ABYSS abusing

Hehehe. I’m in time to Summarize This Topic.

For your bookkeeper PVP, the filament mechanic is just too random to build your kind of ganks. Here are the calcs. You’ll realize soon, that from T1 and T2 portals will appear tanky ships under 100M ISK (just better gank Procurers or Hi-Sec Cruisers at gates - easier and faster), from T3 portals can appear HACs with Assault Damage modules, from T4 portals will appear mainly baiters in Hi-Sec. Traditional mission runners will not perform T4 frequently and especially T5 - that content is hard as Burning Missions with a timer set on. The Hi-Sec PVE guru players have another set of counteractions to make gankers life very annoying and boring. As I mentioned above, the gankers and Abyss runners have enough tools to fulfil their game safely (a parity) , it depends by how many of them will be used. BTW, it’s good for the economy overall when all gankers and hunters will buy Mobile Depots and Mobile Tractor Unitis. Isn’t it?

ABYSS is good for economy. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, Nana, that’s another tool, which, I believe will be fixed by CCP soon (first of all).

Bookmarks inside planets and stars will not work properly.

You can use the next solutions:

• Do a T1-T2 Abyss in a cheap Cruiser vessels under 100M ISK. BTW, loot is bad there;

• Do a T3 Abyss in a cheap HAC (with T2 modules) with Assault Damage control being in a NPC corporation;

• Do a T1-T3 Abyss content in 0.8-1.0 systems. In 1.0 systems CONCORD reaction is 6 sec;

• Use an old CONCORD mechanic. Suicide an ALT frigate near your Abyss portal to summon CONCORD there finally;

• Do a T4 Abyss in special mission sites, like: Angel Extravaganza the last 5th pocket, Recon 3-3 (in the middle of a corrosive cloud), last pocket of Scarlet’s mission, in a random room of Guristas Maze 10/10 (joking), in Watch and Vigil Signatures;

• Do a T4 in double window mode. A window for a Falcon or a stealth Scorpion/Logi;

• Do a T4 in a fleet;

• Do a T4 under your Null-Sec Keepstar;

• Don’t do T5.

1 Like

How long has it been since you did a lvl4 toxic cloud? It no longer resets upon a new ship warping in, it starts once and only gives damage for a specific amount of time and then no longer. (Unless they changed it again.)

BTW I am just theory crafting, but thanks for your reply and tips.

2 Likes

8 months ago. Interesting. THX.

drop a mtu or depot next to the abyssal trace :stuck_out_tongue: he will be not able to jump to another one :thinking:

Fair enough. I re-ran the scraping script this morning and updated my half-completed spreadsheet. If you want to see how the data looks, click here:

It’s not pretty, nor did I continue with look at which ships were exploded in which systems/regions/constellations but you can at least see the data, or even grab the raw output for your own analysis.

I reported this 2 weeks before the expansion went live, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up that CCP will fix it.

There is no need for them to fix it, players already did :stuck_out_tongue:
Now its literally a case of git gud

I do not assume, it was clearly obvious. You being disconnected from yourself so much, that you can not recognize your attitude, is your problem and not mine.

Funny how the things you mention are not even remotely related to what we are talking about.

Maybe you need a proper spanking ingame?

Nah, now they can remove it, because it is pointless.

the only ones who will now get killed are those who have no idea, which are mostly noobs and complete dumbfucks. the vast majority of hunters will now drop an mtu, making this whole thing useless to exist. No point in keeping a mandatory stalemate around.

Keeping it would only be to the downside of everyone dumb enough to cheer this fuckup.

I sense a great potential for a new best selling holoreel in there. :rofl:

1 Like

There are cases though…
Say hunter forgot to bring deployable with him. Or lost it doing previous attack (or was forced to leave it behind). Prey will have a chance to hide in Abyssal space.

Or Prey mismanaged filaments. Hunter has a chance to catch Prey even without deployable structure.

IMO it’s better to have more variables for PvP than less.

1 Like

Kinda with March on this one. So long as counters exist, then mechanics should be left alone. Then it is a case of whomever is better prepared. Many things in this game are “solved”, yet the mechanics are left in place in case the “hunter” makes a mistake or forgets a step.

1 Like

Sure, that’s not wrong. I am all for “more options”, but here I do not actually see the potential.

In the same sense we could have a mjd for freighters, because it increases the perception of the amount of available options for the victim. Some will get away, many others will not.

Yet, funnily enough, are people arguing against it as if it made any actual sense to do so, just because “it will be of no use” … which is nonsense, of course, because it is impossible that 100% of all situations will go the exactly same way.

Reminds me of an old thread of mine, where I wanted CCP to drop the CSPA tax because it actually prevents new players from contacting people. I got jumped on really hard, with absolutely disconnected reasons, that were valid years ago but simply are not anymore. One year later CCP dropped the CSPA.

Anyhow … not trying to be a naysayer, but I simply do not see the potential for good experiences in this. They will only emerge out of sheer luck, with no actual skill being involved.

For the same reason the DCU got turned into a passive module (which was completely unnecessary and only there to make mindless people happy) and for the same reason there is a warning now when you forget the mission loot you need to deliver. Same thing. Mindless people are being angry about the game, because it allowed them to forget something, as if it was not their own fault.

for once, the ganker is whining.
priceless.

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with the current system for going suspect after leaving a tier 4 or 5 filament. If a player or players can’t tackle, bump or otherwise counter the counter that has been found by site runners, that’s on the aggressors, not the potential victim.

The reason gankers are whining in this thread is a result of their own doing. If the target isn’t a helpless miner, defenseless freighter or auto-piloting battleship, gankers can’t win. My group are having no issues catching most of the pvers that we find leaving these filaments, in both high and low sec.

Learn how to do real pvp and counter the counter or STFU!

1 Like

Ganker tears. Tastes disgusting.

1 Like

So funny to observe, so sad to understand.

I am happy about the lowest of the low …
… having something they - for once - can feel superior about.

That it is a bug, basically an exploit*, you ignore.
Nothing matters more than your tiny little imaginary victory …

… for once.

Not gonna lie… I honestly admit that, I, too, would behave that way if I was a loser like you guys.

*(as it completely circumvents intended mechanics and your personal, heavily biased opinions change nothing about that)

Interesting work and I thank you for it.

I was also interested in this but approached it from the other direction.

1. Bought a great many keys on sisi
  2. bought a great many bare scythe hulls
  3. activate key, look at lossmail which the rats will helpfully generate for you a few seconds later
  4. look for patterns

I didn’t do a lot of sites. Given there were 5 regions and a number of systems divisible by 5 in total I expected the regions to be either weather or level and that i would easily be able to map this out so that I would be able to tell which keytype people were dying to on zkill.

Even after only 10 sites it was clear that no pattern of ‘region = anything key related’ was emerging i stopped my tests. my guess is that they just have N systems in a bucket and pull people into whatever is the least congested, similar to a database connection pool.

1 Like

lol… do you really expect them to adapt ?