Abyssal Pockets and the Ships to Run Them

F4 Gamma. Half of the Triglavs functioned, the others just sat there. When all of them work they will be a pain.

I get the feeling that armor setups are going to be used more, since you really have to balance tank and DPS. The reason I feel armor will win is because you really need a prop mod and probably a web or TP.

HML Sacrilege works well in F4, simple T2 fit with rep implants and no boosters.

1 Like

And the reactive hardener

1 Like

Indeed. I just did two F4 darks, each having 10 minutes remaining.

So far some really shite rolls on mutations. 10 and all worthless. I feel like risking anything over T2 is going to be stupid. I can’t wait to see when someone does a statistical analysis…

1 Like

Maybe mix the launchers. Something like 3 RLM / 3 HAML. You would still be able to kill low size with 3 rlm. For the BS, you would have a perma 400 dps with HAML while RLM reloading and 700 dps with all launchers active. If it is not enough for this i don’t see any HAC who can deal more dps.

1 Like

If CCP is doing it right, then F5 shouldn’t be possible to run in a ship worth less than a billion. This has the potential to be high level PVE content. I would liken it to the Diablo style system where you had to find/roll rare stuff in order to be able to survive and thrive in the hardest difficulties. That is how I think that it should be balanced. By that bar, F4s are tio easy.

1 Like

The triglavians in all their glory have been added let me know how well you do against them please if it’s too easy.

2 Likes

I get the feeling that Dark Matter are easier because, I suspect that the AI doesn’t compensate for the shorter turret range?

1 Like

Diablo? No thanks…

Wow, they are a bit too beefy and hard to take down. Especially since even light drones can’t hit them when they are webbed. In F4 Dark, The Vedmaks have the speed and AGILITY of small drones… And so many of them have anti-missile and gun tracking that hitting them squarely is quite hard. They made a F4 impossible for my Sacrilege.

And my ship loss, due to timer expiration, isn’t appearing in my character interactions log.

1 Like

are there any fits for t1 cruisers like maller or omen?, im only in t1 medium turrets

What about the Golem or Bastion mode can this work for the situation

I played with one in the fitting tool, but Eagle, Cerberus and even shield fit Munin and Vagabond far surpassed it.

Your fit is good for F1, F2, beyond that it won’t be of any value. Starting at F3 maybe you’ll get lucky in your 1st 2-3 or even 4 instances due to spawn RNG and so many different combinations, but then it will fall flat on its face.

With that set up, you need at bare minimum 1 T2 Rigor rig and Missle Guidance comp running precision script. Implant + booster will help too. If you fit this, then you will also need different ammo types for different size targets and of course to match fliament weather effects + target type. You can not rely on Scourge missles alone, even in the weather that gives penalties to kinetic.

2nd, you do not have enough shield boost. Passive is a no go when you go higher up because the more damage you take the less you regen, active regen you need minimum spike around 170ish HP per second while cap stable. About half of it needs to be constant, rest can be supplimented for spikes alone. You have the spike covered, but not the constant, you’ll die during reloads.

Your AB needs to be at minimum T2, so it gives you bit more speed, but more importantly, so it takes overheating better when you need to burn. Without that you’ll die to BS groups cause you can’t close in fast enough as well as may run out of time on close calls. Not sure what the base speed is on an Onyx, but you need around 750-800+ for effective speed tanking, and around 1400+ for when you overheat to burn at the trig battleships. So your choice of AB matters greatly, and if you go MWD you will take so much extra damage so quickly its not even funny cause of the sig bloom.

Last but not least missles vs automata supressors … Pure spawn RNG, again you may get lucky and hit a good streak, followed by a very miserable bad streak. the whole pocket size is relatively small, its about what 100 or 120km in diameter ? Targets will not be more then 70-80km from you. Within that, you will eventually get a spawn of 2-3 Automata supressors. The heavy ones have 20km range of effect (radius, so 40km diameter). So think about how much of the whole pocket they cover. Your missles simply will not be able to fly through their fields and hit their targets. You will have to pull all the NPCs out of the effect range while speed tanking while avoiding these yourself. That is perfectly doable, but then it will take you about 10+ minutes for that pocket and boom, you just didn’t make your 20 minute timer.

1 Like

Unlikely, you need at least a Navy or pirate faction ship for these, preferrably turret. Phantasms do well in the electrical instances, but kinda suck in almost all the others. And you need at least some T2 modules, even for F1s.

1 Like

3 starving Leshaks + 3 striking leshaks in the next room … or worse yet, 5x striking leshak, shooting almost all the way across the instance…

add to that automata supressors between you and them.

1 Like

The risk is there, and you have to calculate your loses in the equation at the end. Its like gambling, you can cut your losses, but you will never win 100% of time.

Blockquote

are there any fits for t1 cruisers like maller or omen?, im only in t1 medium turrets

Unlikely, you need at least a Navy or pirate faction ship for these, preferrably turret. Phantasms do well in the electrical instances, but kinda suck in almost all the others. And you need at least some T2 modules, even for F1s.

Well, on SiSi, I did a t1 Gamma in a stabber … but I guess i was just lucky. Going to test more rounds

I’m having success with running 1/2 with an eagle or ashimmu (long webs save so much time). The Deimos and Sacrilege would probably be best choices for some types whereas I can also see the Stratios eventually being used to farm 4/5’s of many types. Of course the gila and ishtar but I’m tired of gila and ishtar. What are you willing to lose?

Ishtars and Gilas are two of the most common ships lost in Abyssal pockets.

1 Like

Don’t forget T2 Cerbs.

I need to fire up singularity for 1 or 2 tests today I’m onto something big BIG also to make leshak spawn trivial really