I bet many of us felt sadness after traning some ship / weapon / support skill to 5. Its like “i can’t master shis ship any further”, “i should multibox to perform better”. ‘i shoudl fit officer mod’s’, ‘nothing to train anymore’.
There is simple solution for that. CCP can just add 5 (or more) levels to most of the skills. Shure, there is no point in adding 5 more levels to ‘Drones’ - you cant deplloy more than 5. But there is a point to add more levels to ‘Caldari frigate’, ‘Capacitor management’, ‘Evasive Maneuvering’ etc.
Each new level should take 5x more time to train, so people will not wine about a ‘gap between old and new players’.
5+ levels could be avaliable for alpha clones, so peaple will not wine about ‘I want it for free, bad CCP’.
Why its good for players?
- You can master your favorite ships. There will be an option to train more instead of changing ship type or ship size.
- You can master a ROLE of your ship. Like if ship has sniping bonuses, it would be even better in that.
- You can perform better with 1 account. that means less alts - more alive players.
- You can surprise ppl that are making guesses about what your ship can do.
- This would be sort of buff for younger pilots and smaller ships in general (‘bigger isn’t allways better’ and so on) because smaller traning time multiplers on their skills.
Why its good for CCP?
- More interested players. They can train for a battleship for 2 month or train for a frigsize for years.
- More Skill Extractors sold.
- More active, but unused accounts. Like ‘I wonder what my condor will be capable of after 2 years, i will just set skill queue and go afk to find my ship nerfed in the end’ (lol).
- Simply adding more skill levels may cause some trobles in industry, but im shure devs will get it fixed.
- SP prices may go up? So be it. More alts traning to extract skills = one more way to gain isk.
- Worry about suicide gankers with 1k+ dps on cheap destriyers? Thain you tank better.
- Gap getween old and new players? Again, not more than it is allready , 5x more time to train for next level.
- Pay (buy injectors) to win? That would be A LOT of injectors, especially with that penalty on injecting for old players.
Now, if you can see any more valuable consequences of this - pls write about them. But pls dont write things like “go ttain skill_name if you have nothing to train”, because it’s not for you to decide what players should do ingame. Everybody are playing their own EVE.