(Actually) Interesting Ideas for Ending the Amarr-Minmatar Conflict

Having read this thread, I tend to agree with @Aldrith_Shutaq : the voices we hear the most are the one of those that stay in their point of view.

Once again, I’m fairly new to the IGS and only recently took an interest in the rest of the cluster and I may not be an historian or a diplomat, but the kyonoke plague made me realise that we are all in the same basket and that there is greater threat to the cluster than the rivalry between empires.
And my post a few weeks ago WAS oriented and not neutral like I should have done it.

Personally, I would agree to a bargain with this concession, because from the amarrians’ point of view it is a HUGE things. Even if for the minmatars it is “normal”.
In counterpart,

• the minmatars should stop actively attacking the empire
  • let the amarrians have slaves because like this thread have proven it again, the amarrs are not ready to do so and it would harm their culture deeply, too quickly, therefore not ending anything (not speaking that except by a full scale invasion not doable, there is no way to make the end of slavery apart)
  • finally allow their preacher to preach, for the minmatars it would be an actual effort., but no protection guaranteed for the amarr’s specifically, even if I would agree that creating “neutral preaching zones” protecting ALL cults preaching in them would be agreeable.

What I see from this is that both parties do a huge effort, not in the eye of the other side, but on their side.
the freedom of the minmatars would also mean the end of the main reason of the rivalry between the two empires. The direct conclusion of this, on my opinion, would be a real start of discussion (not just some capsuleers but the actuals governments doing more together than minimal polite responses.)

Of course this could be a little hypocrite because it sound a little bit like “I want minmatars’ freedom, the others can stay slaves”.

But, on my opinion, it is only a first step.

why?

because I would propose a more “long terme” agreement, allow free trade between the two.

What if the republic would, with the help of the federation, create labor robots that would be sold to the amarrians, why not in exchange for slaves? therefore they could release them. Of course that would work only if Amarr stop making new slaves that is not also a empire’s citizen (after all, you can do whatever you want to your people).

Once again, what I see from this is that each part is not asked to change how it work inside itself, but how it work with the rest of the cluster.

I’ll take the reclaiming as the main example: in the situation I propose, I do not propose the end of the reclaiming. Amarr can still “bring every men and women under the light of god” but not by force. If one day Amarr come in a state that they dominate the whole cluster by force without being worried, then it would mean that a vast majority of the cluster think that way.
Even if I would like not see this futur happen, I will defend the possibility of it. It’s the responsibility of those who don’t want to see it happen, to not let it happen.
But in the meantime, the minmatars would be free and could find other peaceful ways.

My point being : if everyone is saying “let’s crush the neighbours before they crush us” well, one day we will destroy everything…

With the kyonoke plague, we know that some parties are actively creating and field testing efficient ways to kill huge parts of populations rapidly. Imagine the ravages if the kyonoke outbreak would have been if done by air dispersions on entire planets ?

sorry for the long post, I hope it is “neutral” and will help :confused: