Abyssal Deadspace disconnection solution

Gee… you see any hacks around that give your ships a skin on the client side? That’s fully client side, good luck on that.

I don’t think it is.

Your client must select from a preset list provided by the server. And the server then tells everyone else which one you’ve selected.

If you created your own skin, it would definitely not be shown to others.

No, I meant having a skin show on client side only. That’s possible. Also possible are direct bots (where the client doesn’t even show, and only sends internet packets to the EvE servers).

But there’s very little reason to do it. Most players don’t care about skins, and the few that do probably buy them. Why would anyone sink a bunch of time and effort into trying to hack skins and risk getting a permanent ban from EVE? The risk levels that people would be willing to take for massive profit make no sense in this scenario.

Also possible are direct bots (where the client doesn’t even show, and only sends internet packets to the EvE servers).

Possible, but much more difficult than a purely client-side game because you still have unknown code that you’re interacting with. And if you make any mistake at all you’re instantly banned. An offline abyssal instance, on the other hand, would put the entire game within the player’s hands. No server to talk to, no unknown code, no accountability for what happens in that instance.

1 Like

Same with direct bots.

Yes unknown code. The code is compiled.

Unless the client sends what happens in the instance to the server after reconnect. (yes they can edit this as well, good luck editing the damn RAM) (and if they wipe the ram by shutting down the game then they can be accountable)

Uh, what? The direct bot has to talk to the server or it can’t do anything useful, since all of the processing of your ship’s actions is done server-side. The only thing a direct bot would let you do is save a bit of effort on image/character recognition, the bot still has to make the same button presses and requests to the server.

Yes unknown code. The code is compiled.

Also, besides decompiling the code, there are various memory monitoring/modification tools to figure out what the code is doing.

good luck editing the damn RAM

Editing RAM is trivially easy.

1 Like

Then why do you think it’s so difficult to do?

Yeah if you can modify it, then you can modify what information gets sent to the server and pretend that everything that happened was above board.

The other issue is sending twenty minutes worth information in an instant.

And save on resources. Then they can field thousands of bots and not hundreds.

That one is a python decompiler. Eve was released literally before python, I think it is in C and if you decompile you get C code barely more readable than machine code. Also that one is pyc and pyo, have your luck with decompiling python code compiled through cython into exe and .sh

Ok. Do it. You can then predict everything in an RPG (and possibly set your progress really forward) (also you can bypass like activation codes and stuff like that)

As I said, that that information would be stored in RAM, which is difficult to modify.

I played EvE for 10 hours, it sent 50MB.

Um…

Perhaps you should do some research before posting terrible ideas?

Ok. Do it.

Done it. In fact, I’m pretty sure anyone who has ever written a program in C has accidentally accessed memory belonging to something else. The only thing standing in the way of reading to or writing from any arbitrary piece of RAM is a desire to not break your system.

You can then predict everything in an RPG (and possibly set your progress really forward) (also you can bypass like activation codes and stuff like that)

Um, no, you really can’t. In a game like EVE all of those things are done server-side, modifying the client’s RAM does absolutely nothing.

(It would work fine for a single player game, but what’s the point in cheating in one of those?)

And save on resources. Then they can field thousands of bots and not hundreds.

At the expense of lots of developer time, and running into in-game constraints with how many ships and systems the botter has access to. It’s much easier to just put normal clients on a bunch of low-end PCs.

Yes, because EVE did most of its data processing server-side. You press “fire weapon”, it sends a command to the EVE server, the server executes the shot and its results, and the server sends a results message back to your client. To even attempt to verify client-side activities you’d have to make a permanent log of all of that stuff that would normally be done by the server, send it over, and have the server somehow check that it forms a plausible sequence. And even then there’s nothing stopping you from just sending a fake event log for validation.

i recently lost internet connection in the abyssal and run out of time… I wrote a ticket and CCP replaced my losses (with in 24h) luckily… it was very kind by them even know they did not have to do that… love CCP thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’d also like to add that CCP is a company as you all know and like every company they work for a profit… however CCP nothing like any other gaming company in the word… They aren’t greedy like other gaming companies at all like some people think… they even made EvE Online free to play and it’s 100% possible to PLEX your account without having to spend any money on it… I’m not saying this because they were kind with me… I would say this even if they were not replace my loss which wasn’t even their fault…

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Eh, I think you’re giving them a bit too much credit there. They went free2play because they thought it would be more profitable, not because they’re nice. PLEX is also more profitable for them than subs. Even buying the $500 package of PLEX is less value than buying game time by the month (15400/500 = 30.8 months of game time, buying month-by-month is $15 a month, 30.8*15 = $462) so although it’s cool that you can pay your sub in ISK it’s not generosity from where PLEX flows.

