[SAYR-] Achur-State-Mountain-Report IGS News Feed!

In ASMR-'s second exclusive interview, we delve into the life of one of UCSC’s (United Caldari Space Command) highest officers @Lambda_Thyl, Lieutenant Colonel of the State Protectorate and Fleet Commander of United Caldari Navy.

“Welcome Mr. Thyl we are so glad to have you here with us today.”

“Thank you for the opportunity, I am glad that I can represent UCSC and UCN in this edition of the State Mountain Report.”

“Let us get started. Tell us where you’ve come from, what’s your past like Lieutenant Colonel Thyl?”

“During my 12 years as a capsuleer, I have experienced many aspects of the known galaxy from highsec to nullsec, and even though WH space, but my real experience started when I joined the Caldari State in the fight against the Gallente. In the CEWPA Warzone I have found my home, interest and ambitions.”

“How did you come to join UCSC and move up the ranks to your current position?”

“To keep it brief, I used fly a lot in nullsec, but when you join a big bloc in nullsec you are just a statistical number and becoming part of a community is very hard - not to mention the numerous obligations. I needed some fresh air, so I left and moved to lowsec space, there I found UCSC. I used to command small gang fleet roams in null, experience I was able to bring to the table with me at UCN. My alliance and our members were always supportive and slowly people put more and more trust in my leadership when I called for fleets. Now I am in a leadership position, which generally means 80% organizational tasks (like recruitment, diplomacy, supply chain, membership management, etc.) and 20% in the field and only a small fraction of that is FCing fleets.”

“Tell us a bit more about your corporation and alliance, what kind of impact has UCSC had to the colonial zones nowadays?”

"I have a long history with UCSC so let me tell our alliance’s story from my perspective. I first joined early on with “UCN/UCSC 1.0” - I will explain why the “1.0” designation. At that time, the warzone was harsh, the Gallente had conquered at least 80% of the warzone and had serious firepower, manpower and dedication. The Caldari Militia was in complete disarray, and many were doubtful, when if ever they could flip the situation. As I see it, it was a very bold, but yet necessary move to start organizing CalMil from scratch with the early stage UCSC. To me this was the “golden era” and it held my rapt attention - in no small part due to our success which culminated last year when we managed to capture every system in the warzone for the Caldari State.

But back to “UCN/UCSC 1.0”. This period of disarray was the time when our corporation and alliance was born, and I believe UCSC was one of the catalyst alliances that enabled the shift of the tides. Nayrok Fenix, our CEO and leader of the alliance, managed to rally pilots and find new friends to our cause. Our forces grew rapidly, both in numbers and wealth. We had everything… structures, a capital fleet, 24/7 activity, but also the baggage that comes with such strong and rapid growth, people with personal ambitions and poor judgement. When our CEO passed on the torch, new people took over leadership and started splitting the membership with naïve ventures. A portion were deployed to nullsec (where they were terribly defeated) and another - smaller half remained in the warzone and were whittled away at. Ultimately neither group survived and so “UCN/UCSC 1.0” slowly fell apart, and while we still had some remnants flying around under the UCN banner things were grim.

Fortunately however, when the Gallente began forming treaties and recruiting pirate gangs to bolster a revengeful counteroffensive against the State, Nayrok returned to reform UCN/UCSC and successfully rallied the tattered remnants and pilots of old back, with an influx of hundreds of pilots in just a short few weeks. Reborn UCSC returned to form, just like years ago, and in 3 months UCSC became the largest Protectorate alliance in the warzone.

Now in the present, we have learned from the mistakes of the first iteration of the UCSC. We won’t sit back on our laurels, but will continue to build our alliance larger, stronger and more robust. We will continue to reach out far and wide to make friends for the State and to support our existing friends in need. UCSC will always be committed to the warzone."

“Very insightful Mr. Thyl. So moving from the past to the future, where do you see the warzone in six months based off current events?”

“I am sure a lot will change. The escalating tensions, unseen since the battle of Caldari Prime leads me to believe the warzone will get a lot more attention from nullsec empires that want to try it out or declare allegiances with the CONCORD nations. The Caldari Militia will prepare for this. UCSC are open to any diplomatic talks so that we can further bolster CalMil and make the warzone a better place and to become stronger, together! An important step towards this in my mind is that the major Caldari alliances need to come even closer together and form a new organized platform, where mutual military and economic cooperation are not just word, but also backed by actions. I think without progress on that front, the militia will face challenges.”

“Building off of that statement, what is the future for UCSC?”

"UCSC has it own challenges, though for us membership growth is not one of them, but rather “training up a new generation of State capsuleers”. Those who have joined our comms know we are a really relaxed group, we had a lot of challenge at the beginning, but now we are on the track.
We are basing our future on three key pillars:

1. We will strengthen our diplomacy and relations further in nullsec and wormhole space.
  2. We will hone our leadership, promote new people to push further our organizational, military, industrial and recruitment agendas.
  3. Seek mutually beneficial partnerships across CalMil, a strong unified CalMil is the key to keep a stable and effective State Protectorate."

“Thank you for providing your time and knowledge Mr. Thyl Do you have any closing statements you would like to make before we go?”

"We aware that our enemies are reorganizing and that the Gallente are making every effort to recruit more capsuleer forces. Never as much as now, it is the time to think about our future and make a decision. Not on mood, egoism or self ambitions, but on an in-depth thinking on what we (as CalMil) want for our State in the coming months, the coming years, decades even. While tension is mounting all around us. I call upon everyone who is loyal to the State, to put aside any misunderstandings and past grievances and to together to so that we can tackle any challenges our enemies throw against us and the State.

In additional news

8 Likes