Alfa and Omega accaunt

What’s stopping them? It sure isn’t any magical barrier CCP put in place.

1 Like

I would have to disagree.
Though, you are unlikely to get the ISK needed by HS mining.

Instead, you could try a null bloc if you want to keep mining.
Or try something else, like deep space exploration (i.e. away from HS).
That can be hit or miss, but over a few weeks, if you keep at it, you should net enough to go Omega.

–Helpful Gadget

3 Likes

There are actually quite a lot of options that are available to you here. Mining is definitely not a good source of income, but ratting, incursions, factional warfare, wormhole exploration, and a lot of other activities are. I mine so I can build things that I use, and sometimes sell, but it is not a main source of income for me.

One suggestion I do have for you if you want to work on mining and are not satisfied with the Venture (which I do feel is a good ship for a lot of things) is to look around the forums for how other Alphas are fitting battleships, such as Rohks, for mining.

Another option is to subscribe for a month or two, get the skills and equipment that you need to PLEX your account, the drop your subscription and maintain your account that way.

It absolutely can be done if you find the right opportunities.

2 Likes

This mining without omega time is not worth it!
so I say that it needs to be improved, that is, if you have Omgau to learn skills such as ORCA and BARGE, but at the end of the omega, at least these boats remain alpha accaunta

For all of those who are not happy how alpha works: get back in time when all we have as free trial was 14 days or 21 days of anyone has invited you… and then was the end of your game unless you have subscribed. Also todays logi frigs were mining frigs with almost no cargo, you had to jetcan mine.

Things are now much easier than ever before, stop complaining and enjoy eve!

Edit: sry for reply to wrong pilot, it was for OP.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you.

I think the issue here is how the Alpha role is being presented (or at least interpreted) by a growing number of Alpha pilots. That’s a legitimate complaint, as shown by the growing number of posts of this nature, and something that I hope CCP will address before the situation becomes toxic.

Yeah… nah
It would be better for CCP to go back to 21 day trials so only those who can pay can play (and we’d save all these pointless posts asking for more)

8 Likes

I don’t think that genie is going back into the bottle.

But this is going to be a challenge for CCP to get a handle on from a messaging and expectation-management perspective.

As I say, I’m somewhat sympathetic to how Alphas can feel a bit put-off by being offered a free experience to then be hit with a paywall for certain things in potentially unexpected ways. I am not sympathetic to asking for more features, ships, or skills, but I understand the perception issue. It’s not hard to see how the pay-to-win perception can start.

Those of us who have been around for a while will have a different perspective on this than people who were only exposed to EVE through the Alpha state.

2 Likes

Free to play in this game does not exist
and everywhere I see advertisements about how the game is free
somebody has to make a complaint about that is a difficult lie and a scam
I think they should just say that it is free only alpha and that it is only 10% of the game

Dom Arkaral
I agree with you!!!

F2P is a beautiful lie
And Omega is a painful truth :wink:

The original being:
Life is a beautiful lie
And death is a painful truth

(It’s deep but idc)

6 Likes

If you say you can only sub at times make a skillplan say for a good ship to help u gain plex when you can’t pay.I’d personally start with guristas ships as end goal train for vexor navy with the 5 mil free you get when you can sub a month add skills to aim toward a rattlesnake but not train skills that would be locked behind omega if you revert back you won’t lose access to any SP.Of course whining is easier so all I can say is HTFU or GTFO.

1 Like

Easiest way to fix everything, buy a few plex as a one time purchase and buy all you need, don’t waste your time mining, I mine, it’s not enjoyable, trust me buy a plex and move on to better things, grinding is for nut cases like me

They should just go full free2play. I agree that the mixed model they currently have is ■■■■ and just screams pay2win for everyone not familiar with the game.

2 Likes

This comes up on a regular basis in Rookie Help Chat.

Alpha is free , , , but limited
Omega is subscription based, with no limits.

It is easier (but not assured) for an Omega to be able to continue to make good isk and stay omega than it is for an Alpha to cross that barrier.

so? As someone above said already, show me the market model that will keep this game that has lasted so damn long to continue, to thrive, when they start giving the milk away for free. (ask your mother if you do not recognize the reference) There must be clearly defined reasons to be Omega, to make it worth paying. Congratulations OP, you found one of them.

oh and Gadget? every one of your sign-offs makes me grin. thank you

m

4 Likes

My first post here and please forgive me for my bad english.
Making isk for Omega is not really that hard. In example, i earn almost 2 billions last month just reselling new assault damage control modules at Jita and Amarr markets. You just need to see opportunity and use it. Btw, i started playing december last year.
Again, sorry for bad english.

1 Like

@Nikola_Dukic
if barges and exhumers are open for alphas all the mining multiboxer would use alphas and that would CCP cost a lot of real money
ingame it would bring us to a market full of near free ore … not a good idea

@Ima_Wreckyou
i guess full free2play would be a bad idea … how you will pay for the servers and the developers? explain that … maybe CCP reads and your idea is the thing they missed but i guess not … (and i remember you dont like to read what i write)

alpha is a endless trial
i never thought its a good idea to allow alphas battleships, faction ships and T2 stuff … now they sit there and want a stratios or a rattlesnake but its hard to make the isk for it …

JuuR

FTFY.

It had a beak, remember?

you may have not seen it, but I have indicated that Omega can retain most of its functions that even MINING BARGE and industrial KOMAND SHIP have the opportunity to learn only with the use of omega, but that after the end of Omega this boat is allowed to use, such as MINING BARGE and INDUSTRIAL COMMAND SHIP.
I say that this will not significantly affect the amount of subscribers but will significantly affect the amount of players on the server, therefore, the game will be much more interesting for both groups of players

Three things here.

First, Alphas can never fly barges or Industrial Command Ships, even if they were Omega and trained for them and have the skills. If you are Alpha, you can not fly these ships.

Second, I will again state the impact that this will have on the in-game economy. Having a large swarm of players suddenly able to mine large amounts of resources will harm prices and potentially destabilize many parts of the economy. I suspect that some of the philosophy behind Alpha states is to inherently make Alphas demand-drivers for modules, ships, and other things and not suppliers to help shore up the supply-demand balance in the game. That’s just my thought on the topic, I don’t know if CCP thinks that way or not.

Last, you are saying that these ships are not enough to get you to subscribe. I will ask for a third time, what is enough? What you are essentially saying here is that these ships are not enough to get you or others to pay money for the game so you should just get them for free. I reject that. “More players on the server” -something that can actually increase CCP’s expenses on the server side- in exchange for fewer paying players and a less stable in-game economy does not benefit those of us who have supported this game with our money.

Let me again say, I understand your frustration with how the Alpha mode was presented to you. That does not mean that I agree with the things that you are asking for and I am trying to explain why those things are actually harmful to the game and the subscribers who support it.

2 Likes

I really do not have anything against paying the game, and I understand that a subscription is held, but you will not increase the subscription. Every day plays at least 8 or 9 hours and I concluded that currently mining can not buy omega from the game activity. Again, it’s okay to lose everything when omega expires!
at least to leave this opportunity to re-assemble Omega through its activity in the game I believe I would use the game and help all the players benefit, for example, players who have money to pay for PLAX can sell their PLAX for ISK.The subscription does not decrease because PLAX must be purchased from the money that goes for the game