1 Like

If you have, you need to report a vulnerability to Windows. Because reading from other programs’ memories is a hack. Imagine if any application on your computer knows your credit card password (that is stored in your browser)

Perhaps you should read what I wrote.

Well, the client sends exactly that with timestamps.

At the expense of the cost of these low end PCs (which if too low end I doubt could run eve)

The operating system (a program) is capable of reading memory from other programs. Therefore, my operating system is a hack, and I should report to Microsoft that their product in doing exactly what it should be doing is hacking me.

Clearly you’ve never taken a CS 101 class if you’ve never had to deal with C’s various memory access “features”, like fetching random garbage because you read from an array index outside the bounds of the array.

Perhaps you should read what I wrote.

I did. You wrote:

“Eve was released literally before python”

Not only is this a false statement (and one that is easily found to be false) EVE IS WRITTEN IN PYTHON. If you’d bothered to read the article I linked you’d know this.

Well, the client sends exactly that with timestamps.

No, it really doesn’t. Things like calculating if your shot hits are handled by the server, the client only has to send the “fire” request and then receive the result. Accountability logging would require sending and validating the entire contents of all of those calculations, and probably a full memory dump of EVE’s RAM for the entire duration of the abyssal site.

At the expense of the cost of these low end PCs (which if too low end I doubt could run eve)

Low-end PCs are cheaper than the developer time required to write a special bot client that won’t get caught by CCP.

1 Like

I’m not here to give ideas or solutions. First, I don’t have any, and second, it’s a waste of time to suggest anything since CCP doesn’t read these forum or if they read it I’m sure they laugh their azzes off, so y’all are arguing over something for nothing.

Why are you so negative? I do not understand you… surely CCP read their own forums and actually care about their own “costumers” players… they always say any feedback is valuable for them… I know for a fact that CCP is making notes/plans/adjustments based on feedbacks… it is in fact you are the one who looking for someone to argue with… if you dont have any solution or idea please dont post negative comments on here as it is not useful to anyone thank you :confused:

I myself not agree with everything that CCP does, but instead of hating them for it I simply make suggestions and let them know that if there is something I’m not happy with…

and when ever they do something about it or not is totally up to them since they know whats best for the majority… no point in making/changing something that only a minority of the players likes especially if is it makes the majority of the players unhappy

there are a lot of smart people works for CCP that studied many years in universities and they knows what they are doing :slight_smile:

I’m a product of my environment.

:rofl: OK, if you say so…

Yea, the mouth is designed to say many things but not all of what goes out is the truth.

Of course. And I have a bridge in the Sahara to sell you.

I’m sure they lose sleep over your in-game issues.

Oh, the same kind of people who are turning this planet into a desert ? YES, surely we can count on them to do what’s best for US :sweat_smile:

I got best possible internet connection in the UK but still lose connection sometimes for a few minutes for god knows why… and it does not matter which internet provider I go to since ALL of them has outages sometimes… 99.99% of the time my internet is fine… but there is that 0.01% of the time when I got a problem and if I happen to be in the Abyssal when I lose internet connection due to my internet provider then I can’t do much about that… I can’t be sitting in the station 24/7 and do nothing because of I’m afraid that if I do Abyssal I lose my ship due to disconnection… however the problem is that T4-T5 Abyssal Deadspace require a somewhat expensive modules/implants (500m - 7b isk) to run then quick and smoothly… I know you can possibly do a T5 Abyssal in a cheaply fitted ship (100m - 500m isk) but it is not easy/reliable to do so

in a lvl 4 missions if you disconnect your ship automatically warps off unless warp scrambled… so you dont really need to worry about random disconnections…

If I lose my ship due to me making a mistake then I’m fine with that… however if I lose my ship due to my internet provider then I can’t simply afford to replace it every single time…

that is why I say we need a solution for this issue like pause the timer/NPCs until log back in so it does not matter if you lose internet connection because you can just simply log back in latter and continue the abyssal run no problem…

also just in general it would be nice to be able to pause abyssal run for what ever reason ex.: I had postman knocking at my door when I was half way in the abyssal… I had no idea when he come and can’t say to him “ohhh please wait 5 minute while I finish my abyssal run” so I had to jump up and take my packages then rush back to my PC and skip every single loot just to be able to complete it on time…

in a lvl 4 mission I can just simply warp off if I have to go for what ever reason effectively “pause” it…

DC meme

1 Like