All gates are flickering, not just connections to Final Loons

Yes, actual “Patrolling” happens. Combat probes already exist. No more capsules sitting on gates with bots beings used as free warning systems.
What, is you renter empire threatened?
Notice I didn’t do mechanics? If you actually read before feels you would notice that. I know nothing of any mechanics of “hyperspace” warp or something like that. The entire conversation is theoretical anyway and not even getting to that point how such a feature would be implemented when the possibility of it existing at all is remote.
Based on what I have seen so far, if we lose gates, then the “jumping” is likely going to be the usual soul sucking “you have to join a corp that can spend the ISK to buy the gear to do it” route. Because doing any kind of system to system warp/jump, like that which is done in every other sci fi genre and game, would be too much fun for players who like to actually enjoy a space game.
And we can’t have that, right? Your kind knows.

2 Likes

I already did.
Actually I’m laughing my ass off by your terrible attempt in dragging me into personal attacks.

I was trying to get you to say whats on your chest. I didn’t realise you were trying to skirt around personal attacks at me.

I don’t understand English very well, not the flavored ones anyway. What are they actually panning to do here? Locking everyone inside the solar system they are in? Force them to do what instead?

I would love to keep playing EvE, but i hate the influence those Koreans have had on the game.

Probably shut down the gates to the final liminality systems and replace them with Trig-gates to the minor victory systems.

Sorry, the what?

The Trigalvians conquered 27 + 28 systems. The 27 are called Final Liminality and CCP has told everybody to evacuate. The 28 are called Minor Victories and apparently those are not as serious.

CCP is suggesting that they will shut down some of the gates because of the Final Liminality systems.

The most logical thing to do would be to just shut off the gates to the Final Liminality systems and then connect all the Final Liminality systems to the Minor Victory systems with a new gate network.

It is also possible that CCP will do something unusual, like cycling gates on and off, or introducing activation timers/limits.

FYI I scrolled through most of your gamma screed. Can I get a tl;dr? I’m a little busy.

1 Like

Some fast brainstorm:

maybe all stargates flickering… and sometime shutdown for minutes…later hours.

In this case, the wormholesystem would be more important and flooded with capsuleers.

Maybe a new player stargate (more expensive than the current one) can be build with new stable technology .

1 Like

I find it hard to imagine the highsec denizens taking their badgers through wormhole space.

like…
a conduit gate ? ^^

Boooring. Useless. Not even fun or interesting. CCP removing isk value from players by destroying stuff or making it unaccessible, because … well, storyline lol, also boring since I was not flying it when it exploded.

Well not precisely.
The fastest a blockade runner can warp is about 8AU/s. Adjacent systems in the same constellation can be are about 0.2-1 ly apart (based on rough ingame jump drive distances) but lets take 0.5
0.5 light year is about 31570 AUs long. so it would take a 3948 second to cross or 1 hour 6 minutes.

Of course its the fastest time ever. For a freighter it would be about 6-8 hours to cross to the next system.

UPD: Interesting fact though, that FTL factor of the fastest warp speed in EVE is precisely 4500 times faster than light.

1 Like

This is all getting to be extremely over-drawn out. Just tell us the damn plan CCP and get it done already ffs. Try leaving the game to just exist for 6 months… I dare you.

NO! Then the daily player count would rise, and judging by the recent CCP’s actions they are strongly against that!

:thinking: I’m confused. I thought CCP left for summer holiday and never came back. Hasn’t it been six months?

If CCP keep you in the loop you won’t lose your stuff.

How many ships wouldn’t have been destroyed if CCP explained how werposts worked before they appeared?

Oh oh,

We might have to start using filaments to move around, randomly at first and within five jumps, until Edencom figures out a way to attenuate the filament carrier wavelength to jump to the system wanting to be jumped to.

CCP knew that running a game like this would take a lot personal sacrifice to keep running. It could be that they are trying to hand the game over to that new company they have partnered with.

What CCP didn’t expect was that Eve Online would take off like a race track winner that CCP is just barely holding onto the reigns of.