean to you?

This time CCP created a unique opportunity for a group of pilots (not criminals and not suspects) to gank a solo player in high sec without any chance for the friends of the victim (corp mates) to interfere without being targeted by CONCORD.

Jack and ■■■■.
Suicide gankers do it habitually.

2 Likes

There isn’t need in any fixes, as explained above. Both explorers and gankers can succeed and fail at the same level of probability. To avoid a big fail, addition preparation is required only. Explorers can counter Suspect Timer as hunters can counter explorer’s actions (CONCORD).

I have to say that they aren’t avoing the intended consequences. They exit with a suspect timer as intended. They then use a means to avoid PvP.

The intended consequence was the suspect timer, not PvP. Find a way to work around it.

1 Like

Like … which?

And why so angry?

The intended consequences is getting PvP’d …
… otherwise the suspect timer would be of zero value to the situation.

You can not separate them logically, because the latter depends on the former.

More precise:

There would be no suspect timer, if the intention was not to incentivise and cause PvP. As the suspect timer by itself serves no purpose in this situation all by its self, the purpose and point of the suspect timer and thus the intended consequence is getting PvP’d.

My opinion on this, which I have not actually expressed yet, is that it is fine until it spreads out to the masses. Once that happens, CCP will nerf it anyway. They always do. Every time. They let people have their fun and intervene when there is a risk of it going out of hand.

vOv

1 Like