AFK Gameplay is discouraged

@ISD_Chanisa_Nemes there is an existing thread on this…why not just lock it?

2 Likes

Sure they can do something about it. Rat/mine in groups, in fleets, on comms and be ready to counter. If someone is so afraid to undock when the system isn’t 100% blue, guaranteed, why are they in nullsec to begin with?

2 Likes

Probably because they heard all the nul sec corp recruiting propaganda that nul is safer than hi & it’s impossible to make any ISK (& there’s nothing worth doing) in hi (or low) sec… and believed it :grin:

1 Like

Or look at the killboards and see when they are getting their kills. This can help you determine if they are indeed AFK.

1 Like

… that’s not how scan res works. you would be able to scan them down fine but it would be hardfor you to lock them w/o a friend

… but null really is safer than high so long as you are in a semi competent group

3 Likes

Funny that people do not realize NS is safer because people work at being safer. Using scouts, intel channels, and not running around like a dingbat in a loot pinata.

When people die stupidly in HS…it was because they were stupid.

The majority of sov NS is safe mainly because it’s not a place where hostile entities can live in the same place. Most NS do not get visited by a “neutral” for days.

Farming grounds like Delve are safe because capital umbrellas. It doesnt take too much work to use a capital umbrella if you have one.

Besides, nobody is entitled to anything in this game just because they work hard. If the thing you achieve by working hard is game breaking, then it gets fixed.

Yes, people working at making their space safe…

Again, people taking actions to make their corner of NS safe. Nothing wrong with this. Working as intended.

If you work hard at something and are successful…sure you are entitled to the benefits of that effort and success.

Again, this nothing shocking. If you put forth effort to make your space safer why yes…it could very well be safer.

1 Like

I know a guy who puts lots of work and effort to AFK cloaky camping. He has 200 campers. He uses server hardware and multiple PCs to keep accounts online. It takes lots of effort, organization and dedication to keep those AFK campers functional. Manage each one by one. Place it into target system. Monitor systems. Farm/extract SP from each. Get people to kill your targets. Kill targets. Move 200 accounts once you are done with the region. So much admirable, respectible dedication.

Yet AFK camping is game breaking and should be fixed. And this guy is not is entitled to game breaking mechanics regardless of the effort he spends.

Same goes with your usage of capital umbrellas to make your space safer.

i’m just going to flag this thread with the button at the bottom. ISDs should be encouraged to actually read threads and think about the decisions they’re going to make.

@ISD_Chanisa_Nemes, don’t you agree? this thread has no reason to exist. it’s not only redundant, it’s basically flamebait. we not only already have a lighting rod thread for those who complain about afk cloakers, there simply is nothing new to be discussed. it has been covered thoroughly already.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Nope. Working as intended. You seriously want us to believe that when a group is cohesive and works together and uses the in game items, ships, etc. to do things like…make their space safe…they should be penalized?

Oh, and yeah, about that guy with 200 accounts…

I find it simply amazing that somebody is going to be spending the equivalent of nearly $50,000 to AFK camp…so amazing I’m not inclined to believe it.

edited it a little… is that what you were saying?

1 Like

He doesn’t sound AFK to me. How is he Managing the campers, placing them in systems, bringing people to kill targets while not being at the keyboard exactly? If he uses local scraping software that’s against the rules, if he doesn’t he can’t hurt you while AFK.

Yes, that is a good clarification.

If you are arguing afk cloaking is not a game breaking mechanic then most of Eve would disagree with you. This just means you don’t have enough knowledge about it, so do your research.

The good thing about facts are that they are true regardless you believe in them or not.

Because an act of balancing this game is a penalty if it’s made against your interests. Classic Goon entitlement.

This game essentially promises a risk/reward balance. You can see that promise in Eve advertisements. The riskier space you go, the more reward you get, but the more you are likely to die. And then you become content for someone. This is how this game becomes a functioning ecosystem, and everybody has fun.

Your usage of the capital umbrella breaks that promise. It makes your capital PvE risk free and unassailable. If enough force is gathered in your space to break your umbrella, then you will know and merely dock up. If people try to evict you from your space, you will move somewhere else and deny content. If people chase you to the new place, you will keep moving. Nobody will chase you that much because that’s a game purely based on denial of content for both sides, and people want content. Nowhere in this scenario you will lose a non-laughable amount of those PvE capitals. And then more and more capital farmers will join your ranks, because the risk free farm you offer. And then more than half of Eve’s capital farmers are farming in a blue space free from risk, breaking the ecosystem, inflating ISK, devaluing minerals, denying content for all. Thus the game breaks economically, and content-wise. This is literally what’s happening atm. And again, you are not entitled to game breaking mechanics just because you “work hard™”.

So, CCP should limit the capabilities capital umbrellas and introduce more counters. I think a rebalance needed for cyno mechanics, or at least a cyno inhibitor rework is necessary. Also, a single region shouldn’t be able to sustain half of Eve’s nullsec farmers. If they will live in a single alliance and blue each other, then they should at least need to be spread out to be able to do so.

1 Like

This sounds more of “GRRRR Goons” than anything else…

1 Like

Because every time someone argues there are mechanics that Goons use to break the game, they must be hating Goons and jealous of Goons. You can’t use “Grr Goons” to meme your way out of every disagreement.

Eeehhh without actual proof that this guy exists, there is no reason to believe this in any way or form. Even IF these 200 pilots under one umbrella actually sit in space and afk cloak doesn’t mean it’s bad.

What’s bad is that people whine about unconfirmed threats.

FACTS!

Every single afk cloaker is only an unconfirmed threat, until someone undocks to find out if he is an actual threat. AFK cloakers do nothing and hurt no one, and unless you go and find out how many of these claimed 200 afk cloakers are actual threats, there is no reason to change anything.

The worst part is, that the actual reason for all these whiners isn’t afk cloaking, but that alliances exist who give them a safe space to farm in. Maybe we should start looking for ways of getting rid of those instead.

1 Like

You know nothing Jon Snow. My knowledge is there because I killed targets for this guy for a period, and talked to this guy. But I don’t know how to"prove" you that he exists. If you have a friend who is good at whaling ask about yoyo210 and Space Mafia. He afk cloaked entire regions and extorted money from nullsec dwellers. Half a year ago he lost a 100b+ blockade runner that was filled 1 month of SP from all his accounts, and left the game. This was his killboard. All kills there are tackled by afk camping, and killed by them alone or a batphone like us. I was a bombers bar FC back then and killed lots of carriers for/with him.

For the purposes of my post that you quoted, it doesn’t really matter if he’s real or not either. I brought him up as an example on that effort™ doesn’t justify any game breaking capability. Suppose he was an imaginary example. The example still shows that effort doesn’t justify game breaking capabilities.

I’m not gonna argue with you on AFK camping. It’s already pretty widely accepted as a game breaking lame mechanic. I am saying this as a person who hunts PvE ships in nullsec. I agree that nullsec is safer than it should be, but that doesn’t change AFK camping being a lame mechanic. That being said, most of the proposed “solutions” offered by people would mess up other things, and most people are not knowledgeable enough to offer solutions Because most solutions are offered by victims of afk camping, null carebears, who have limited knowledge on the wide Eve. Including the OP of this thread.