Abyssal space broken again?

It looks like good anti-farming mechanism!

Would you agree with me that it makes sense to have an even creation of loot throughout the day? What I mean is that, when more people are logged on farming, specific loot would drop less and vice versa. While i understand that it automatically means some people have it harder, i also think that itā€™s much better for managing the influx of items.

I suspected it for a long time too. I mean if I would do it, I would want to have some kind of dynamic system that can randomize loot tables in certain margins to not oversaturate the markets and still suspend the feeling of randomness. Would be a bit complicated I think. The place, amount of loot daily, monthly, the amount of loot of this kind removed from the gameā€¦

I think they could do something like a system of dynamic bounty pools too, at least in null. Overfarming could became a thing in certain regions.

On the opposite. If you are aware of a way to increase your loot, you may only farm when you can use this. Also the people I talked to used to ā€œprepareā€ for good loot-potential periods, so as to make the maximum of drop with the minimum of time.
I just donā€™t know how they did that ^.^ So maybe they were just telling lies. And itā€™s been a while.

Sorry, I donā€™t think I got your point.
I barely presents the conclusion I went to. That is, the ā€œhomogeneousā€ loot distribution may be wrong for abyss, as it has been showed to me to be wrong for some other pve activities. People assume this and donā€™t realize this assumption may lead them to wrong conclusion.
The algorithm that is actually used, I donā€™t know it, so I canā€™t judge on it.

Now, considering the reduction of loot when more people farm, it happens by fact when the loot table is limited. I think the correct term is ā€œsimple random sample without replacementā€ but Iā€™m not sure of my english on this - and Iā€™m not sure of the algorithm either.
You just need to repopulate the tables periodically, if the period is correctly chosen every body will be able to farm and loot.
Now, again - I have no idea is such a mechanism is implemented into the abyss. The best way IMO to test it would be to note every loot, every hour of the day, for like several day, and make a Fourrier transform to exhibit a possible loot period (for each item looted of course).

Please, again note that donā€™t know what is the real implementation of loot.

Indeed. I thought of it, but had not the time to make a proposal in the correct section.

1 Like

How many Abyssal sites have you run?

Thx! I belive Iā€™ll first watch the videos than :slight_smile:

Thats actually pretty low. There are much higher. + He had a pod with almost no implants while flying it so his loss is actually relatively low.

There is no perfect fit. Perfect fit is dependant on what you are most comfortable playing vs what is minimum necessity to accomodate the spawn variance and the task at hand. You can use some of the meta fits and find out none of them work for you, or use them, find one thats closest to how you play and adjust it, or if youā€™re really lucky you get one on your 1st or 2nd try.

Unfortunately due to the nature of this, finding that good fit for you can be stupendously expensive. Once you do though, then it becomes OK. One of the methods is to do everything in straight T2 + boosters, and see if you come close, even if you die its ok because then you will know what you need to change / upgrade. learn from every death.

1 Like

How is it going now ?

I moved onto T4s Electrical with occasional Gamma here and there and basically I am getting what I used to get in T3s, quite literally. But I am not seeing any of those timeperiods that are a complete drought of iso or condensate, just reduced amounts, like I said in T4s, what used to be T3s. I will be moving onto 5s when I farm enough filaments, probably in a day or two.

Update us if you can pls.

They can be ganked anytime by anyone wanting to get some deadspace mods.
That isnā€™t risk free.

Try again.

Suuuuure! By the THOUSANDS of gankers out there, right?

Donā€™t be ridiculous!

:credit_card: PLEX tanked Gila, put 5000x in your cargo hold and you should be almost invincible! :smirk: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Hi buddy, Thank you for driving this topic back. I am keep hunting all other T4 & T5 filaments in last 2 days. interesting find that T5 gmma will guarantee drop about 50-80 crystalline isogen-10 on each run but never dropped a single Zero-Point Condensate. and T5 firestorm still never have crystalline isogen-10 comes out but guaranteed drop Zero-Point Condensate for each run. and another interesting find is T5 actually drop doubled amount of everything than T4 site. and some mutaplasmids are also seems droped separately in different filaments. firestorm seems never drop engineering and stasis webifier and warp mutaplasmids. thats all I found in these days

2 Likes

Killboard alone proves abyss runners are getting ganked.

Donā€™t be stupid.

I knew it! OMW to buy that PLEX and Gila! :joy::joy::joy:

I have a feeling they did this as well. Iā€™ve considered it on the subject of escalations.

We all know they nerfed the escalation chances because they were being heavily farmed. But even after that, it seemed that at times it would be nearly impossible to get a good 6/10 out of Sansha space. Other times a handful in a couple of hours. This was from a time where Sansha Rally Points were being heavily farmed.

The contrast was obvious. I remember clearing Rally Points for 3-5 hours with nothing. And then 3 escalations in one hour. I kept seeing this pattern. There would usually be none-to-few in peak hours and after peak (in the AM of a heavy EU tz), escalations would start rolling again.

Where and with what do you farm Salt ?

Edit, after some tests I was able to run forgotten sites : exoticā€™s t5. I was desapointed by the loot, it was done on sisi. Iā€™ve understood that the trick is, once you learn how to survive sites, to catch all the loot as fast as you can.

I have to test more and I have a question : is really the loot different from a fillament to another (same tier) ?

Yes, it does. But value is about to be the same. More people doing Abyss - loot drops in pricesā€¦

I know, i did it when it came out, i did good money but it is not really the point for me, I care more about how easy or not it is to find blue prints and stuff like this. It is really convinient to be able to craft at home (wh space) the ships you need as a different activity. It is also new bro friendly witch is interresting.

Blueprints are same everywhere, I think. But isogen is not dropping in some filaments. At least not now. There will be serious rewamp of the loot table very soon, we have to wait.