AFK Gameplay is discouraged

This thread has been moved to … shame it wasn’t moved to /dev/null…

2 Likes

No, PvE-ers in sov nullsec who don’t rat or mine in standing fleets would argue AFK cloaking is a game breaking mechanic. No other group has an issue with it.

2 Likes

I have known plenty of nullsec hunters who think ultimately it is something to be fixed. They don’t make a fuss about it because they are not its victim.

No one is it’s victim. By definition you can’t hurt anyone when not at the keyboard.

3 Likes

You block these people’s ratting you harm them more than killing their ship lol. Their lifestyle is premised on undisturbed ratting time with a local empty from hostiles.

Really you’ve done a survey?

I was being polite. I don’t believe you.

My point is that this “capital umbrella” is the result of effort and reasonable and prudent behavior. Why is that bad.

This is naive and short sighted. Risk is determined by your actions. Risk is not something that exists independent of your actions. So Goons do things to reduce the risk they face in NS and as a result reap the rewards. Working as intended by CCP. Why should any group, Goons or otherwise, be penalized for taking prudent and reasonable actions that allows them to better exploit the resources of the space they hold?

There is no promise, that is just a load of nonsense you just made up. Further, it is not game breaking in the least.

So players should not be able to reduce and mitigate their risk? Why do you think risk is something that should be independent of players actions? You should face a given level of risk no matter what you do to reduce it?

If players organize, reduce their risk and the rewards they reap are too large the solution is not to remove this ability from players, but look at the rewards one can obtain from NS.

Your entire complaint really boils down to: Goons are doing “X” really well and they should be hampered in doing this.

BTW, I have to say this post is totally fecking hilarious. It is hilarious because in one breath you complain about AFK camping. In the next you complain about Goons who actually have a good strategy to actually counter AFK camping…but that too is game breaking.

Oh for God’s sake. Can you please realize we are playing a competitive MMO and people are going to play in ways that “harm” others (using your stilted and non-sensical definition)?

Oh, and given that playing EVE is voluntary, that you are told others will want to do things to impede whatever you want to do in game…and that is the nature of this game…how is anyone harmed in any real sense? The answer they are no more harmed than if I beat them at a game of checkers or chess.

Look everyone. Olmeca Gold is just a big ol’ poopie head that likes to “harm” others. After all, going after a ratter and denying him his ratting income and blowing up his ship “harms” him. What a jerk. :roll_eyes:

/sarcasm

2 Likes

No one blocks anyone’s ratting. Rat in PvP fit ships while in fleet and on comms. You’re not in highsec anymore, so why aren’t you doing that anyway?

1 Like

I recommend just requiring cloaks to consume fuel to run the module… so say you could only carry an hour or two’s worth of supply depending on usage/cycles, forcing folks to go resupply and end 23/7 cloakies.

Why should active cloakers have their game nerfed? Can we nerf your game for something someone else does?

1 Like

nah just think it makes cloak module more of a strategic asset than pure freedom to have alt accounts collecting intel all day; maybe make it so the module burns out after a few hours of continuous use and just needs to be repped in a station or tether… but Teckos I know, i am not die hard for this type of change so i do appreciate you pushing back and keeping us honest :slight_smile:

Found the person who has never tried to use a cloaked ship before.

1 Like

lol ok i do BLOPS plenty.

Ok. Found the dumbest cloaked pilot in EVE then, if you have used cloaked ships before and can’t figure out why limiting cloak duration to 1-2 hours before having to dock up and resupply would be a really stupid idea.

1 Like

thanks for the insult. just say you disagree and move on.

Cloaks are a strategic module. They help players get behind enemy “lines”.

Agree; the question is how long should they be able to remain behind enemy lines…indefinitely ?

Or I can give you the insults you need, for posting something so laughably wrong. Advocating a 1-2 hour limit on cloaking time (less if you want to carry any non-fuel cargo) shows complete ignorance of how cloaked ships work. That doesn’t just limit the ability to cloak while AFK, it completely cripples your ability to operate away from friendly space. You’d burn most of that 1-2 hours just traveling back and forth between your target and your fuel supply, and god help you if you have to stay cloaked for a while to gather intel or set up an ambush or whatever.

sure 6 hours…12 hours… anyway, move along