AFK Gameplay is discouraged

Thank you OP for bringing up this issue, I think this one is easier to tackle than the other thread about Hi-Sec War Decc spamming. This afk cloaking issue was a huge problem too in other games like Vanilla WoW private servers! People have tons of free alts stealth classes and sit afk all day camping world boss spawns to get first guild dibs.

Stealth can be super OP and is probably too strong right now in Eve! Especially perma cloak and afk!

Its amazing how little thought people put into these ‘ideas’. Not only are they too lazy to search the forums to see if its been proposed before (Spoiler Alert - it has… a lot), they also don’t have the sense to give any though to how it would affect the game as a whole (Spoiler Alert: You’ve broken the entirety of WH-Space)

Another narrow-minded new player desperately tries to ruin four classes of ship with another terrible idea.

Dear OP, if a cloak is keeping your target hidden from you, GOOD. That’s the entire point. Giving you any chance to detect a cloaked player makes them completely worthless in every application. There is no need for any module to uncloak people, and if you still desperately feel there is then I’d suggest fitting EMP bombs to your ship.

Don’t fix what ain’t broke, and cloaks are not broken,

So what did you lose? Or is this another thinly veiled rant about not being able to rat with impunity?

Some good points here for both sides of the argument and some 1/10 trolls.

Then there are the salt mines who think the only useage of a cloak is to sit still and will likely tantrum unsub if their camp burns down.

Fun fact: Nothing of value will be lost.
(About me: I unsubbed ONCE. It was during the NEX crisis and the golden question)

AFK cloaking is fine. Move along. An AFK player can’t hurt you, or deliver intel on you (unless he uses a local scraping bot but that’s not an issue with cloaks). If he’s not AFK he’s just playing the game normally and is again fine and within the rules.

There is no such thing as “the AFK cloaking problem” unless you are referring to the people complaining about it, who should harden up.

Still hoping for local removal everywhere outside of hisec, which would solve both these “issues”. I realise many nul people think cynos necessitate local chat functionality, but removal of local actually just makes the game harder for everyone (and more spacey feeling), which is fine.

1 Like

What is it with you renter trash that you always believe your idea is so great that you have to make thread 235235235892352325352872590872357890237528378589237253 on afk cloaking with EXACTLY the same “idea” (e.g. buckets of tears) that renter trash 235235235892352325352872590872357890237528378589237252 had before you.

Post your tears in the designated afk cloaker whine thread that I have on my muted list. I do not want to read your entitled carebear ■■■■■■■■ all over the forums.

Either HTFU or go play a game that is more your style.

2 Likes

Or you have Rorqual alts. Or bots. Or afk farming VNIs.

So screw people moving supers and titans.

Any solution to afk camping should be non-invasive to other uses of cloaking. And OP, sorry but it looks like you don’t have enough knowledge about cloaky life and uses of the cloaking module to suggest solutions. Also, your solution already has been suggested many times and deemed horrible.

PS: Best noninvasive solution is making sure cloaking button needs to be reclicked in some time interval. All other solutions mess stuff with other uses of cloaking. Then again this is bottable.

All of the anti-cloaker whine bears fall into that category. They want perfectly safe space and won’t ever stop crying before that is exactly what they get.

Just one more nerf.

• wrong forum
  • old idea, rehashed
  • OP doesn’t even use google
  • go back to WoW
2 Likes

Sorry, but that is how it looks.

12 Likes

CCP could have fixed this years ago by making cloaks require fuel or charges, like command bursts, but they havent, which means they dont see it as a problem.

1 Like

You are trying to solve a problem that does not exist.
Or are you trying to solve your problem of AFK ratting, and when someone parks a cloaked AFK character in your system, your bot docks?

2 Likes

While I think that afk cloaking is part of the game, I have discovered that, if you’re being chased by faction police in high-sec (not just Concord), you won’t be able to turn on your cloak. If empires have a way to disable your cloak, then players should have it too. Players already have a way to block cynos for an entire system and blocking cloaking should be implemented in a similar manner.

1 Like

That would only benefit botters, so no.

1 Like

They already do. If you target someone they are not able to cloak. Further, even if they do cloak before you can target them, you can just have to get within 2 000m to force them to uncloak.

But turning off cloaking in a whole system? That is terrible for everyone but the alpha player group and would make moving solo or in small groups around New Eden insanely risky. It will never happen.

2 Likes

This thread has been moved to Player Features and Ideas

That reminds me of a joke (slightly disturbing, but strangely appropriate for the time of year).

Can’t remember where I heard it but I always have this image of Tim Curry as Frank N. Furter with a riding crop in his hand when I hear (or tell) it.

Guy standing on stage addresses the audience:

I’m into flagelism, bestiality & necrophilia…

Pauses.

Does this mean I’m flogging a dead horse?

1 Like

■■■■■■■ hell. Not this again.

Edit:
@ISD_Chanisa_Nemes why would you not lock this thread for being redundant, rather than just move it into the PF&I thread? The AFK cloaking thread already exists, and this idea has been suggested at least a thousand times in the past, shot down time and again.

3 Likes

Theres an open thread in PFANDI already. Surely one of these can be locked.

3 Likes