Abyssal Pockets and the Ships to Run Them

I am trying only Tier V Filaments for now, thinking lower tiers should be easier. The biggest challenge for me is those pockets with a drifter battleship + 10 neuting drifter cruisers. It is doable with Gila, but it is slow and always I go kaboom in the last pocket when the timer expires. Here is the fit I use (slightly changed compared to the previous one I posted):

[Gila, Abyss Tier V LRML]
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Valkyrie II x2
Hammerhead II x4
Vespa II x2
Infiltrator II x2

Inferno Fury Light Missile x2000
Scourge Fury Light Missile x2080

1 Like

XL-Shield Booster Cerberus rocks!! You can facetank 2k dps with the ADC (for 15 secs, but thats enough to take the damage down to a manegable level) and you can apply almost 100% damage with rapid lights, on the rogue drones!!

1 Like

If we are to assume each minus res site was ccp idea of giving an advantage to each race,caldari drew the shortest straw with increased scanres and amarr got the best deal with cap recharge in electrical sites.Both minmatar and gallente got plus hp for their fav dmg types.

Currently dark matter is the worse site since the rats keep their high omnitanks and the drone swarms are very hard to track.

1 Like

Actually minmatar have the best t2 resists for em, are often bonused for active tank and can deal mostly em damage with the emp shells. I think they work better than amarr for em pockets.

Amarr are stuck in a weird place with their t2 resist being best explosive. The missile HAC with exp missiles could do quite well though, I bet.

The armor and shield bonuses are a mixed blessing if that applies to NPCs as well. It’ll take you longer to chew through their armor too. At least shield up buffs passive shield recharge so it makes tanking easier, but armor only makes you last a bit longer.

the shield and armor ones are not equal in the impact on your performance let me explain the tiny drones have 1000 armor each base only like 300 shield the drone bs boss has 25k armor and only like 11k shield.Also triglavians they’ll be armor too with tiny shields

1 Like

Fair point. But my original point stands: both increase the ehp to chew through and that’s already a challenge, while giving a bonus that’s not that great except for passive shield fits.

Has anyone actually seen Triglavians in the Abyssal Pockets?
I find it kinda crappy that we find tech to invade their space, but they are never home, yet there are blueprints and stuff all over :stuck_out_tongue:

How about NPC vs NPC? Drones killing drifters? Drifters killing triglavians? Has anyone seen that yet?

1 Like

they’re being added soon and you won’t like it^^

1 Like

I fear the current lovefest with all things Gila in recent events points to an incoming nerf at some point not too far down the road.

the gila is actualy pretty crapy -pick up a variation of tier 5 filaments use the best fit you can think of for each site and tell me how many you died in and how many you completed.

It can do lower tiers quite well tho but other ships can do those even faster

1 Like

The Gila will be fine up until about F3 at which point it just won’t have enough DPS or application.

how come? didn’t you say we would soon face demavik and vedmak triglavian ships

I’m thinking about an active Tank Onyx

[Onyx, Abyssal]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Damage Control II

Pith C-Type EM Ward Field
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Pithum B-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Medium Cap Battery

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
[empty high slot]

Medium Warhead Flare Catalyst II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

600 dps
No drone management
80-90% resists
Battery for neuts
Flare Rig for frigs
Can replace the shield extender for something more usefull but it is a bit safer with it.

Someone tested an onyx on Sisi ?

1 Like

you will really struggle with damage application against the drone swarms. esp with rage missiles!

hams aplicattion is really bad on the frigs inside if you don’t get a light supressor the time wasted will get you killed

Thus far my most reliable ship for tier5 dark matter field has been cerberus all minus res ishtar.I did Initially drive an orthrus through a dark matter field learned from my mistakes and improved unfortunately rlml are in a bad spot cuz of reload times so reverted to heavies

1 Like

I couldn’t finish a DM field level 5 with a cerberus =x the rapid lights just reload too slow for me and when I came up against the drone bs I wasn’t doing enough damage.

1 Like

Yup had that happen rlml is no go in tier5 dark matter

1 Like

Only Triglavs and BS drones give energy from Nosferatu. They need to fix that, especially getting nothing from drifters.

1 Like

Are the triglavian functioning now? They weren’t yesterday

1 Like