(Actually) Interesting Ideas for Ending the Amarr-Minmatar Conflict

To be fair, Aldrith, the Matari aren’t saying you can’t have slaves - they’re saying you can’t have Matari slaves who aren’t criminals.

1 Like

This still does not matter. Our faith states that we do have that right so long as those enslaved are of heathen ancestry and belief, Minmatar or not. It is a major concession to willfully go against that and free them regardless, hence why it is completely reasonable to expect major concessions in return.

There are many aspects to this problem, and we have not even gotten to discussing the Amarr side of the issue since we are still stuck debating whether or not the Republic should even be involved. The Minmatar argue no as a matter of pride, the Amarr argue no as a matter of the Reclaiming. I argue internally that freeing the Minmatar can aid the Reclaiming in the long-term and gain us peace in the short term so that we may concentrate on more immediate threats.

1 Like

Unless the Throne has decided that God wants CONCORD to be a ‘useful idiot’, a tool for preventing retribution, while the Empire ignores whatever commitments it feels aren’t in its interests.

Which, you know, fits the observed behavior of the Imperial Navy.

1 Like

this would require that those spreading the Amarr faith outside of the Empire not be agents of the Amarr Throne—and this is impossible, so long as the Amarr faith’s direction and guidance stems directly from the Amarr Throne. Thus: secularizing the Reclaiming outside of the Empire would require that civil war you’re never going to get. It would require the Amarr not be Amarr.

1 Like

I’m not asking to prove faith, or proof of faith. I’m trying to get a grasp of Ms Jenneth’s understanding of faith.

1 Like

The impasses just keep popping up. The Amarr seem have dug themselves a lidded hole impossible to breach, and the hole is quickly filling up with water.

1 Like

This is nonsense. I’ve just explained how our faith can be interpreted to justify peace just as easily as war. Perceptions are in the process of changing, but we are on the correct trajectory.

1 Like

This is not at all true, Aldrith. It’s not an issue of pride to say that we can’t trust you. It’s not an issue of pride to say that expecting us to offer concessions to get you to stop abusing our people is offensive and counterproductive. It’s not an issue of pride to say that these are issues that need to be addressed first, so that the central issue can be tackled from a common framework.

Otherwise, all we have is an untrustworthy abuser attempting to dictate terms for us to stop trying to end your abuses. And that is not a route that leads to anything but more resentment, violence, and eventually a war of extinction.

3 Likes

No, you’ve explained how your faith can be interpreted to engage in psychological war and cultural war, rather than a physically violent war. Your faith still calls for the ultimate eradication of all other faiths, cultures, and belief systems, everywhere.

2 Likes

Even you cannot deny this is still a step forward.

2 Likes

Uh … since I guess you really do want to know…

What the Amarr take to be evidence of God isn’t very likely to be taken as evidence by people who aren’t already maybe a little predisposed to take it that way unless they’re kind of looking for something to believe in, and reasons to believe it (which come to think of it isn’t rare).

A person filled to brimming with faith will look over a grove of trees, and see God there. A spiritual skeptic will look over the same, and see biology; and below that, chemistry; and below that, physics; and below that, math. Lots and lots of math.

Of course, the math doesn’t really explain it all exactly; it’s more, I guess, the difference between seeing a plan and a phenomenon.

If you look into something so complicated, it’s easy to see what you’re disposed towards seeing.

1 Like

Deception is a sin. Those who engage in it are criminals before God.

Sure, on a mine with a delay trigger.

2 Likes

No, it’s really not. It’s a step more treacherous and deceitful, nothing else.

3 Likes

Unless the Empress decides that she and the Theology Council aren not sinning when they do it, and the Theology Council agrees. Because ultimately, Sami, it’s all still just humans in power, dictating God’s Will as being whatever will keep them in power.

2 Likes

Oh boy, here we go.

1 Like

Hey, if you can offer definitive proof to the contrary…

1 Like

And maybe everyone in House Sarum is right.

2 Likes

Final judgment is God’s alone. Anything they have done will be accounted for.

1 Like

I love my husband.

1 Like