Abyss event is just .... "FUN"

I am having such a blast with the latest event that I wanted to drop a line here and express how much “fun” it is!

The “fun” was so overwhelming after the first 50 systems I scanned down, I had to take a break from all the “fun” I was having by passing out at the keyboard! And to add to all the great “fun”, I actually found a whole 8 data sites… whoohooo! It was so much “fun” racing to those and finding all of the crates either empty (someone had been there, scanned it, and looted any filaments) or just finding the piles of worthless crap that is always great “fun” to find after 3 hrs of joyous system scanning!

So after I revived myself and shook off the last experience of 5 star, grade A excitement, I ran another 70 systems… and another empty 10 data sites!!! MAN… is THIS “FUN”!!!

I didnt want to have too much “fun” in one day… so before I lapsed into a more or less permanent coma, I decided that was enough “fun” for awhile.

After all, I dont want to get too giddy with all of this “fun”, I just may whip out the credit card and charge the whole thing to CCP as thanks for the wonderful day experiencing all of this magical “fun”!!

13 Likes

New event is being rushed.
Who would’ve thought…

4 Likes

Just make sure to message the entire Community Relations team to voice your concern on what CCP has done in regards to…oh, never mind.

4 Likes

I’ve found my first Filament after running 60+ Data sites, most of them freshly spawned.

Yaeh, it sucks. It’s the worst and most stupid grind.

1 Like

Its not an event, its a permanent feature, ergo its meant to last until EVE shuts down, its not meant to be done in a few days

2 Likes

wow, people are running Data sites now ? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I thought it was an expansion. So it is going to be over in a week like the rest of the events or is it a permanent expansion?

I heard the most “fun” to be had was running Gurista data sites looking for filaments… only to have CCP indicate several hours later that they don’t drop in Gurista data sites. Players also had “fun” apparently finding filaments in relic sites (go figure).

4 Likes

Instead of whining about filaments just go grab a couple in Jita. If you can’t afford them you likely won’t survive in the site anyway.

1 Like

I was super excited to run the sites just like everyone else. Got started scanning, luckily I gave up after an hour of finding empty Data sites (well empty as in just 2 cans left with carbon). Gonna go back to mission running/anoms and stuff I was doing before and before I know it Abyss will die down a bit and then I will go about it.

4 Likes

In EVE?

3 Likes

You have to really ■■■■ up your fit or royally screw-up to lose a ship or run out of time in a tier 1-2 Abyssal pocket.

Let’s play “Spot the complaining highseccers” …

3 Likes

OP is salty about his poor scanning skills and lack of strategy. I’ve already found 9 filaments from perhaps 4-5 hours of hacking. And half that time was spent hacking relic sites, so I probably could have 12+ by now if I focused exclusively on data sites.

1 Like

CCP clearly announced at Fanfest, that those Filaments will drop from Data Sites mainly. I made a huge suggestion (knowing how it practically works) time ago about Cargo Scanners, which was critiqued by PVP players and other gankers. Read the thread and make some decisions…

1 Like

Based on what i read from the beta runners…there is alot of truth to this lol.

My experience… I scanned down a single data site, got two filaments, used one, got 3 more filaments… somehow I suspect these things are going to be cheap as hell…

People are finally cluing in just how “fun” the “game” is! :slightly_smiling_face:

Even after some point out how A,B and C are overwhelmingly “fun” and obsolete for gaming past 1993 to the point where there isn’t a single point of contention to any degree!

But w-w-wait, wait just right there! Pfft, didn’t you get the memo?! You make the “fun” for yourself, silly!

:joy:

1 Like

Sounds like the OP had lots of FUN.

1 Like

Its an expansion NOT an event

2 Likes