Abyssal deadspace survey from CCP

Are you actually running the sites? From what I get from different sides and researches, you can make 1B / hour with running those. Of course not with the pubbie T3 sites … lol.

Funny that you ask that, given that you don’t run these sites. I don’t run them currently, but yes I’ve run sites on TQ for quite a while.

You probably >can< make 1B/h, just like you >can< make 1B/h from running DED sites. I might have made a Bil an hour once in there, but that’s not the point. The point is that there are reasons why loot was evaluated at high prices early on and why certain loot still kind of is. It’s obvious that these reasons are quickly going away and that only Mutaplasmids could be a long-term guarantee for high demand from AD loot.

Currently some of those are in high demand, but you can already see most going down heavily. Let’s see what happens once the demand for Flagships has been filled and how things look after AT.

It would have been nice if CCP thought more about people who actually want to use the stuff they find rather than people instantly asking for how much ISK they can exchange it. The ISK focus is already there in enough forms of PVE.

Don’t feel bad, I never get any survey’s from CCP.

:expressionless:

What else is relevant for PvE?

I avoid PVE as much as I can. I mainly liked the idea of Mutapplasmids to go crazy with new fits, play around with stuff and so on. It’s not wrong that people would choose to sell theirs, but balancing things regarding the price they could achieve, seems like an odd choice.

The very engaged players who read forums and make posts here, are probably not the ones they need to reach with a survey. So often, players complain that CCP just listens to CSM / Null-Sec. With a survey mailing, they can reach out to a random set of players.

This question is telling of their concerns. Will they simplify the mechanics, if enough responders check the same boxes?

1. Why have you not run higher tiers? Please check all that apply.
  • They are too difficult to complete
  • Can’t afford the ship needed to complete them
  • Can’t fly the ship needed to complete them
  • Suspect flag is too risky
  • Not rewarding enough
  • Other, please specify:

Perhaps they are not happy that T5 is a very niche profession. What is that below… 1 or 2 percent? (Slide from player screencaps of EVE Down Under presentation.)

5 Likes

This one is hilarious. Gila by a lot. Such fun.

6 Likes

lol and the best thing is that it was given as player feedback before the release.

3 Likes

5-6 survey questions in a row give the option for “Very extiting” I’ll get back to you when I find “extiting” in the dictionary.

3 Likes

Why would I risk a billion isk ship to run these sites…when I can run a cloaky/travel/nullified fit tengu with a mobile depot and make the same if not more isk running 6/10’s in almost complete safety?

2 Likes

Maybe they couldn’t decide between exciting and exiting.

2 Likes

Extiting is very exciting. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m happy you made that joke. Someone had to bite.

1 Like

According to CCP Fozzies presentation 96.000 modules have been mutated so far.

Is it me or does that seem awefully low, considering that the majority of those are T2?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Actually the graphs look healthy to me, the T4/5 are even rising a bit towards the end. Did they show an overall trend of number of sites run, and weather distribution?

EDIT: the mutator statistics are surprising, as I see different mods advertised a lot, ABs and SB … and yes ~100k is quite low, but I’m OK with it.

1 Like

Suggestion:

First player to successfully run all tiers and types of Mutaplasmids will all available Cruisers gets a free lifetime EVE Account.

• non special Edition Cruisers, not the Monitor
  • Logi only have to run up until Tier3
  • 2nd - 10th to finish get some nice stuff too, rest gets some award from Concord for taking part in testing New Eden Ships against the menace out there

CCPls?

(That’s 48 Ships each 25 runs + 8 Logi with 15 runs. 1320 successful runs needed.)

Why not every player got survey? The more player did it they more valuable statistic data will be.

I think your biased opinion is what they are actually interested in for once.

2 Likes

Maybe they decided to go for a manageable size considering that you can provide more than just multiple choice replies.

For statistic significance you wouldn’t need all players or “the more the better”, just a large enough group, preferably one where different groups of players are represented evenly.

To be statisticaly significant they need at least 100 answers, ideally would be 1000.

1 Like