Add Apple Pay/Google Pay as payment check out options

First: I don’t get just my information from the company that provides the product - I research and test it myself.

Second: if you look at the tech report about how Apple Pay works, the only person with your information is you, the merchant only gets a one time use token.

Third: any fraud happening through the Apple Pay system is do to the (biggest issue) piss poor card security banks use. And/or People not using two-factor authentication on their accounts. (I have done a lot of reading about this topic and it all tends to come back to a persons info being compromised from poor bank security, or information breaches - like the recent T-mobile breach).

So yes, I do agree with your over all statement - only way to keep your stuff secure is to not share it.

What security tests have you conducted with your Apple pay account?

Again, your CC transaction still happens, just in a different place. If the CC transaction is as you put it piss poor, it’s just as good between you and CCP as it is you and Apple.

2FA is undoubtedly more secure, but only at one particular step. Which I personally don’t care about, it’s not my money lol. One of the reasons to only ever use a CC online btw; never debit. But after you’ve 2FA, retinal scanned, DNA tested and given your mother’s maiden name, ta da! CC transaction anyway, which again, using your own words “piss poor.” It’s like an online purchase but with extra steps. WHY?

On your last point, bringing it back, only ever use a credit card. If you tell them you made a boo boo before you pay it off, it’s their problem, not yours. Which is why I couldn’t give a toss about “making it more secure by adding steps that don’t help.”

Edit: forced 2FA is irritating as ■■■■, I’m looking at you CCP.

1 Like

You keep missing the point

Apple Pay does not send CC data. It sends a one use token.

And from what I have used of it - it isn’t one more step. It’s all those boxes filled in and me not having to type, name on card, card number, expiration date etc.

From all your comments, you clearly have not used a contactless payment like Apple Pay. So all we do is keep going around and around. It is not constructive to the discussion.

And again for you. An Apple Pay transaction on the web is as simple as - click check out with Apple Pay - Prompt on Phone/Laptop - verify the card - double tap power button or touch TouchID. All in all - maybe 5-10 secs. And the company does not get any of my CC info, they get a one time use token with enough data for them to collect payment.

5-10 secs, vs having to type in all the info.

Where does the money come from on your Apple account?

Dude, really. I have now explained how it works like 5-10 times.

Please read the support documents, as you clearly do not understand the technology behind a one time use token.

Have a fantastic day.

You could have been a smart ass and said you top up your account with prepaid cards you bought with cash. Instead you pretended in every single post that I wasn’t making this point:

CCP get a one time token, then Apple perform a normal “piss poor” credit card transaction to get the money from you. Hence I have said a few times now; the system you propose is the same, but with extra steps.

What you have done is committed something called a “strawman.” A “strawman” is when the person you are discussing with understands your point, but because they do not have a valid argument against it, they instead adjust or ignore important details to make it easier to refute. That is what you did.

You have no argument against the point I have been making this whole time, that the CC transaction happens anyway, just between you and Apple instead of you and CCP. Because you have no refutation of this, instead you have so far pretended it simply doesn’t happen.

My first line again, you could have been a smart ass, the other option is you actually didn’t understand my point. If that’s the case, I hope you have the help you need from someone trustworthy to manage basic things like credit cards for you.

1: I don’t ever remember you saying anything about using prepaid cards.

2: Not that it is your business, I have 0 rolling credit card debt. I manage very well on my own thank you.

3: All my original post was asking for, is that CCP adds an addition option for check out with Apple Pay. That I personally find to be easier, and more secure to the web standard of typing in my information. I feel that all I have tried to do, is continually respond to people whi have replied by posting misinformation about how it would cost more money per transaction for CCP or something else.

4: My piss poor statement for the USA credit card system stands. Other nations have been using more secure methods, like chip and pin (I believe since the 80s.) USA, has only been pushing chips for the last few years and then, not even pushing for the use of pin with it. CC fraud in the USA is ridiculous.

5: The fact that adding Apple Pay adds an option with zero (0) addition transaction cost and the only technical additional cost would be adding it and maintenance for their website. Which, I assume they are already paying for maintenance. While opening an additional route for players to use (CCP has enough Mac users to build a native client, probably means they have a lot of people who would/could use this system for checkout) when checking out.

6: We probably are not going to see eye to eye. Which I am fine with. You be you and I will be me. You pay CCP how ever you wanna pay them. I would still like to have Apple Pay, because as I have stated: I find it be easier and more secure than the traditional web payment method. A simple check out process for people who use it, that takes seconds vs minutes (if typing in your CC information). Reduces the chance for your transaction to be declined (I can’t help it if the person is RL poor and has used their CC/bank limit) if not avoids it all together. Which was the primary reason I made this post, as my bank was doing their job and declining the large purchases I was attempting to make with CCP as I had not made similar purchases before.

7: If yo have any more questions about how Apple Pay works, please ask Google. It should be able to explain better.

so you don’t wanna put your card info on, why not use paypal then.

Bad personal experience.

From point 1 it’s clear you don’t understand.

I’ll try this, if you want your Apple account balance to go from $5 to $10, how does this happen?

Edit: for 7. I don’t pay them any more. I decided to send most of my toons to doomheim and only omega with Plex after a particularly egregious customer support request.

I know how the stuff works, but I have never needed to use a preloaded card, ever.

But to answer your question, I would have to send money from a bank account with money to a prepaid style account. Or use some sort of cash to preloaded card location.

As a side note, I was not talking about Apple Cash, which is not the same as Apple Pay. Apple Cash is more like your prepaid cards which you are now talking about. Apple Pay is a contactless payment system for POS terminals and websites.

Nevermind.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.